Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's time for the Tiger D to put up!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

It's time for the Tiger D to put up!

Sep 10, 2014, 6:06 PM

They kinda let us down vs UGA. We have won some big games the last few years but the D still gave up a lot in those games. I think the only way we beat FSU is by keeping their O off the field. It's time to take the pressure off the Tiger O a bit and the D step up and play lights out. We can beat FSU and our D will be the key to that happening.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only need one stop if a certain QB plays every series ...

Sep 10, 2014, 6:10 PM

Tigers will score touchdowns with a 2 point conversion on every drive!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SOunds like GT's gameplan against us in the ACCCG***

Sep 10, 2014, 6:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in Tampa for that debacle .....***

Sep 10, 2014, 6:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meeeeeee, too !! Crushing every time we couldn't stop them.***

Sep 10, 2014, 10:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I get that our D coordinator is gonna say they let us down

Sep 10, 2014, 6:11 PM

And the players are gonna say it in turn because it serves as motivation.

But as a whole the D played pretty dang well for 90% of the game against UGA. They gave us every shot to win that game, and the only real culprit I think you can blame is the offensive problems during the whole second half. The D bailed us out a bunch of possessions in that second half until they were flat out gassed.

I just can't blame them, though I know they'll say otherwise cause thats the message that motivates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D played well...but

Sep 10, 2014, 6:23 PM

an elite top 5 defense shouldn't give up 45 points under any circumstances, even though there are some legit excuses about offense being flat and stuff.

We were told that our D-line could be the best in country, it may still be but the score just didn't support that notion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: D played well...but

Sep 11, 2014, 8:56 AM

When the O goes 3 and out every series the D will give up points and wear down.

Sep 11, 2014, 8:59 AM

I understand that but the UGA D won the game for them. All I said in the OP was its time for our D to win us a big game.

Sep 11, 2014, 9:04 AM [ in reply to D played well...but ]

The D has to stay disciplined if they are getting stops and the offense is not doing anything with the ball.

I think when the O gets shutdown the defense starts pushing and that leads to being out of position and over pursuing trying to create a big play or a turnover. If the D stays home and play there assignments they can be a top 5 defense. The best defense in the country is going to get slashed and give up points if they are playing undisciplined football.

They will be ready for FSU. FSU will score some points, but the defense will not be the reason we lose if we do.

Sep 11, 2014, 9:10 AM

When we score it's going to be key that our D not give a TD right back. That happened in the UGA 2 times in the first half.

Sep 11, 2014, 9:36 AM

Actually, after our first score our D got a 3 and out.

Georgia scored on the next two drives to lead 14-7. Then our D held them scoreless the rest of the half as we took the 21-14 lead and then gave up the kickoff return. Then our D allowed just a FG as Georgia just kept the ball all thru 3Q and into the 4th.

You should maybe watch a replay of this game.

Re: I get that our D coordinator is gonna say they let us down

Sep 10, 2014, 9:10 PM [ in reply to I get that our D coordinator is gonna say they let us down ]

> And the players are gonna say it in turn because it
> serves as motivation.
>
> But as a whole the D played pretty dang well for 90%
> of the game against UGA. They gave us every shot to
> win that game, and the only real culprit I think you
> can blame is the offensive problems during the whole
> second half. The D bailed us out a bunch of
> possessions in that second half until they were flat
> out gassed.
>
> I just can't blame them, though I know they'll say
> otherwise cause thats the message that motivates.

I agree, If the O makes some first downs and scores some points in the 2nd half, the UGA game would have been closer.

are you refering to the NASTY???

Sep 10, 2014, 6:25 PM

patience grasshopper...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's time for the Tiger D to put up!

Sep 10, 2014, 9:41 PM

Deer Lord this is a stupid post. No D will hold up against UGA all year if their own O keeps them on the field the whole 2nd half. We held on then collapsed and gave up a rushing TD on three straight plays. Don't believe me? We'll talk about this next time a UGA opponent is held to 15 yards and 1 first down in a half. That should be about 20 years from now. This new crop on T-Net is unreal annoying to us old fans.

Sep 10, 2014, 10:03 PM

Defensively, I think the key is to stop chunk plays in the air, and don't let Crabby Mikes beat us with his feet. So keep a spy like Wiggins on him. I'm pretty sure FSEAFOODU doesn't have a back like Gurley.

Offensively, we know Dabo has said Stoudt is the starter and gives us the best chance to win. I call BC. He will start him, but Deshaun will play. I think what is equally important is if Dabo will say screw loyalty and use Gallman and Choice as the main RBs. Man, I wish we had a healthy Dye for this game. Having Beasley on the OL will help and if Crowder is truly stepping up maybe our OL can put together 4 quarters of solid football. Can't wait to add to our OL depth with the class coming next year.

Special teams wise we have to have Pinion kick it all the way into the seats. Our last time in Tally, our STs were instrumental in the loss. We completely imploded on special teams. We could really benefit immensely from a big hit and a turnover in FSU territory. On punt returns I know Dabo will use Humphries, but I would love to see Alexander, Hopper, Scott, or Tankersley.

What you guys think?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2014, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: It's time for the Tiger D to put up! ]

What ever helps you sleep better at night princess. A couple of stops by the D in the 4th and the Tigers could have won. 45 pts that's awesome

The UGA D took a close game over

Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 PM

Why can't our D do that.

Sep 10, 2014, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: It's time for the Tiger D to put up! ]

A couple of stops? There were more than a couple of stops by our D. In the 2nd half each stop was followed quickly by a call to do it again. And again. Sorry you clearly know zip about football. 15 yards, 1 first down, 10 minutes TOP by our O in the 2nd half. Bad field position most of the half. These numbers never happen. And you blame the D. Pathetic. D gave up 17 points until they could no longer catch/tackle a talented group of RBs due to straight fatigue in the 4th qtr.

Sep 10, 2014, 10:29 PM

The D did not let us down vs UGA. The Offense left them on the field to get ground to death by the relentless ground game.

were you watching the game?

Sep 10, 2014, 11:25 PM

Defense kept us in that game for the entire 3rd quarter. The offense did NOT move the ball and get the defense off the field for the duration of the 2nd half. We can't expect for the defense to hold a top 5 team scoreless for a half.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: were you watching the game?

Sep 10, 2014, 11:41 PM

Absolutely. The OP complains the D gave up 45 (forgets KR TD). But the 45 is irrelevant. The FG to start the 3rd qtr was all they needed to win the game 24-21. Because our O did nothing. Sorry, can't hang this on the D. Offense has to do SOMETHING.

And you can't credit their D either. We rolled up 276 yards on 50+ plays and scored 21 points in the first half. No DC adjustments at halftime could account for all that completely going bye bye. Our OC just didn't find where to exploit their adjustments. This is why we lost. Again, get back to me if UGA holds ANYONE to the 2nd half output of our O in any half again EVER.

the D will get some stops

Sep 10, 2014, 11:55 PM

It's up to the offense to put up some points when the D does get a stop or eventually they will get broken. We seen it in the FSU game last year and GA this year. The D made stops and the offense did nothing with the ball over and over.

I think when that happens the D feels they must force a big play, start playing risky and forget assignments and over pursue. That is when you see the other team start gashing them with big plays and the score gets out of hand quick.

Re: the D will get some stops

Sep 11, 2014, 8:16 AM

You are right and that's what our D must do to beat FSU. All I'm saying in the OP is that it would be nice to see a game against a team with a pulse where we don't have to score 50 to win. That's all

Re: the D will get some stops

Sep 11, 2014, 8:27 AM

Absolutely agree on that.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic