Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Beast from the Northeast: Wilkins a revelation at defensive end
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: The Beast from the Northeast: Wilkins a revelation at defensive end

Apr 1, 2016, 8:09 AM

The Beast from the Northeast: Wilkins a revelation at defensive end

One observer called him a freak. One said his moves were ridiculous. Even head coach Dabo Swinney just shook his head and smiled when asked about Christian Wilkins earning snaps at defensive end. The Beast from the Northeast looks like he’s ready to contribute at two spots. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder what that could do for his draft stock in a couple

Apr 1, 2016, 8:34 AM

years. Wilkins is a beast and could easily be the #1 DT in the draft when he leaves, but DT's haven't warranted top 10 picks recently. Only 1 DT has gone in the top 10 the last 5 drafts and that was Marcell Darius in 2011 coming out of Bama with a ton of hype and getting selected 3rd by the Bills. The top DTs the last 4 years have gone 12th, 13th, 13th, and 12th.

It's a different story for guys that can play DE and rush the passer though. I still can't imagine him switching positions permanently because he's built much more like a DT, but i guess I'll have to see him in action this year before passing judgement.

Looked it up and you are correct..

Apr 1, 2016, 9:29 AM

DT's usually start going around the 12th pick or so, but outside the top 10. The last DT in the top 10 was Marcel Darius with the 3rd pick in 2011. I found that a little surprising.

Re: I wonder what that could do for his draft stock in a couple

Apr 1, 2016, 10:21 AM [ in reply to I wonder what that could do for his draft stock in a couple ]

Will put him on the radar of a lot of teams that run 3-4 defenses

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plenty of big-time talent in NJ/NY/CT Dabo...come get em !

Apr 1, 2016, 8:56 AM

And please plus a home and home with Rutgers on the future schedule

Can he play CB? TIA***

Apr 1, 2016, 9:36 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you would have told me 10 years ago that we would be

Apr 1, 2016, 9:37 AM

moving a 300+ fleet footed DT to D End b/c we are loaded at DT, I would've laughed in your face. You 20 something's breathe deep and take all this in, b/c this not the norm. Hopefully, it stays this strong.

It's the new normal.

Apr 1, 2016, 10:21 AM

Dabo has built one hell of a program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

If he is at one end

Apr 1, 2016, 10:32 AM

And you have some combo of Watkins, Pagano, Lawrence, Huggins and who ever ends up as the other end, my question is this. Who in the heck is going to run on us? Seriously, that could be the best D-Line combo I have seen since the USC days when Ed Orgeron was the D Line coach, or when he was also a D Line coach for the canes. Any one else recall what those teams had in common?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Beast from the Northeast: Wilkins a revelation at defensive end

Apr 1, 2016, 11:09 AM

Big Man giving Cook "da business"

So looking forward to watching him play this year. Already s beast

Apr 1, 2016, 11:14 AM

And the game should slow down for him. I'm planning on making the trip to Auburn this year and hope to see him ruffling a few war eagle feathers as we show them who the Real Tigers are! September should get here sooner . . .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So looking forward to watching him play this year. Already s beast

Apr 1, 2016, 2:17 PM

Really amazing if he can pull it off. Must be one heck of an athlete. Usually expect to see this sort of versatility from the skilled guys, not defensive linemen. I think the d-line will be superb this year. Can't wait to see what Kelly adds to the mix. And big Dexter should be a sight to behold, clogging up the middle. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!(Clemson, of course)

All eyes on the defensive ends for the spring game

Apr 1, 2016, 3:18 PM

Having Wilkins available at DE could be the difference in playoff or no playoff this season. With that said, I'm anxious to see Ferrell and Yeargin during the spring game. If Yeargin and Bryant have taken a step forward and Ferrell is as talented as the coaches say, this could offset some concerns in the secondary and give Clemson another shot at a top 10 defense.

Just wait for the national media to have Clemson taking a step back after a passing look at the depth chart/departures and surprised again when Venables pulls out another top 10 D.

With those good hands I hope to see him atTIGHT end some too***

Apr 1, 2016, 4:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Is there a scheme where you could put 5 D-Linement

Apr 2, 2016, 6:32 AM

on the field at the same time? Would that be an effective strategy against GT?

Would you sacrifice a LB and run a nickle package behind it? Just thinking ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic