Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SCAR's Barometer for Success in Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,382

SCAR's Barometer for Success in Football

Jan 3, 2013, 2:44 PM

It just baffles me how great you SCAR fans think you are for beating us the last four years. I'm glad that's your only barometer for success, because you will never win the SEC much less a NC. So enjoy that while you can because it's not going to last long. It's not going to be "fear the thumb" shirt next year, it's going to be "fear the middle finger" shirt.

The fans at Clemson have always looked at THE BIG PICTURE. We look at championships, traditions, sportsmanship and academic excellence in our football program, certainly not our record against you. If you want to brag about streaks and domination just try for once to look at THE BIG PICTURE.

Go ahead and hate on Dabo. We love him and he's going to be around for a long, long time. What you guys have for a HC is a babyish acting curmugeon. He certainly doesn't help his team while acting like a child on the sideline when the crap hits the fan, and he comes off like a T-Total a$$ in his on field interviews. The guy thinks way more of himself than anything else.

Have fun being a #### for life. Things are going to take a dip real soon, and for real long. It would take at least another 50 years of SCAR dominating the series and actually winning some championships to make this Tiger even slightly insecure when comparing our program to yours.

Have a nice day coots! :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

beating SCar used to be a tradition......

Jan 3, 2013, 2:49 PM

we don't look at that anymore.

^^^^^Dabo hater^^^^^^

Jan 3, 2013, 2:57 PM

nm

not a hater.....just not a worshiper***

Jan 3, 2013, 2:59 PM

Re: not a hater.....just not a worshiper***

Jan 3, 2013, 3:37 PM

So what mix of success in the season would please you? It sounds like undefeated, national champions each year.

Would you like:

1) 1-11 every year with a win over SCAR? I think they would be happy with that.

2) Tommy Bowden and his success back?

3) 0-12 each year and coach that's a Mike Ditka type?

WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU HAPPY?

that's a VERY simple question that I've answered MANY times.

Jan 3, 2013, 3:43 PM

11-1, 10-2, 9-3........AND, AND, AND, AND beat South Carolina

basically dabo needs to do what he's doing right now, BUT beat SCar along with it.........not too much to ask

with an ACC Championship thrown in every 3-4 years, but as long as we're at the 10 win mark and we're consistently beating south carolina...........we're golden in my eyes

Re: that's a VERY simple question that I've answered MANY times.

Jan 3, 2013, 3:49 PM

Don't fret. We will beat SC at the same rate we have been for the last 40 years. This year was definitely a big disappointment, but if we get Tajh back and our defense gets better, I'm confident in a win next year in Columbia. Both seem to be likely to happen. We're going to run SOS out of town. Mark my words.

well....like i've said for 4 years...show me dont tell me

Jan 3, 2013, 3:53 PM

i've heard "we're gonna turn it around" every year since the 2009 SCar loss..........and we've done NOTHING but lose by 10+ every year since

Re: well....like i've said for 4 years...show me dont tell me

Jan 3, 2013, 4:19 PM

Gotcha!

Turn it around. It to you is simply beating the coots. It to me is the whole picture, and it is ridiculous for you to act like we will never beat them again. Don't be such a coward and loser.

Its their barometer for success because its all they've got

Jan 3, 2013, 3:05 PM

No conference championships, no BCS Bowl appearances, no nothing.

Steve Spurrier is SCU's version of Tommy Bowden. He has done some good things for the program, but at the end of the day, other than beating their rival, they don't have much to show for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Its their barometer for success because its all they've got

Jan 3, 2013, 3:31 PM

That's one of the greatest analogies I've heard in a while. Steve Spurrier is SCAR's version of Tommy Bowden.

Jan 3, 2013, 4:03 PM

Except that Spurrier is 8-1 the last three years versus Clemson, Florida and Georgia AND knocked off a top-ranked Bama team the only time they played AND finished in top-10 the past two seasons. A little different than Bowden's resume.

And as far as marking your words on a win next year in Columbia...I think I'll hold off since we haven't beaten SC since the Bush Administration. The LSU win was huge but let's face it - we were trailing all game and somehow came up with last second one-point win...That doesn't have me brimming with confidence yet. We take care of UGA then maybe we start to see a trend but for now it's a cautious wait and see.

Jan 3, 2013, 4:15 PM

1) Georgia has been good not great the past 2 years, and they were down right bad in 2010.
2) FL was 7-6 and 8-5 in the last two seasons you beat them and you got housed by them this year. I say "you" because you're obviously a poor coot.
3) That "top ranked" Alabama win you talk about was in a season Alabama lost 3 games and finished around 10th. Alabama easily beat them the year before that.
4) In the end top 10 rankings aren't what goes on display on stadium facades and the like. CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE! :)

Look a little deeper man instead of talking from your buttocks.

again...coot obsession

Jan 3, 2013, 3:43 PM

They will never win the SEC....glad we are not in the SEC because we can't beat them. If you belittle them after they beat us...what does that say about us? Enough about the coots.....

Re: again...coot obsession

Jan 3, 2013, 3:52 PM

I'm not at all obsessed with the coots. I'm 36 years old, have lived in Columbia for 95% of my life, and started attending games in 1983. It would take a lot more for me to feel inferior to or obsessed with the coots. I guess you didn't read the entire post.

UGA can't beat them either and they still win the east***

Jan 3, 2013, 3:56 PM [ in reply to again...coot obsession ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SCAR's Barometer for Success in Football

Jan 3, 2013, 4:10 PM

Considering the way we've played against them the last four years, I doubt very many gamecocks are actually Dabo haters? How bout saving this post until after we actually beat them, OK?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,382
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic