Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
gah damm
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

gah damm

May 7, 2018, 12:39 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiQlcG_lqa1/?hl=en

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw that one last week.

May 7, 2018, 12:41 PM

I'm trying to figure out when they took the first picture.

Did he get half way under, then try and back out? Or did he hit it, and he figured the only way out was to keep going?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw that one last week.

May 7, 2018, 12:44 PM

You see this one? lmfao

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiAbMRWlx2g/?hl=en

Its like a slo-mo train wreck.

May 7, 2018, 12:52 PM

You know its going to happen, but nobody does anything about it.

I had a guy hit me Saturday. We were parked at Water's Edge eating, and a guy in a nice Scout bay boat let his wife do the docking. They got right up behind me, and were about 2 feet from the cleat, and about 4 feet from my boat. I heard "So do you have this?", and she floors it in forward. Luckily the dock guy saw what was happening and pulled the rope as hard he could to him, and the point of the bow just pushed off my power pole and missed the cowling. I couldn't find any damage at all. Dude who owned the boat was good about it and gave me his info in case I found anything later.

and that's why i don't even mess with shem creek

May 7, 2018, 12:57 PM

or i tie up at shem creek bar and grill and get an oyster shot since nobody else is docking there.

Loks like the old "Fusion" has reopened as

May 7, 2018, 1:20 PM

"Mill Street Tavern". It looks nice on the outside.

http://themillstreettavern.com/

I'll have to try it out. Not sure when it opened.

#TooManyHashtags***

May 7, 2018, 1:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Did that to a friends bimini top one time

May 7, 2018, 1:11 PM

I was backing it into his carport and he never mentioned anything about it, so I didn't think anything about it either. Crushed the entire frame and cracked the fiberglass where it mounted.

I also looked at Tidewaters over the weekend and really like the layout.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet you're the type of buddy

May 7, 2018, 1:13 PM

That didn't offer to pay for the damages you caused and blamed him for not telling you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Bet you're the type of buddy

May 7, 2018, 1:26 PM

Who wouldn't have even been able to help him back the boat down the ramp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bet you're the type of buddy

May 7, 2018, 1:27 PM

People need help backing down a ramp?

Oh I see. One of his buddies can't do it alone so would need help

Thanks for proving me correct homie.***

May 7, 2018, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Bet you're the type of buddy ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of course I didn’t pay for it

May 7, 2018, 1:40 PM

I wouldn’t have expected him to know the trailer height of my bimini.

Can you back a trailer? I don’t think you can.

Ive backed a trailer a few times.

May 7, 2018, 2:14 PM

Including a couple times with coolers and chillers that are bigger than your pontoon boat.

I've been complaining about having an i/o for like two years

May 7, 2018, 2:22 PM

now and you accuse me of having a pontoon boat??

Im just joshin with ya bro

May 7, 2018, 2:28 PM

I don't know (or care) what kind of sail boat ya have.

Be careful with Tidewaters

May 7, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Did that to a friends bimini top one time ]

I'm hearing of lots of fiberglass issues and know a guy that had one that stayed in the factory all but about 2 months he owned it. He said he was happy to get rid of it.

I did that same thing with a bimini top on a Scout I had once.

I had wondered about the quality, I don't think I've ever

May 7, 2018, 1:29 PM

seen one in person. I could get my wife on board with that lounge style front layout though. She's all about island hopping now, so I'm hoping that will precipitate something with an outboard soon. I shed a tear when I looked at my keel Sunday when I was washing everything up, but I won't be able to back in with an i/o until the water warms up a good bit.

Re: I had wondered about the quality, I don't think I've ever

May 7, 2018, 1:32 PM

I got an OB i'll sell you

if it’s the Hurricane 2690 I’m intradested.***

May 7, 2018, 1:41 PM

Too big***

May 7, 2018, 1:45 PM

You can never have too big of a boat***

May 7, 2018, 1:51 PM

They shrink when they hit water***

May 7, 2018, 1:59 PM

I like the Sportsman boats and Key West boats also seem

May 7, 2018, 1:39 PM [ in reply to I had wondered about the quality, I don't think I've ever ]

to have a comparable line up to TideWaters. I think Sea Hunt is the most value for the money, but the Sportsman I like a little better. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably buy one of those.

Key West’s are nice, Sportsman’s are a little too fishing

May 7, 2018, 1:43 PM

Oriented for us I’d say. The scout 255 dorado would be my ultimate choice. Unfortunately, they cost more than my house.

Re: Key West’s are nice, Sportsman’s are a little too fishing

May 7, 2018, 2:12 PM

I looked at Sportsmans before I bought a Tidewater last July. I have heard some stories of poor communications with factory. I haven't had any issues with my 2110 Baymax CC but I would like to upgrade the locks on the storage lockers. Storage was one of the big selling points for me. The draft is only listed as 10 inches and I like that. Fairly light for that class boat at 2100 lbs.

IF I had mo money I would have looked harder at Pioneer. They seemed to be a better quality. Looked at good many over last several years. Like vehicles, one needs about six to fill all my possible applications. And that's just for fishing!

I see a lot of DNR on Pioneers, seem to be well built

May 7, 2018, 2:20 PM

Not sure why they haven't started building anything in the 22'+ range. I'd like that Venture in about a 24'.

Re: I see a lot of DNR on Pioneers, seem to be well built

May 7, 2018, 2:29 PM

The more I learn the more I realize what I don't know. There are some custom boat builders that are fairly competitive with the larger production models. The workmanship is a matter of pride and not just a job for the homey that comes in hungover and commences to screw up the gel coat or attach the deck halfazzed.

There are tons of custom builders.

May 7, 2018, 2:57 PM

But unless they build a ton of small boats, they don;t make any money on them. Take for instance Tideline Catamarans. Excellent build quality, small cats. At least that's what they started with--a 19'er. They don't even make that anymore. Smallest they make is like a 25'er. Same with say Freeman, They started with a like a 25'er; they don't even make anything under 30' now, and has a 4 year waiting list that costs $10K to even get a build slot.

If you can find a semi custom builder who makes a small boat (Yellowfin makes a small 20' something bay/flats boat), its a 6 figure 20+' boat that you'll never get your money out of.

They have a 22' Sportfish

May 7, 2018, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I see a lot of DNR on Pioneers, seem to be well built ]

but the liner they use is a bout twice as thick as any other mfr. That results into a lot smaller interior then their competitors.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic