Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sadly, Tigers got what they deserved Friday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

New Story: Sadly, Tigers got what they deserved Friday

Oct 14, 2017, 5:01 PM

Sadly, Tigers got what they deserved Friday

Clemson’s players spent a lot of time this past week talking about their upcoming off week and how much they were looking forward to it. Well, it’s not going to be nearly as enjoyable as they expected. Photo by Rich Barnes / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Sadly, Tigers got what they deserved Friday

Oct 14, 2017, 5:04 PM

Yep.

Oct 14, 2017, 5:34 PM

Not many times that I have ever agreed on everything that Shirley has had to say, but I do this time, and he was being kind I think. Dabo, his coaches and the team should be feeling the worst embarrassment they have ever had bc everything about our Tigers was done as pisss poor as it could have been last night. I swear I believe that our 3d string player would have done a much better job, and especially our offense with Hunter as our QB, I believe that Hunter would have scored enough to win the game with our 3d string. And not going to leave without saying what I have said many times since Chad left, and that is I believe that Elliot is a below average play caller, and it has been bc of above average elite players that has bailed him since he became our play caller from up top in the booth. I do believe that Jeff Scott could do a better job from the side lines the way most coaches do with the information they receive from the booth....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 11:59 AM

I agree with these comments! All the Tiger fans at the game against Wake Forest and all those watching across the nation, saw how affective Hunter Johnson was when he came into the game. Even the coaches praised him for recognizing the defenses and making the correct audible. Cooper couldnt get a pass to the receivers against Wake and during big moments against Syracuse overthrew the receivers, never giving them a chance. Where was Hunter Johnson? And BTW, only 12 carries between T-N-T? I feel the effectiveness of the O Line's strength and ability to wear down the D Front was not utilized. I don't believe Syracuse is even competively 2 deep is some D Line positions. Sadly, these are my thoughts and observations. I know the Tiger players and coaches can learn from this and turn this lack luster performance into a positive. GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 5:06 PM

It looked like the Tigers decided to take the week off early. So they have had their week off. Get back to work.

Nailed it.

Oct 14, 2017, 5:11 PM

Defense played terrible.
Offense played terrible.
Special teams were a joke.
....and coaching was atrocious.

I'm no Monday Morning QB but the only people that see or think otherwise are either dense or didn't watch the game. A loss I can handle; caving to one of the worst teams in the conference, starting an injured QB and NEVER playing the freaking #1 QB out of HS to make way for Zerrick Cooper (who showed that he has no business playing on a D1 team...like....any of them) is inexcusable.

This was terrible, all around. I still love Dabo but he could stand to take a few laps with the rest of this team for that poor showing.

Re: Nailed it.

Oct 14, 2017, 5:18 PM

Ankle injuries do not heal in two weeks completely so they better spend some of this time finding a qb to play especially if you are going to run him more than the running backs. We also need to find a kicker.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our defense looked liked they never played 4 quarters

Oct 14, 2017, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Nailed it. ]

I wonder why

Oct 14, 2017, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Nailed it. ]

KB should have been yanked the second he couldn't get to the edge on that 2nd and 1 in the 1st qtr. That play told everyone that he was no threat to run. After that it took the coaches until he was lying motionless on the ground to get him out. Then, they put the wrong qb in and defend the indefensable after the game

So, yes, I concur, love everything about Dabo (inclusing the class of going into the locker room), but he gets an F for last night

Oct 14, 2017, 9:00 PM

Yes! Last night graded out an F for the coaching staff, on O and D, and Special Teams, too, IMO. I want us to really soul search and get this thing fixed, QUICKLY!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a TNetter posted this it would have many TDs even though

Oct 14, 2017, 5:17 PM

it's 100% accurate.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Very true.***

Oct 14, 2017, 5:24 PM

Re: If a TNetter posted this it would have many TDs even though

Oct 14, 2017, 10:59 PM [ in reply to If a TNetter posted this it would have many TDs even though ]

There was a coward on here giving TDs to every post that wasn't sucking A$S. That Proves that the only thing they understand about our team and FB, is what somebody told them bc, they didn't understand a thing of what they were looking at if they didn't see what the majority of Tiger Nation saw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 5:20 PM

I call BS on the players talking about how much they were looking forward to the off week. They were prompted those very questions by the reporters earlier this week. Ex "are you looking forward to the bye week after Syracuse"?? They did not offer that up voluntarily as some sign they were looking ahead.

Reality, is, that's BS to put that on the players. Complete garbage.

If anyone was looking forward to a week off, it was the coaches. Obviously (and I agree with the rest of the article) the team was ready for the game. The Defense was lining up late, never could get called into the right play, missed assignments, play calling on offense was suspect, and the decision to play KB when he was OBVIOUSLY not ready (when we were lied to all week saying he was) was the real problem.

With the exception of a few stupid penalties, do not blame the players on Friday night. This all on the coaches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 9:25 PM

I played for a long time growing up, and 4 years at Clemson, and I never saw a coach make a play for us, now miss one, nor make a mistake on an assignment. I never saw one make a block, nor a tackle, nor complete a pass, nor have an incompletion on any stats during those 4 years. Wow! I must have missed something. While our coaches made plenty of bad decisions on Friday and in preparing the team for the game, it still is the Jimmies and Joes that are expected to make the plays. There is plenty of blame to pass around, all share in it, players and coaches. JMHO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With a limit QB but veteran OL, game plan simply should be run the ball

Oct 14, 2017, 5:22 PM

That's when you put it in the hands of OL and RBs. We didn't even think of doing that.

Lessons learned now turn page and move on.

Oct 14, 2017, 5:26 PM

Bryant is not Watson 2.0, Cooper is definitely not Watson 3.0. Johnson is his own guy, his own style and I GUARANTEE he hits those long balls the Cooper airmailed. OC's and Streeter need to pull the blinders off and get a solid game plan together.

Stating the obvious, but it needed to be said.***

Oct 14, 2017, 5:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 14, 2017, 5:40 PM

On target Daniel. To those that assess blame only to coaches, you are wrong. Coaches get the players ready true, but they don't throw the ball, catch the ball, make penalties (which really hurt us), miss tackles and blocks, or miss field goals.

It may hurt, but our players know they were also at fault. Nuff said. FiX the problems and get ready for the next game. Tigers still where we can win the ACC and more. All In.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 5:48 PM

Friday the Thirteenth, Halloween, Snowman, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Dracula. All of these can't describe the horror show performed by us last night!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. OC's are growing up at $1M per year.

Oct 14, 2017, 5:50 PM

NO DW to bail the coaches out this year - Tough loss.

For what it's worth...

Oct 14, 2017, 5:56 PM

I had been saying all week, what's going happen when the defense has a bad day

Re: For what it's worth...

Oct 14, 2017, 8:11 PM

The same thing that happened last year when they had two bad day... One against NC State and one against Pitt... Watson didn't bail us out of either; the State kicker did when we couldn't stop their offense from moving the ball inside our 10 at home... And the defense looked almost identical last night as they did against Pitt, didn't stop them from getting in field goal range then and couldn't stop them last night when we needed the ball back. Above all, we still had a chance to win if we had a kicker that could hit chip shots...6 points left on the field with chances to take the lead, which could have finally changed momentum and placed pressure on the other team. Watson was great, but he had some bad games with untimely interceptions that the defense was able to help us recover from. The defense was the biggest shock last night because we scored 24 points that should have been 30, and would have scored in the 40s or 50s if the defense could have reduced their time of possession (they had more than is), which also didn't help our offense with rhythm while they had long periods on the bench. On another note, we should have ran Feaster at least 20-25 times...I don't understand why we don't feed him like we did Gallman the previous two years with Travis as the reliever, Feaster doesn't get the chance to punish defenses and get into that zone that good running backs get in with more carries... Really tired of the co-coordinators role... Pick one.

Oct 14, 2017, 11:30 PM

Couldn't agree more I want more balance with our rushes we really didn't play well last season it was a messy College Championship and we played like a Big 12 pass happy team all year last year. We didn't run Watson nearly as much as we should have let alone run Gallman. I mean that guy was a vicious hitter with one of the lowest fumble percentages in FBS. Just look at the they're doing in the NFL now. I really don't like the play calling on offense. We need more balance with the run game like we did every year from around 2008-15
Rip CHad Morris

Oct 15, 2017, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: For what it's worth... ]

Just my take...

The Article says it all, we got what we deserved.
Outside of the Louisville, this offense hasn't played well. Pretty much
every game, we score just enough for the defense to settle in and carry
us through the remainder of the game. I knew that would come back to bite
us. What's going happen when the defense has a bad day? We're going lose,
that's whats going happen....and it did.

Dabo has always preached competition and playing the best players, but at
QB...that didn't happen. Least not Friday night.

Article hit the nail on the head

Oct 14, 2017, 6:05 PM

Now let's hope the players & coaches get their minds right & finish out strong b/c the margin of error is 0. Every game is a must win now

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its sad I got crucified for releasing a story like this but

Oct 14, 2017, 6:08 PM

in more detail. I went further with my article and dove deeper into the questionable calls and the major issues. Was I angry when I wrote the article, yes. We as fans deserve better. However, after reading the comments (sent to my boss nonetheless) from fellow Tnet members and supposed Clemson fans, I am even more angry.

What I wrote in my article may have been harsh. It may have been to the point and direct. It may have questioned every aspect of the game plan but I was not wrong. This article released by Tnet was just a bit more subtle and gentle.

I am going catch even more hell for responding to these but before I do, I want all you punks who blasted me to read what I have previously published before deciding whether or not to crucify me.

This was my intro article to the website and I took the shot at cowterd before anyone.
http://clockdodgers.com/cfb-guide-chaos-fraudulent-football/

This was my Clemson preview for the 2017 Season
http://clockdodgers.com/cfb-guide-acc-atlantic-preview/2/

I went after Kirk too!
http://clockdodgers.com/give-me-a-break-kirk-herbstreit/

Then I went to bat for Clemson when no other media outlet would besides Tnet and other Clemson affiliated sites.
http://clockdodgers.com/guide-chaos-domination-humiliation/

But you crucify me because you don't like my tone that I took in this one.
http://clockdodgers.com/clemson-tigers-embarrassed/

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Seriously. At Clemson we are all family and whats said in the locker room, stays there. If you don't agree with someone, thats fine, you don't have too. The comments on the message board, no problem. But for my boss to receive hate mail from Tigers who are spineless cowards, that is unacceptable.

This was a notification I got about an individual who I will not call out personally because its not what I do but just an example of the hate.

You're quote above. I'm glad because I'm feeling dickish this morning and decided to post this thread to the site owners of clockdodgers.com. I'm sure they enjoy a blogger who trashes potential traffic.
Goodbye dirtpecker.

GO TIGERS!!!!

If Tnet has a problem with me posting on message board my articles that pertain to Clemson Football, they will let me know.

It was ME!

Oct 14, 2017, 6:19 PM

No shame on my end, son! You came here wanting traffic to a blog, then proceeded to insult the members you wanted to go read your drivel! As one TNET member said post your thoughts, then a link and let us decide instead of blindly giving you traffic. Had you not took upon yourself to take hits at Tnetters I would not have been so inclined to do just as I said I would.Man of my word.
BTW your links above are the exact same ##### links you've been doing.No traffic for you.

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: It was ME!

Oct 14, 2017, 6:27 PM

Yea, I took a shot at a guy with no opinion other than, I didnt and wont open the article. If he was the kind of person that wont read criticism about his team from anyone other than Tnet and wants to comment something stupid, sure I told him I didnt care if he read anything from the website. Why don't you check the other responses I had with fellow tnetters, matter of fact I even apologized to a guy that I thought I may have offended. But what you did was uncalled for. Maybe my words to that one individual might have been a bit harsh, but seriously? If you can say as a man that you are okay with your actions that we will leave it at that. But I never once attacked anyone and that comment was directed specifically at that individual.

Re: Its sad I got crucified for releasing a story like this but

Oct 14, 2017, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Its sad I got crucified for releasing a story like this but ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its sad I got crucified for releasing a story like this but

Oct 14, 2017, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Its sad I got crucified for releasing a story like this but ]

You are WRONG about at least one sniping shot you took at Dabo in your article. If you listen to the interviews, Dabo dot NOT call the fake punt. It is a rugby kick with an option for the punter to throw a pass ONLY IF IT IS WIDE OPEN. The kid made a bad read. Dabo took the high road as usual and accepted responsibility for putting a young freshman punter in that situation but he did not call a fake punt as you accused him of in your article. So in this case you ARE WRONG.

GO TIGERS!!! ALL IN!!!!

Pretty fair writeup IMHO... But you got the fake punt wrong

Oct 14, 2017, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Its sad I got crucified for releasing a story like this but ]

Also, I didn't get the love comment. Not sure why you were crucified by some.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put the HJ talk aside

Oct 14, 2017, 8:23 PM

As confident as the coach (apparently) were, they should have started Cooper from our first snap. Let him warm up through the first quarter and own the game.

Defense:

BV gets an F here. He got his #### handed to him coaching and showed his Achilles heel! Maybe he has too much tunnel vision in preparation. Pitt took advantage of that, he was prepared for one game and got thrown when another style showed up!

Overall:
Dabo is having a blast in Tuscaloosa and paving the way for his golden years coaching job. We'll be in his rear view mirror one day.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 14, 2017, 9:07 PM

Hard to remember being this frustrated. Last year against Pitt was bad, but Pitt's winning score was due to 2 TERRIBLE calls that *gave* them 3rd down conversions. Based on how this game felt, it's hard to believe that it was only a 3 point win for Syracuse - it felt MUCH worse. Talent disparity, I suppose.

It was obvious almost from the start the KB needed to be out of the game. Just checked the video of the game. After handing off in the 2nd series - THE SECOND SERIES - he was limping visibly, and it got progressively, quickly, worse. Leaving him in was just dumb.

The article was accurate. I'm so disappointed in the coaching staff. Given how quickly KB was showing the effects of his injury, it's nearly impossible for me to believe they didn't know beforehand. But to leave him in that long - that's neglect, at best.

Re: Additional

Oct 14, 2017, 9:31 PM

takes on the loss is the running game is difficult to establish as the offensive line is too inconsistent plus they act as if they don't know how to pass block or pick up a blitz. This unit was to be THE strong point of the team and sadly they don't know how to impose their will on anyone ( YET ). As far as Bryant is concerned the first time he scrambled his limp was so noticeable that the Syracuse defense was like sharks in the water after blood. I don't believe this team knows their identity, they think they are good but they don't know how impose fear on another team. What is the identity of this team? The opportunity is to be legendary. We will see.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:18 PM

Bravo on article now phrase into questions during press conference to coaches.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:21 PM

Superbly written! I would add that Streeter totally whiffed on the QB selection! Wakestats: Coopr 2/6 Johnson 5/5. Syr game 2nd half QB play: inaccurate throws, sacked, ineffective running. Without circus catches by Renfrow et al. the completion rate was unacceptable

Finebaum the bum

Oct 14, 2017, 11:22 PM

Look tough loss. I can't say I agreed with Brent Venables idea to play Ryan Carter at nickel pretty much the entire game and put Mullen on their best receiver Ismael. While Carter is decent at nickel Mullen got busted for like 2 PI's and a bunch of blown coverage. The reason I am so mad about this is because we didn't respect Syracuse's run game at all! Tre Lamar where the hell was he? He barely got ny snaps and we put Joseph at middle Linebacker. While Joseph has better instincts. Tre Lamar is a 250 pound run stopper that stuffs the line of scrimmage. Also by putting Carter who's pretty good in drop coverage unlike Mullen at corner. We could move O'daniel to double up on Ismael if need be in coverage. I mean O'DANIEL IS AN ALL AMERICAN AT THIS POINT! Just terrible calling by Venables on this one. But, I still have respect for what you have done at will continue to do which is improve and execute.

And then all of a sudden I hear Finebaum or however the heck you call this SEC kissass saying we're Clemsoning again. saying Alabama is good because they beat Florida State. Are we seriously not over this? Florida State was ranked number 3 off the premise that their offensive line could actually do something. They clearly didn't and also Alabama had to rely of blocked punts and bs turnovers to win that game. Where as we had to beat out Virginia Tech, Auburn (have you seen how well they've been doing?) and Louisville. Now I get Louisville is on the decline now but a Heisman winner and his team is no joke especially when it's on the road. All we've done is produce and all Alabama has done is basically picked a Washington Schedule with that stinking rat Peterson who just picks easy games so he can get praised to go to the CFP.

ALSO DID ANYBODY NOTICE THE BOOING OF THE SYRACUSE FANS ON OUR INJURIES? You don't boo players on the field ever for being injured and the only times I've seen it happen is when it's chipping down the clock at a crucial point in the game. Our injuries were pretty much in the middle of quarters...

Re: Finebaum the bum

Oct 15, 2017, 4:20 PM

And Carter let Phillips run by him untouched and no one picked him up. Who was supposed to cover him?

I say we call it Finebauming! Like...
LSU - Troy
Auburn - LSU
Tennessee - SC
SC - Kentucky
Alabama - Chad Kelley (2)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum the bum

Oct 15, 2017, 10:57 PM

Aha I like the name couldn't agree more but, yes we need to seriously address the problems with the secondary mostly the corners though.

Oct 15, 2017, 12:14 AM

Mr. Shirley is dead on, and being kind. How one can allow a limping QB to continue when EVERYONE, including the opposing defense, can see he's limping is baffling to me. If Cooper's the guy who excels in practice, fine... put him in as the #2 guy. BUT... when he doesn't excel in an ACTUAL GAME... put in Hunter Johnson!!! The job is to win! Not to blindly hope that everything will work out. HJ has already shown accuracy, power, and finesse with his throws. Protect him, let him sling the ball down field, pound it down the opposing defense's throats with those stud RBs, and let's freaking win!

No idea about the defense.

Go Tigers.

Nice first post +1 I appreciate realism not sunshine pumping***

Oct 15, 2017, 7:58 PM

Ouch, the truth hurts

Oct 15, 2017, 12:26 AM

just sayin'

Article is spot on. What makes the lackluster Tiger effort

Oct 15, 2017, 12:32 AM

more glaring and embarrassing is that it was done by whom - The defending national football champions! The loss last year against Pitt was awful but it was nothing like the disgraceful effort at Syracuse. Given that non-effort, at least three of our remaining opponents must be salivating at the possibilities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 1:50 PM

The lack of run calls reminds me of the '06 Music City bowl in which, against what was literally one of the five or six worst rushing defenses (Kentucky), Spiller and Davis combined for 14 or 15 carries. And of course we lost despite being heavily favored. Even the UK people seated around me couldn't believe it.

I guess if we're going to make that enormous mistake this season, now's the time to do it, with plenty of time to recover.

Oct 15, 2017, 6:58 PM

12 carries between T&T. Amazing!

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic