Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is the bottom line on the basket ball team:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

This is the bottom line on the basket ball team:

Dec 8, 2012, 10:21 PM

Other teams always seem to be able to score quickly and at will. Clemson just throws the ball around...also our guys get barely bumped and we can not hit a shot...

Field goals made-A:
Clemson: 38.5 Arizona 35.5

3 point made- A:
Clemson: 41.7 Arizona 31.3

Free throws Made- A:
Clemson 52.9% (9-17) Arizona 85% (17-20)

Clemson wins in two out of the three and since we lose once again on the stripe which is a "FREE THROW" and LOSE....once again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish Trevor Booker, Tanner Smith and Terrence

Dec 8, 2012, 10:24 PM

Oglesby never graduated...ever.

TO didn't graduate, he flew the coop and went to Europe.***

Dec 8, 2012, 10:25 PM

You get the point...plus how do u know he did not

Dec 8, 2012, 10:30 PM

get his credits and graduate???

Re: You get the point...plus how do u know he did not

Dec 8, 2012, 10:38 PM

Maybe he did, but he left after his sophomore season. I assume he didn't finish.

10 freshmen and sophomores means some growing pains

Dec 8, 2012, 10:26 PM

they've hung with 2 top ten teams for 35 minutes. Have to learn how to close a game

Been hearing excuses for 25 years..always something***

Dec 8, 2012, 10:30 PM

No "excuses"

Dec 8, 2012, 10:35 PM

AZ is just better. They are a top five team most likely. they inked 4 of the top 50 recruits last year. very talented, tall, athletic. last year's #47 player in the country can't even get playing time on AZ's team this year.

we have the least amount of "talent" we will likely have for a long time.

That is not an excuse, it is reality. we don't have the seniors to carry the load this year but we're getting better each game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No "excuses"

Dec 8, 2012, 10:53 PM

I think a young Tiger team did pretty well, at home against a top 10 team. If AZ is really that good and CU is at best a middle of the pack ACC team then we should be encouraged that the Tigers came back from a big deficit to tie and eventually lead before losing by double digits. That was my personal expectation..just sayin'. Go Tigers!!

These tough losses have to help when we get to conference play..!??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is being the youngest team in the nation an excuse?

Dec 8, 2012, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Been hearing excuses for 25 years..always something*** ]

5 guys in their 8th college game, all logging key minutes. 5 others playing real minutes for the first time. Playing a team with 4 senior starters and 5 Mcdonalds AA's. Were right there for 35 minutes, and they will learn. Beaten by a better team is not anything to be ashamed of. I'll tell you this, no team in the ACC except maybe Duke is better than Gonzaga and Arizona

It's not, you're correct!

Dec 8, 2012, 11:42 PM

Your points are mostly accurate and well taken. But, inability to shoot FREE THROWS almost always leads to a loss against good competition and Clemson simply cannot see to get over the 65% hump in that area. Youth has little to do with basic skills. Tonights game was essentially lost at the free throw line. It's an old, old story that will haunt us forever unless we improve greatly in that phase of the game. They're called FREE THROWS for a reason!

No argument there, that and their offensive rebounding,

Dec 9, 2012, 12:02 AM

and too many wasted possessions were the death nail tonight. Last Sunday we were money in the 2nd half, I think with youth, you see pressure get to some guys. With Book, just inconsistent, just like his brother at the line. A guy like Rod Hall will never be a great shooter. But other guys need to step it up at the line. When you play our style, you need FT's to sustain possessions. It will cost us a game or games when it is poor like tonight

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic