Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog for April 24
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Apr 24, 2006, 2:02 PM

Mickey Plyler ranks the top 20 players in overall value to the 2006 Clemson football team from 1-86. (Part 4 of 4) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh come on, shouldn't Whitehurst be #1??

Apr 24, 2006, 2:05 PM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's the finest top 20 in the land!!!***

Apr 24, 2006, 2:08 PM

Wow, a little early to rate some of these guys...

Apr 24, 2006, 2:18 PM

While I am excited to see Will Proctor run the offense, how is he #15? The guy has started one game in his entire career and has about a game and a half worth of snaps. I sure hope he can run the offense efficiently, but it's a little early for a top 15 ranking.

Dorrell Scott, Rashaad Jackson, and Phillip Merling? While all these guys showed a TREMENDOUS amount of potential as backups last year, how is it they're already all in the top 12 players?

Rendrick Taylor? Now I know we all have high hopes for this dude, but number 8? We shall see, but I think Mickey rated Taylor a little too much based on 1 play in the spring scrimmage.

Just some thoughts...

are you afraid of the "hype" or something?***

Apr 24, 2006, 2:20 PM

No, not afraid at all...

Apr 24, 2006, 2:22 PM

...Just offering up some viewpoints. If you see any errors in my opinion it's cool to go ahead and state them.

he's ranking their value to the team for this upcoming

Apr 24, 2006, 2:24 PM

season. Not what they have done before.

If so, I stand corrected.***

Apr 24, 2006, 2:26 PM

Simply because it's the QB position....

Apr 24, 2006, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Wow, a little early to rate some of these guys... ]

We better hope he's top 15.

True, true.***

Apr 24, 2006, 2:22 PM

It's like preparing your Christmas list in June.***

Apr 24, 2006, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Wow, a little early to rate some of these guys... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog for April 24

Apr 24, 2006, 3:43 PM

while I think your list is pretty good I disagree with 1-3...

3 should be anthony waters imo.. great linebacker, but we have more depth on the team there then we do at DE..

thats why I would have gaines at #2 on this list...great individual talent and crucial to this team considering our depth at the bandit position...

At #1 and to me without a doubt the franchise would be James Davis.. we do have some options there, but if you can remember what we were before he got here and what we were last year after he got here then you should realize he is un-replacable....the combination of speen size strength and vision is unparralled by any other RB in the league...he is our best and most crucial player..imo..

How can the quarterback be only #15?

Apr 24, 2006, 3:49 PM

I mean really, how is that possible? I don't care if you've got the worst QB in the league taking snaps, this is the general of the offense. This is the guy who reads the opponent's defense. It just isn't logical to me to say that there are 14 guys who are more important to the team than Proctor. And people who say, 'you just have to hand off to Davis, Spiller, and Merriweather ...' don't understand football. Great talents, all of them, but without the threat of something else, they'd all get shut down tight.

It's a testament to the talent surrounding him...***

Apr 24, 2006, 3:52 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's why I can't agree

Apr 24, 2006, 3:58 PM

Proctor and all Tiger fans are blessed with an awesomely talented team going into this year. I'm not taking anything away from anyone. But let's look at why Plyler says about his ranking: "I have decided to rank each player in his overall value to the 2006 team..."

A simple measure of value is to measure what you have with the person and without. Without Proctor, in my opinion, Clemson would be DOOMED in 2006. My comment isn't about his talent, it's just a statement about the value of a quarterback to a football team. Typically a QB has to be in the top 5, probably top 3. Clemson has little in the way of a backup to Proctor. His value to the team is incalculable in my view. Proctor should be in the top 5.

Re: Thanks Alot Mickey Plyer. Great insight......

Apr 25, 2006, 1:08 AM

or something. Said the same crap over and over. Overall, a D- .

Dang - Did ou create the poster for this season or what.

Apr 25, 2006, 2:19 PM

Great calls. I like the intuitive approach towars Gaines and Waters. Couldn't have said it better myself.

You the man Mickey!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic