Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Identity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Identity

Jun 13, 2020, 12:52 AM

Maybe we need to be reminded of this one thing. We all have different backgrounds, experiences, ideologies, faiths, etc, however....

Let us be reminded that we are all human. This is the ultimate identity. While we all may disagree over anything under the sun, we love our Tigers.

Let's be civil, understanding of those who disagree with us. I think must of us fall somewhere in the middle whether it be one side or the other on any issue. The ones who stand to divide and chose a particular tribe aren't the ones to follow.

We are in this thing together folks, tolerance works in all directions. Let's be empathic, tolerant, and not bash those who disagree with us.

I would get all religious here but love one another, it's not hard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So when will tolerance come my way from the other side?

Jun 13, 2020, 1:13 AM

All Ive been told is my past and heritage isnt good enough so its being stripped away. And if I dont like it then Im racist. I missed the part where me met at middle ground on this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So when will tolerance come my way from the other side?

Jun 13, 2020, 1:50 AM

Good question, all voices should be heard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 4:36 AM [ in reply to So when will tolerance come my way from the other side? ]

Just the bad parts are stripped away, let them go.

Jun 13, 2020, 5:48 AM

And you’ll be the judge and jury on that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, Ben Tillman bad. John C Calhoun bad.

Jun 13, 2020, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: So when will tolerance come my way from the other side? ]

Thomas Green Clemson good?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I choose the tribe of Anna Maria Calhoun Clemson, Thomas

Jun 13, 2020, 2:01 AM

Green Clemson, and John Calhoun Clemson. Let us be tolerant of those who gave their fortune to start an institute of higher learning in upstate South Carolina.

Its perspective..

Jun 13, 2020, 2:16 AM

those guys were rich. I doubt you have a single connection to them except for Clemson.

Their views were wrong, slavery was BS and they were on the wrong side of history. You can say "it was the times" and give them a pass but I don't. Slavery was wrong in the bible AS BEING WRONG. That's my guide. Where is your guide?

Tell me I am wrong for condemning Tillman or anyone else who had slaves. Do it! I want you in the open.

Re: Its perspective..

Jun 13, 2020, 2:35 AM

It do seem that you don't have a problem with bashing someone else's beliefs if they're not in line with yours. Don't expect your words to be respected if you're not willing to respect the words of someone else when they're words are different than your own. One man's thoughts and beliefs are usually not the thoughts and beliefs of another's!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure, the Calhoun name has run in my families of

Jun 13, 2020, 2:59 AM [ in reply to Its perspective.. ]

Fairfield & Greenville counties, middle names that is.
All societies had slavery at some point in their past. Some societies have slavery to this day. So England got rid of it bout 30 years before our South. The Northern U.S. had it into the 19th century but you never hear it talked about.
My family willed 721 acres to a black Fairfield family in 1897 and again 135 acres in 1929. And now i hear reparations are on the ticket again. Do i get a discount?

Re: Identity

Jun 13, 2020, 2:17 AM

Too often tolerance becomes demands for acceptance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

expand

Jun 13, 2020, 2:20 AM

maybe I am too stupid to understand what you mean and for that I apologize.

To think someone TD a post like this is a reminder to us all

Jun 13, 2020, 2:33 AM

There dividers are out there and they will not stop. Pray and hope for those souls, together we will overcome.

Totally agree. I may disagree with some on this board

Jun 13, 2020, 6:35 AM

on ideology, but when it's all said and done, we are ALL TIGERS and I would give anyone here the shirt off my back. Tiger Nation is who we are.

Liberals are pretty intolerant of conservatives***

Jun 13, 2020, 6:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Totally agree. The question is, what do you do when others

Jun 13, 2020, 8:58 AM

disagree with that basic idea, and instead tell you that YOU don't matter, who have thrown empathy and tolerence out the window, and are willing to use violence and intimidation to get their way? Because that's where we are right now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic