Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are the odds Trump does not seek re-election in 2020?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

What are the odds Trump does not seek re-election in 2020?

Nov 9, 2018, 11:15 AM

I say there is a 40-50 percent chance he does not run again. At this point the Democrats don't really have a strong frontrunner, and the main theme they all seem to be campaigning on is "Oppose Trump", "Trump is bad", etc.... Trump could possibly win in 2020, but that would likely hand the 2024 election to the Democrats, and it would assuredly give them time to find their next Obama-esque front-runner.

There is a good chance Trump is positioning Nikki Haley to run for president in 2020. Haley should be able to defeat any of the likely candidates the Democrats have on their current short-list; and she has an 8-year-president type of personality who will do a much better job of unifying the country than Trump has been able to do. (It appears Trump honestly wants to unify the country, but is unable to because his personality, ego, and stereotypical 1970s 'New Yorker' mouth keep getting in the way.)

If Nikki Haley replaces Trump on the ballot, what would the Democrats' message be?
She is racist? - Doubtful, she is Indian-American.
She is anti-immigration? - Doubtful, her parents are immigrants.
She is anti-women? - They will probably try this one...
She is pro Trump? - This might be their only platform - however irrelevant it will be once Trump steps aside

The businessman in Trump has to seriously be considering the odds that Haley could win the primary and presidency, and how good it would be for the US economy to possibly have a pro-business president who is also a Washington outsider in office for 8 years...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

0%. Trump will seek reelection and get it***

Nov 9, 2018, 11:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Same odds they gave him in 2016.***

Nov 9, 2018, 11:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think FBcoach is giving him pretty good odds

Nov 9, 2018, 11:33 AM

sounds like 100% odds to win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shuuu...it's Friday and Tiggy is on a roll.***

Nov 9, 2018, 1:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nov 9, 2018, 11:32 AM

you think Trump has a strategy beyond enjoying the boners he gets at his rallies?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish, but it won't happen***

Nov 9, 2018, 11:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he will not seek re-election...

Nov 9, 2018, 12:08 PM

If things go south and he does not think he will win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure how you'd define "going south" for him

Nov 9, 2018, 1:11 PM

Things have looked pretty far south for his political ambitions during his whole political career.

A better question is will he shut the hail up whenever he

Nov 9, 2018, 1:22 PM

does leave office?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will run.

Nov 9, 2018, 1:43 PM

If he has any sense he'll take Ivanka as a running mate and resign after the inauguration. That way he can return to running his empire and playing golf.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was doing all that before becoming president.

Nov 9, 2018, 1:45 PM

I'm still not sure why he did it.

He had it made before being president. Rich, model wife, and aside from that (stupid) reality TV show, was relatively out of the spotlight.

Anyone who is rich and WANTS to be famous, I just can't understand.

I believe the closer to death we get the more...

Nov 9, 2018, 1:56 PM

we strive to set things right. I'm just saying in Trump's mind institution of the kind of conditions he likes in business is his goal in becoming POTUS.

He's set the business world ablaze, fueling our businesses and weakening foreign business so we could start competing with them again. As far as Trump is concerned the dollar is god and he intends to make sure his children are always united with god.

Was it for the money? You're dammmmed right but in his mind it a moral issue not one of greed. He's rich because he's good and god blessed Trump with his greeness because Trump has always served his god.

It's really pretty common among the wealthy and those who have enough wealth to look down on others who don't. You've never been snubbed until you're snubbed by the members at The Breakers in Palm Beach.

You may have dipped over the edge a bit***

Nov 9, 2018, 1:58 PM

That doesn't prove you're exceptionally perceptive.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:14 PM

I dipped over the edge decades ago and you just now noticed it.

I just meant with Trump.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:19 PM

He is who he is..and not much of it is good.

DC is full of people just like Trump.

Nov 9, 2018, 3:00 PM

Most of them haven't the balls to go out and cheat an industry in the good old fashioned American way like Trump did. They steal power from the voters selling them lies then never produce the product they promise....no they are just like Trump.

Shake em all up in a sock and whichever comes out first is as bad or as good as those left in the sock.

No other gods before me

Nov 9, 2018, 2:59 PM [ in reply to I believe the closer to death we get the more... ]

Thought the bible was pretty clear on that one

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's spelled N-A-R-C-I-S-S-I-S-T***

Nov 9, 2018, 3:03 PM [ in reply to He was doing all that before becoming president. ]

Even if he doesn't want the presidency any more

Nov 9, 2018, 2:54 PM

Trump will still run and likely win. Get's so much satisfaction from proving people wrong and winning.

Trump is a tried and true narcissist.***

Nov 9, 2018, 3:01 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic