Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big Bad Bama tried to intimidate a team and QB that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Big Bad Bama tried to intimidate a team and QB that

Jan 21, 2017, 10:36 AM

would not be intimidated. Their tactic was to rough Watson up at the first of the game, even if it got them a couple of 15-yarders it would be worth it in the long run. It would get him rattled, not wanting to be out there, scared, etc. But it didn't work. Watson and the offense just hung in there and once they got going they just kept coming back and coming back at Bama. We wore them down. I remember how teams like Bama used to like to say they just pounded and pounded and then their depth just wore a team down, proving they were the better team. Well, we just kept going at Bama and going at them offensively and wore Bama down! And don't forget our defense. Without all of those 3rd down failures by Bama, caused by our defense, our offense doesn't get the chance to wear them down.

How bad did they beat the SEC's 2nd and 3rd best, Florida and Auburn?

Alabama 54 Florida 16
Alabama 30 Auburn 12

Wow!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big Bad Bama tried to intimidate a team and QB that

Jan 21, 2017, 10:41 AM

First quarter was just filled with cheap shots and piling on. I was embarrassed for Bama the way they played. very undisciplined

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was clear they knew they were the inferior team from the

Jan 21, 2017, 11:13 AM

get go and needed to take cheap shots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 22, 2017, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Big Bad Bama tried to intimidate a team and QB that ]

Now you're going to tell us that Saban, your buddy, didn't encourage them to take those cheap shots. Wake up and smell the coaches! Saban was, ics and always will be a classless piece of crap>

Jan 21, 2017, 10:44 AM

Thats a good post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama SCARED, INTIMIDATED & MINDFUL of TiGERS Power!

Jan 21, 2017, 10:54 AM

And it was shameful that Saban would allow such dirty tactics!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2017, 10:58 AM

I've thought about this often as I had a lady at work laugh when I said Clemson would beat Bama. She said they just impose their will on everybody. Then the game comes and we took their best shot in the first half and imposed our will on them to the tune of 500 yards.

Almost worked but Deshaun & Tigers would not quit!

Jan 21, 2017, 11:00 AM

You make a great point on "experts" stating Bammer would wear every team out with their depth - and yet our Tigers wore out Bammer Defense! Well played Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did you expect from a former FSU DC.***

Jan 21, 2017, 11:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What did you expect from a former FSU DC.***

Jan 22, 2017, 2:13 PM

The only way they win is to knock Deshaun out of the game which is exactly what it appeared they were trying to do early in the game. I thought he had a concussion early in the 1st as his throws after that head shot were way off which you rarely see from him.

It looked like 4&7 had bounties on them in the 1Q no exaggerating.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eff Alabama

Jan 21, 2017, 11:37 AM

and The Coots

56-7

35-31

STATE CHAMPS

NATIONAL CHAMPS

GO TIGERS!!!

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Yeah. Imma give you 1 for that.***

Jan 21, 2017, 12:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

We are two state champs, Alabama and SC***

Jan 22, 2017, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Eff Alabama ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are two state champs, Alabama and SC***

Jan 22, 2017, 2:15 PM

Yes...You Are Correct

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Jan 21, 2017, 11:44 AM

The game started about like every game I have watched Bama play this year.
The Tide would do just enough on O in the first half and the D would give up nothing.
But it didn't end like all the other games with Bama winning by 3 TDs because they wore the other team down .
You see they got use to playing soft SEC teams and CLEMSON had them just were they wanted them.

It's somewhat remarkable that it was ultimately

Jan 21, 2017, 12:12 PM

'Bama's "greatest defense in the history of college football" that cost them the game. Some on TIgernet were criticizing the Tigers during the game for not having Williams, Cain, and Scott on the field at the same time, and yet it was because those players were alternated and remained fresh that Alabama's defensive backfield was completely worn down after almost 100 plays.

I should probably refrain from commenting on a group of Tnet posters who heavily and constantly criticized Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott's play calling almost the entire season long.......The fact that Clemson's co-offensive coordinators are, after 2 seasons, 28-2 with 2 ACC Championships, an NC runner-up, and this year's National Championship truly speaks for itself.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As good as Morris was, they are WAY better. They stick

Jan 21, 2017, 4:58 PM

to the game plan and don't get frustrated.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Dabo's vision amazes me

Jan 21, 2017, 12:35 PM

I think Dabo knew that if Clemson made it back to the CFP this year, that we would be facing Bama in a rematch. It think he coached the team all year in a manner that would prepare them for this rematch. In some of our ugly wins, the fans and media were questioning, why isn't DW rushing the ball more? During critical situations when games were still on the line, we sometimes saw 2's and an occasional 3 on the field. We kept winning close games and weren't winning any style points with the media pundits, but Dabo had a much bigger plan. He knew to beat Bama, we needed a healthy DW with fresh legs at the end of the season. He also knew that we would need extreme depth to weather Bama's best shot and the have the needed personnel to wear them down. It would have been easy to only play our 1's in those close games and win by 3 or 4 scores just to satisfy the media and fans who were questioning Clemson's metal, but Dabo had a much bigger plan in mind. We are very fortunate to have him as our coach.

Re: College football's

Jan 21, 2017, 3:01 PM
Rope a dope.jpg(108.1 K)

rope a dope

Jan 22, 2017, 2:09 PM

They tried what they did I think it was 2007!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2017, 5:38 PM

2008 #24 Alabama vs #9 Clemson

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic