Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trying to decide whether to let my IPTAY go or sell tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Trying to decide whether to let my IPTAY go or sell tickets

Feb 11, 2020, 7:34 PM

After 21 years I have to make a decision whether to continue my IPTAY membership. My husband passed in September and I sold our tickets and parking pass last year. Moved to Louisiana in November (will die a Clemson Tiger fan) and went to the Natty. Had an offer from a ticket broker to buy tickets, parking pass and pay IPTAY dues. North Stands, Section R, 4 tickets. So opinions? Should I sell to ticket broker or just let them go?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trying to decide whether to let my IPTAY go or sell tickets

Feb 11, 2020, 7:39 PM

Don't get in a hurry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2020, 7:43 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

Do you see ever going to a home game again?

Feb 11, 2020, 8:13 PM

first, I'm sorry for your loss. My mother went through the same decision process.

how much trouble do want to go through to sell these tix?

do you know anybody that would want them? Seat neighbors?

how critical is the money issue for the total cost of these tix?

Would you use eligibility for post season tix? Like Natty tix?

People will buy them while you keep control and ownership, and for more than a broker, but for maybe more trouble.

And how much you're interested in continued support of our football program and IPTAY matters.

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your dilemma strikes a chord all too close to home . . .

Feb 11, 2020, 8:18 PM

I too am sorry for your loss and I trust you'll find contentment in Louisiana.

We all, one day, will have to face the same decision . . . be it due to health or finances or even a move . . . In any case it will be a major change in what we hold dear . . .

The best advice I can give is unless you are 100% sure of the direction you choose . . . then please don't follow through with it . . . there is no shame or disgrace in saying, "I need more time . . . I'm not ready."

I'm sure you'll have no problems selling your tickets game by game . . . Please keep the door open to come home occasionally and enjoy the memories . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let Amy buy the tickets

Feb 11, 2020, 9:19 PM

If you have a lot of priority points, make sure to order away game tickets for Notre Dame. You could make good money selling those.

Sorry to hear about your husband passing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Let Amy buy the tickets

Feb 12, 2020, 5:06 AM

Let's not suggest profiting on tickets that are meant for our fans to use... Seriously, the OP obviously cares about Clemson and the ownership of the tickets is sentimental, this is wrong on so many levels. I wish they'd make Iptay request tickets ID will call tickets, even suggesting that is nuts...

Feb 11, 2020, 10:06 PM

So sorry to hear of your loss. It is a tough decision, and only you can decide what is right for you.

I do have one bit of caution should you decide to let a "broker" pay your Iptay and buy your tickets. A broker will sell to anyone! Should that broker sell to someone that creates a problem, your name is still on those seats and on the Iptay account. It is you that will have to answer to to Iptay for that problem, not the broker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s simple really

Feb 11, 2020, 11:13 PM

What will you gain in keeping them? Do you plan on coming back? Do you have children or family that would use them? Grandkids who might attend Clemson or live near by and desire your seats and parking? If there’s nothing in it for you or your legacy, then simply let go of them. Don’t pay the dues and allow someone who needs those seats to purchase them through the proper channels.

Since being diagnosed with cancer I’ve sold my seats and parking for the last two years. I was lucky enough to find a buyer who wants them every year as long as I’m willing to sell them. I make exactly $2150 from that deal each year. That will never change my tax bracket, but I have young kids who one day will appreciate the fact I kept ownership. Plus, we plan on returning to games once my health is back to 100%.

In short, do what makes sense to you.

And I’m am so sorry for your loss. God bless you.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Feb 12, 2020, 5:31 AM

As a long distance Clemson alumn, I appreciate being able to attend a couple home games each year by buying tickets from Clemson fans via TigerTickets here on TNet. I think that’s a viable option for you but as others have posted, that may be something you don’t care to deal with at this point.

Sorry for your loss.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic