Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's late in the 4th qtr and we're all happy right now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,335

It's late in the 4th qtr and we're all happy right now

Nov 17, 2018, 10:32 PM

but I can't remember a season since Dabo became our HC that I have seen so many games in one season that we have had such terrible 1st qtr struggle as we have this year.If we hadn't had the talent that we have, we would have gotten out butts kicked, and I'm talking about kicked playing against team that really aren't that good!!!If we play against Pitt anything like we played against BC last week, and Dook tonight in the ACC championship game, we could get our butts kicked. Pitt beat Doook, Syracuse, and made it a 5 point game against NO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plenty of slow, sloppy starts, for sure.

Nov 17, 2018, 10:34 PM

Thank goodness for all of the ### kicking, dominating finishes!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think 60 point wins & scoring 77 has spoiled a few people

Nov 17, 2018, 10:38 PM

Overall, this was a dominant game by Clemson. We have a defense that allows us to have bad quarters and halves on offense. Teams are not going to go up 21-0 on us in the first quarter while the offense gets their feet under them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think 60 point wins & scoring 77 has spoiled a few people

Nov 18, 2018, 12:37 PM

I'm sorry but I have to ask this, did you watch the 1st and 2nd qtr of the game, bc if you did, you had to of seen how awful we looked at home, and our fans in the stands where taken out of the game. I'll be totally honest, I was absolutely scared for the 2nd half of FB to begin. Even though we won the 2nd half in dominant fashion, I believe that was mainly bc Dook don't have our talent level nor our depth, and we just wore them down. From that point, any play that was called could have worked!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 12:51 PM

^^^^ THIS. While it's okay against teams like Dook and Pitt and Cuse, etc., it won't be okay when we meet teams with as much depth as we have. If they get a big lead like Cuse did, then I doubt we manage to overcome that against a team with lots of fresh players late in the game. Bama comes to mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I think 60 point wins & scoring 77 has spoiled a few people ]

Ye of little faith.

You said it though

Nov 17, 2018, 10:41 PM

Bama would have destroyed us in the first half today

Nov 17, 2018, 10:43 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama would have destroyed us in the first half today

Nov 18, 2018, 12:45 PM

Bama didn't destroy Citadel in the first half - do you think we're worse than Citadel?

Re: Bama would have destroyed us in the first half today

Nov 18, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Bama would have destroyed us in the first half today ]

Tua is lame. Bama can't destroy anyone right now. If they make the playoff by beating UGA somehow, then Tua will be fine by January and they will cruise thru the playoff on their way to another NC. If CLEMSON played Bama 1 week after the SECCG/ACCCG, then CLEMSON would maul Bama. It would be Bama's worst loss since Saban came to them.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,335
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic