Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
automotive enthusiasts, bay area residents, et al....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 316

automotive enthusiasts, bay area residents, et al....

Aug 15, 2018, 10:15 PM

and PSA warning to anyone else with a proclivity to go down a 2 hour rathole. Next weekend is the Monterey car show & auction. I went on to one a few years ago and my jaw is still on the ground. I just happened to be there on business and only went because I read about it. Seriously, just click on this link and check out the cars. Lot #247 is expected to set the record... once again, a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. Those bad boys set the record whenever they come up for auction. Be patient, the website is a little slow to load.

OK, the shortened link says Bad Request, but it works.

http://bit.ly/2w8Klo8

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

It's the

Aug 15, 2018, 11:37 PM

fucking Catalina Wine Mixer!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

besides the usual assortment of classic Shelbys, Ferraris,

Aug 16, 2018, 7:30 AM

Porsches, Aston Martins, Lamborghinis, etc. you'll see something like this.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/MO18/Monterey/lots/r0134-1903-cadillac-model-a-delivery-wagon/698141

It's no Caffeine and Octane :-) ***

Aug 16, 2018, 7:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you'd look pretty groovy tooling around in this...

Aug 16, 2018, 7:42 AM

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/MO18/Monterey/lots/r0145-1961-volkswagen-deluxe-23-window-microbus/699473

That's my jam. I think a fellow Jounger has an orange one

Aug 16, 2018, 8:39 AM

and I would tag him, but I am not 100% sure it is Willmo® that has it so I will not tag him.

Oops.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sweet, love that dash

Aug 16, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to you'd look pretty groovy tooling around in this... ]

those windows are cool and everything but it would need something on the windows to reduce heat

Butt $140k? F that, I am always curious what mine would sell for

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

$15 right now. I can deliver a check tomorrow.***

Aug 16, 2018, 9:59 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I take paypal brah***

Aug 16, 2018, 10:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IN, but I can only do $14.50***

Aug 16, 2018, 10:01 AM

No joke, I have been looking at VW buses lately

Aug 16, 2018, 10:57 AM

Prayers for my wife if I bring home another old vehicle while she begs to get rid of that van...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I've always wanted one. I had a '73 Super Beetle in high

Aug 16, 2018, 10:59 AM

school and absolutely love VWs. I would love to get an orange beetle one day and dream of getting one of the busses. IIRC, I've seen the later model ones (T3?) for sale for reasonable amounts, but never pulled the trigger.

there is some decent room in a bus

Aug 16, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to No joke, I have been looking at VW buses lately ]

for living and sleeping

the one I'd want, or at least want to see and drive is this:

Aug 16, 2018, 8:01 AM

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/MO18/Monterey/lots/r0073-1966-ford-gt40-mk-ii/692159

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that's a screamer for sure. Poke around under the seat

Aug 16, 2018, 8:26 AM

cushions of your couch and scrape up some spare change and it can be yours....

By the way, why the #### is my original post so hosed and you have to scroll right?? Can I fix that?

I think it's the long link.***

Aug 16, 2018, 8:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, I like the history/provenance of the thing

Aug 16, 2018, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Yeah, that's a screamer for sure. Poke around under the seat ]

Occupies a unique place in motorsports history. Hail of a car.

If I could actually have one of these I'd want the one with the Gulf racing livery (light blue and orange).

BTW, I have seen a replica of one of these - they are frikkin' TINY. You could only drive one on the track and for the experience. You'd probably never use it recreationally.

Heck even the modern Ford GTs are smallish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, that's why I mentioned the 2 hour rathole...

Aug 16, 2018, 11:34 AM

for me, it was more like 5 hours. LOL I was fascinated reading the histories of some of those cars. And I'm telling you, walking around that day and seeing all those unbelievable cars was a mind f*ck. I mean, I sometimes go to local car shows and see the usual suspects... 57 Chevys, 60s muscle cars, whatever. But this was another whole universe. Totally stumbled into it... checking into the hotel I asked front desk what's going on (I'm thinking a cool pub, jazz club, etc) and she says well, you can walk a couple blocks to this car auction thingy....

Replies: 17
| visibility 316
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic