Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another church killing.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Another church killing.

Mar 16, 2019, 8:25 AM

Muslims killing christians, again. Zero media coverage.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/2019/march/radical-muslims-murder-32-nigerian-christians-torch-church-in-brutal-attack

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s one for your side.***

Mar 16, 2019, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not the point, and it's a valid one.

Mar 16, 2019, 2:36 PM

Christians killing Muslims is reported very differently than Muslims killing Christians. Christians hating Muslims is reported very differently than Muslims hating Christians. Biases are reflected in what is reported and how it's reported. That is at least part of what's going on here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It’s my point. People on the left gleefully post

Mar 16, 2019, 6:04 PM

when White Nationalists posing as Christians kill Muslims. People on the right gleefully post when the opposite happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree, but again that's not what MC is doing here

Mar 16, 2019, 6:36 PM

. He is correctly pointing out media bias.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You are 100% right.***

Mar 16, 2019, 9:34 PM [ in reply to It’s my point. People on the left gleefully post ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When your second sentence is an indefensible fact then..

Mar 17, 2019, 7:02 AM [ in reply to It’s my point. People on the left gleefully post ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Your-pie-chart-and-bar-chart-dont-agree-25203841

There's a difference.

Stop farming someone else’s land. You can’t make a living doing that.

-Nikoli

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Let's just forget about "Shock and Awe"... #s are 10k-fold.***

Mar 17, 2019, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll have to do better than Deweather

Mar 17, 2019, 10:53 AM

Your claim in 10-fold. Prove it.

-Dr. Nikoli Tesla

10k-fold... k=1,000... Do your own googling. Iraq + etc.***

Mar 17, 2019, 11:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! I knew I'd bust you: not being able to prove

Mar 17, 2019, 12:08 PM

your own oral diarrhea. How does it feel to have made your own self an idiot, refusing to succumb to the inertia of proof?

What would you do with your distorted reality? Liee to the rest of the world, to put a spin and good posture for you so that you can begin to believe to be true only in your own mind?

Bless your heart. You are pure entertainment.  We appreciate you.

Don’t be surprised if you hear from your Therapist, “You know, maybe life isn’t for you!”

-Dr. Tesla, PhD

Here's a start... probably from a site you'd frequent..

Mar 17, 2019, 12:32 PM

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/11/11/study-post-9-11-war-terror-killed-half-million-including-7000-u-s-troops/

The "Therapist" better be 'prepared'...

What a cod-busting gaffaw!

Mar 17, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to That's not the point, and it's a valid one. ]

That's a stretch. But to you, war and assassination is the same thing. SOLOS: The master of misinterpretation.

Do you really believe your effort at repudiation on the subject is held by anyone else but you? You will be making your therapist rich with your view from a parallel reality plane.

-Nikola Tesla

Being obtuse or just plain devoid...?***

Mar 17, 2019, 3:43 PM

Close the Crypt door....

Mar 17, 2019, 4:09 PM

-DNT

Re: Another church killing.

Mar 16, 2019, 10:11 AM

Its not surprising in Africa. What's more nuts is when it happens in the US or New Zealand with a white nationalist.

Why is that? Are white nationalists more evil than

Mar 16, 2019, 11:11 AM

Muslim nationalists?

I think it's because we have become desensitized by

Mar 16, 2019, 2:30 PM

violence and mass murder by Muslims, and have grown used to it, we expect it. Violence by white supremacists against Muslims is relatively rare, and in that respect at least, it may be considered more newsworthy. Not discounting undeniable and obvious media bias, mind you; just saying there may be more at play here.

- H. L. Mencken

throw out 911 and

Mar 16, 2019, 2:51 PM

violence by white supremacists far out number incidents of violence by foreign born muslim radicals in this country, it is not even close. The FBI has a full time team tracking these hate groups, some are para military. If there were a para military muslim hate group in the US they would get taken out in a flash, not so much with the radicalized right..

Don’t think he meant “just in US”

Mar 16, 2019, 4:21 PM

Try reading a bit closer....

Why throw out 911? That would paint a misleading picture

Mar 16, 2019, 6:04 PM [ in reply to throw out 911 and ]

that favors radical Muslims and makes them seem less violent and murderous than they really are.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: throw out 911 and

Mar 16, 2019, 6:44 PM [ in reply to throw out 911 and ]

- H. L. Mencken

You and balm are both right

Mar 17, 2019, 2:23 AM

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/aug/16/look-data-domestic-terrorism-and-whos-behind-it/

Your pie chart and bar chart don't agree.

Mar 17, 2019, 6:58 AM

No surprise. You are like the media: a democratic ascendancy bias with an agenda. A BSsalejob to spin an subject advantage.

More scam and conspiracy to project a party of morality saints.

-PhD

That's bc one is for attacks and one is for deaths

Mar 17, 2019, 3:41 PM

balm was talking # of attacks and ST was talking deaths, the charts show both are right.

And it also came from where ST got his chart.

Surprise!

Bitchplease..

Mar 17, 2019, 4:07 PM

Your carnival of statistics changes as your nose grows, Pinocchio>>>>

There can't be enough dead Islamic Extremest and those that oppose this country. Why are you such heartbreak to the contrary? You are the Lowest Common Denominator of an American: hater of America.

-Doctor Nikola

*slowly backs away****

Mar 17, 2019, 4:10 PM

You can't convince me that Tesla doesn't have

Mar 17, 2019, 5:10 PM

aspergers. No way.

Look..don’t respond like I killed your kitten…

Mar 18, 2019, 6:56 AM

Either..

a) Don't shoot rubber bands at a gunfight
b) Briskly rub some sandpaper on your skin
c) Don't take Doc on.

-PhD

Re: throw out 911 and

Mar 17, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: throw out 911 and ]

1% of the US population is Islamic-they’re really pulling their weight if that’s what the graphic is showing

Hang around. There will be a new spin, soon.

Mar 17, 2019, 4:15 PM

-Nikola Tesla

Omens reflected in your biased, self-created facts

Mar 17, 2019, 7:21 AM [ in reply to throw out 911 and ]

-Dr. Nikoli

OKC was a white domestic terrorist attack. Never mentioned.

Mar 17, 2019, 2:48 PM [ in reply to throw out 911 and ]

I don't fear Muslims because hardly anyone in the US believes as they believe.

The worst case scenario with people like Dylan Roof is if like acts of violence are returned with violence. Then we have a huge problem and are on the brink of real serious shhhhtuff. It went widely underappreciated but when members of Emmanuel Church stood in court up and forgave Dylan Roof, they helped everyone focus on healing rather than revenge.

It's as if the words of Jesus (turning the other cheek and loving your enemies) are real and meaningful.

Everything can be made into a team sport, it seems.***

Mar 16, 2019, 11:22 AM

Rural Nigeria is an absolute mess

Mar 16, 2019, 3:39 PM

there are disgusting radical groups running unchecked all over the place and targeting women and young girls most of the time. It's not reported here because people here simply don't care.

You can pretend that you care about this attack from a humanitarian standpoint but did you even bat an eye when 305 muslims (who are in fact the most common victims of the radical Islamists) were killed by radicals in Egypt in 2017? No because it was in the forgotten parts of the world (to westerners) just like this attack.

The NZ attack gets widespread global coverage because it happened in a peaceful country. The perpetrator does not determine the media coverage, where it happens does. The Paris and Nice attacks (done by islamic radicals) also got a ton of coverage. The Manchester bombing as well.

Uhhh, isn’t it the MEDIA that decides what gets covered

Mar 16, 2019, 4:24 PM

And read by those who care and don’t care?

Jeebus....

Re: Uhhh, isn’t it the MEDIA that decides what gets covered

Mar 17, 2019, 6:12 PM

No we understand the world unlike yourself. I think you may be getting senile. You already forgot that Africa is a messed up place? What's the media to report?

No doubt, the fact that the NZ murders happened in a

Mar 16, 2019, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Rural Nigeria is an absolute mess ]

westernized, realatively peaceful country is a factor (as opposed to recent Muslim on Christian mass killings in The Phillipines and Nigeria where such violence is more common). I think there are several things going on here that influence the way these events are reported.

- H. L. Mencken

Well, ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking.

Mar 16, 2019, 6:42 PM

Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one that remains unaffiliated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll be needing some fresh Dapper Dan...***

Mar 17, 2019, 10:18 AM

Re: Another church killing.

Mar 17, 2019, 6:10 PM

You're that stupid to point out Africa? Cool story bro. Neat....Bad things will always happen in Africa while we are alive. Think of the Hutus and Tutsis in Rawnda. It's a messed up continent with all kinds of chaos. We do don't expect what white nationals are doing around the world and like what we saw in peaceful New Zealand. That's why it' a story you ignorant ######. We have higher standards in certain parts of the world than we know many parts of Africa have.

I think the media does have an agenda...

Mar 18, 2019, 10:32 AM

Making money. I agree mostly with someone up above who said that if it was a topic consumers cared much about, they would talk about it, because it would increase their ratings.

I don't know why it is that people don't care as much about this topic. I think it probably has a lot to do with desensitization. Violence and unrest in the African continent is, I suppose, thought of as just "the way it is". It's not shocking. We give it a grim shake of the head when we read about it, but we don't gasp. Cable news wants the gasp.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic