Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hear it all day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

I hear it all day

Nov 9, 2018, 7:42 AM

listening to local radio here in cootlumbia. “If Clemson played an SEC schedule their record would be average and they would not make the CFP.”

WHAT THE COOTS ARE NOT TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION:

If we were in the SEC we would be getting more money from TV contracts and other SEC money streams.

It’s hard to imagine, but theoretically our recruiting would be better due to the “lure” of playing in the SEC.

Our out of conference schedule would be easier. Heck most years now we play two SEC teams (yes I know one of them doesn’t really measure up to SEC caliber).

It’s really hard to wrap your head around what kind of team Clemson would have with Dabo in charge of a team more money for facilities, etc. and the recruiting advantage of being in the SEC. The coots better be thankful we are were we are because the beat downs they get would be much worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear it all day

Nov 9, 2018, 8:02 AM

Shrug. Not worried about the SEC. The SEC reputation would likely hurt Clemson's good name. We expect our players not have a parole officer. Gasp, not everything is football but if you are going to do something, do it right.

We are what 8-2 in our last 10 games against the SEC? Our only two loses are to Bama in the Title Game/Playoff? So if you take an weak/average "SEC" team like SCAR, we are 4-0. Take a above average SEC team like A&M and Auburn, we are 3-0, and we are 1-2 against Bama. So we are 8-2 against the upper half of the SEC without having to play the UT, Vandies, Mizz, Arkys, etc. Oh, and unlike everyone else, we do beat Bama when it mattered?

Most SEC folks forget we ploy our way through the SEC to get to our trophies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear it all day

Nov 9, 2018, 8:08 AM

If CLEMSON played in the SEC Least, we could play our 2's, 3's, 4's and the waterboy each game for 2-3 quarters and still win the SEC Least.

SEC Least is de DEBIL!

Nov 9, 2018, 10:40 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only that, we could recruit all those players

Nov 9, 2018, 8:55 AM

that can't read or write.

It's the same logic as joining AAA and thinking you're

Nov 9, 2018, 9:00 AM

a NASCAR driver. Their conference affiliation is really all they have. To try and reason with them is futile.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic