Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You boneheads who actually think that the Big XII
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

You boneheads who actually think that the Big XII

Jan 24, 2013, 8:03 AM

is in a greater position of strength than the ACC are either Big XII/WVU fans posing as Clemson fans attempting to sabotage the whole re-alignment narrative or you are completely retarded.

I hope it's the former. Outside of Texas, maybe OU, the Big XII doesn't come close to the potential that the ACC has. Take off your 2 dimensional short sighted glasses and see the forest through the trees. The ACC has 5 year "look ins" with ESPN in order to adjust the contract accordingly. And THAT was even before ND and Louisville announced their memberships.

Those alone will bring both parties back to the table for renegotiation.

UMD will greatly regret leaving the ACC. The B1G feels like Rutgers and UMD will get better just by virtue of being B1G members (high tide raises all ships philosophy). Just ask Indiana, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, Iowaor anyone else outside of OSU and Michigan on a relatively regular basis etc etc how that has worked out for them.

As much as some of you hate it, we are in the the very stable ACC for the long haul despite your efforts to destabilize and erode confidence. Good try though idiots!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe those whom you have referred to as idiots and

Jan 24, 2013, 8:16 AM

described as retarded would ask this...do you have faith in the ACC's leadership? Especially when both parties come back to the tables for renegotiating?

If your answer is no, then perhaps those who hate the ACC aren't as retarded and idiotic as you claim.

If your answer is yes, then perhaps you're just naive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

loves Swoffie^^^^^***

Jan 24, 2013, 8:23 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I sent him a nice fruit basket for Christmas

Jan 24, 2013, 8:27 AM

Swoffie and I go way back

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wow, good for you!!

Jan 24, 2013, 8:30 AM

I just called him a Fruit Cake and left it at that!

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

That is also an appropriate response***

Jan 24, 2013, 8:40 AM

but the card said....

Jan 24, 2013, 8:42 AM

"Oh great and wonderful leader of the ACC, you are a FRUIT CAKE!!"

I thought it was just right.

must have been a really big basket and how'd you get

Jan 24, 2013, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Yep, I sent him a nice fruit basket for Christmas ]

lgbtu to sit still for so long?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I promised him a date with Cris McKinney***

Jan 24, 2013, 8:45 AM

look at you being all cupid just before valentine's day.***

Jan 24, 2013, 8:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

swofford takes a lot of heat as the chair of the acc

Jan 24, 2013, 8:39 AM [ in reply to I believe those whom you have referred to as idiots and ]

conference. his power is granted to him by the presidents and can be taken away; he wasn't lobbed a scimitar by some watery bint.

i know he's an easy target because of his title, but i'm more worried about the remaining presidents' foresight than i am swoffie's. he's a scapegoat, a figure head. the universities are the power in every vote including who they trust in the position as conference commish.

if louisville, cuse and pitt bring anything to the table, i hope it's a fresh perspective.

the acc has everything we need to be the best all sports conference and a much greater player as a football conference. unfortunately for the acc 'we' seem to move forward as a loose configuration of similar-minded institutions.

i hope the change back to an 8 game conference schedule and the addition of a less than stellar academic institution[uofl] means a change in the wind in the acc.

I completely agree. I don't think trying to jet off to the

Jan 24, 2013, 8:44 AM

B12 is the solution. It just seems whenever Swoffie takes 1 step forward, like with the OB deal, the other power conferences take 2 or 3 steps forward. The ACC is a great fit for Clemson geographically. There is potential for the conference to be a big football conference. But I do not have confidence in the leadership of Swoffie, and for that matter the presidents of ACC universities from an athletics perspective.

So why did ya send him a gift basket? Very confused

Jan 24, 2013, 8:48 AM

;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Gets confused playing chutes and ladders***

Jan 24, 2013, 8:51 AM

Speaking of chutes and ladders

Jan 24, 2013, 8:56 AM

Do you think Pat has a hard time choosing his/her player?

Pat special ordered a gender neutral player***

Jan 24, 2013, 9:00 AM

I wish.....

Jan 24, 2013, 9:01 AM

I could give this post unlimited TU's!!!

I lol'd

the acc's football brand sucks. clemson is more than doing

Jan 24, 2013, 8:58 AM [ in reply to I completely agree. I don't think trying to jet off to the ]

our part now.

fsu, miami, unc, gt, uva, vpi, ncst, now cuse, pitt and louisville need to all do their part; NOW.

all of those schools have the ability to improve their football programs and have at least 20k students. i'm not going to bank on wake, duke or even bc being difference makers although bc is large enough to be competitive.

i have all the respect in the world for jim grobe. wake forest should not be the acc champion in football, ever.

It's not really Swofford's fault

Jan 24, 2013, 9:00 AM [ in reply to swofford takes a lot of heat as the chair of the acc ]

When you consider that when these conference mega-contracts really started escalating the ACC was at it's lowest point in years with Miami, FSU, GT and Clemson being down and the standard bearer VT unable to win a big game of any kind, I think Swofford did a heck of a job getting us the contract that he did.
Then, when expansion fever started he made sure it was the Big East's carcass that was picked over. Getting ND to tether loosely to the ACC was a good thing too. Or, at least not a bad thing and potentially a great thing.
That said, a change in leadership would not bother me at all and it may be a good idea for a fresh perspective.

Re: I believe those whom you have referred to as idiots and

Jan 24, 2013, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I believe those whom you have referred to as idiots and ]

I don't think the Big 12 gives us a much better position, but I have very little confidence in swoffie to get us in the forefront in football which, according to what was said in the ND negotiations, represents about 80% of the athletic revenue. That is where swoffie needs some schooling. IMO! I just want the ACC elite FB programs to act like that and get back in the NC hunt. If that happens, we will be relevant again in a big way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre dame is not a member....

Jan 24, 2013, 8:20 AM

Until they go all in WITH football....which they won't.... They are NOT in the ACC

They bring a large adder in basketball revenue, but not

Jan 24, 2013, 8:24 AM

nearly as much as they would if they joined in football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

ACC teams will get 2-3 home games per year against ND...

Jan 24, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Notre dame is not a member.... ]

And that TV revenue will go straight to the ACC coffers.

exyankee

Jan 24, 2013, 8:30 AM

If you think anyone that is a VW,SoCar,Uga, or any other fan coming on Tnet to post anything will sabotogr anything you are the most delusional person alive. I can see it now.."Gentlemen, before we make a decision on expansion we should go to Tnet and read the posts on there" Bawaaa

Tell 'em coot***

Jan 24, 2013, 8:52 AM

Once again, with a clown for a leader, how can the ACC be in

Jan 24, 2013, 8:44 AM

a position of strength?

I don't give a #### about the conference Clemson is in except I want it to promote big-time football with big-time TV contracts, bowls, and match-ups.

Syracuse vs Miami sounds like a sell out? LOL.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you remember the bumper sticker that read "ACC circus...

Jan 24, 2013, 9:10 AM

7 clowns and one BIG Tiger!"?

I think Mr. Mathias had one on his truck.

Your post reminded me of that.

i think it was "1 'wild' tiger"...

Jan 24, 2013, 9:14 AM

and unfortunately, with conference affiliation now at a premium, that ain't so good.

Yeah, I think you're right. It was "wild." But I was doin'

Jan 24, 2013, 9:20 AM

pretty good to remember whose truck it was on. That was 30 years ago. :)

:-).***

Jan 24, 2013, 9:23 AM

Jan 24, 2013, 9:01 AM

If you really think I am a coot don't you think I would be laughing about you posting after me and being called a coot would be a compliment. You need to think about it. Someone could have a ball with your silliess. You may continue now....waste some more of your time. I think its funny and I am not a coot. I would be closer to being a Tar Heel....thats what I grew up being. Carry on my good man....off we go to post.

to answer a couple of your questions, and

Jan 24, 2013, 9:43 AM

I don't know if you are a coot or not but your posts come off very cootish in nature so......

#1 Real Coots do not laugh when called a coot on T-Net, they get offended because they have been caught trolling

#2 He can continue wasting his time? Who on T-Net is not wasting their time whether or not they are calling someone a coot? The only people with Jobs on this site are the Mods LOL!

Just sayin

BTW - "Tarhole" & "Dookie" are right below "Dawgs" on

Jan 24, 2013, 11:26 AM [ in reply to 80 ]

the Tigernet Ladder of Hate..."Coot" is on the top rung.

Please. Let's get some stuff straight. The Clown is just

Jan 24, 2013, 9:17 AM

that. Revisionist portraits of this leader are ridiculous.

1) You screw up our Gator Bowl connection and get a whole bunch of lower bowls for our teams. WOO-HOO!

2) The TV contract you negotiated is sorry in terms of money and exposure but YOUR son at Raycon who benefited thanks you.

3) Your selection of Syracuse? Really? Really?

4) Good thing for Clemson and FSU or we would have UCONN rather than Louisville now in the ACC. Your leadership here was telling.

5) No ACC sanctions on Baby Blue School like sanctions on Clemson?

6) You have visited Clemson once in your tenure (other than games) to convince our board to stay put?

7) Notre Dame to ACC in all sports but football? Really?

Regarding #3...

Jan 24, 2013, 9:27 AM

You mean the Syracuse team that beat Louisville, @Mizzou, and beat West Virginia in their bowl game last year? Sucked in 2011 but managed to crush the same West Virginia team that crushed us?

Syracuse is a good program.

Oh, and currently number 3 in basketball right now...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

yes, that very same cuse. i'm mixed about them losing

Jan 24, 2013, 9:54 AM

their hc to the nfl.

i'm happy clemson won't face him in the dome next year, but cuse needs to maintain some consistency to benefit their program.

the selection of syracuse was approved by the presidents...

Jan 24, 2013, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Please. Let's get some stuff straight. The Clown is just ]

seriously. any and all additions including nd must be approved by the presidents. why do you blame someone that has NO vote in the matter?

it's been reported all over, by wilkins himself, that BARKER was the instrumental player in the addition of notre dame.

the presidents turned away wvu, not swofford, again, he doesn't have a vote.

are you still upset at what swofford didn't do to clemson back in the 80s?

On September 18, 2011, on behalf of the league's member institutions and the ACC Council of Presidents, Swofford introduced the University of Pittsburgh and Syracuse University as the newest members of the ACC. The additions further strengthen the league's rich tradition of balancing academics and athletics while also enhancing the ACC's reach into the states of New York and Pennsylvania.

on behalf of...

the acc, including clemson, sucked in football when he sat down to re-up and that isn't swofford's fault.

i don't care how much sunshine you pump up, you aren't changing what he had to sell which was limited compared to what slive was selling in many of the same markets where football is king. we currently are very well compensated as an all sports conference. in 4 years or perhaps sooner, with the guarantee of 2-3 nd home games and addition of louisville, espn will come back to the table.

the presidents apparently were more than fine with what he did because they continue to re-up his contract.

if your boss doesn't like what you do, your boss changes it. pretty simple concept.

he tried to protect all the conference members by doing what he did with the gator bowl. i don't like it either, but that is his job, whether we like it or not. again, the presidents are paying him a million/year and recently extended his reign.

if you have a problem with who is the acc figure head, i'd write rad and barker. if you have a problem with the what, blame the people that have kept swofford there for 16 years and continue to say, "bang up job" every time they extend his contract.

i want swofford replaced, if only to gain a new perspective.

One more poster who is clueless

Jan 24, 2013, 12:50 PM

On the business side of the equation and what the Grant of Rights means to the Big 12.

same boneheads that believe ND is joining the ACC***

Jan 24, 2013, 12:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The teams of the ACC have no one to blame but themselves

Jan 24, 2013, 1:01 PM

How do you expect a conference commisoner to get huge contracts when all the teams cant win big games. Even Clemson is responsible for this. Remember the Orange Bowl guys. Lets not pretend like we have been playing like Alabama but being held back by the ACC. We are doing better now, With FSU, and Clemson headed on the right track. louisville coming into the fold. Awful Maryland gone things are turning around. It has nothing to do with Swoffie in football. Its all about the schools living up to their potential. If VT, GT, FSU, Clemson, NC State, UNC, and others do what they are capable of, the ACC will be much better off.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic