Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's just not shocking anymore, so let's see
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

It's just not shocking anymore, so let's see

May 9, 2019, 11:35 PM

all y'all dismiss/defend the latest BS from Trump.

At an Immigrant Hate Rally(taxpayer funded) yesterday in Panama City, FL, Trump is blathering on about immigrants..."What are ya gonna do?" he quips after a string of nonsense. Guy close to the stage hollers, "Shoot'em!"

...and DJT doesn't say, "No, that would be illegal" or "Thats not we do in the US" or even "Thats not nice". He says, "Only in the panhandle can you get away with that...only in the panhandle".

Even off the cuff, is this what you want from your president?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forgot the part where he laughs at the suggestion

May 9, 2019, 11:38 AM

before saying "only in the panhandle"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Yeah, I forgot about that part. I mean

May 9, 2019, 11:41 AM

it was a funny joke; who wouldn't laugh at that?

But yet this guy is a horrible person

May 9, 2019, 11:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIjenjANqAk&disable_polymer=true

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Is there an IQ limbo stick you have to fit

May 9, 2019, 11:56 AM

Under to attend these rallies?

Good on McCain tho for tamping down the idiocy.

"Im appalled" -phiggy***

May 9, 2019, 11:50 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: It's just not shocking anymore, so let's see

May 9, 2019, 12:06 PM

Your mistake is assuming that Trump supporters would have hold anything against Trump.

He stands on stage with 4 kids from 3 wives, no problem.

He violates federal campaign finance laws by paying hush money to a pron star, no problem.

He lies constantly, no problem.

He shames a gold star family, no problem.

He criticizes a Vietnam War vet for getting captured, no problem.

He continues to criticize the Vietnam vet even after he dies, no problem.

So yeah, a little thing like joking about gunning down immigrants isn't gonna register with 'em.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, what would you have him do?

May 9, 2019, 12:12 PM

Actually be a sane rational adult and denounce the threat of violence against an immigrant.

That's not exactly on-brand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, that's what many want.

May 9, 2019, 12:22 PM

There are definitely many Americans who would love a president to declare open season on immigrants and look to Trump to be the one to do it.

Not saying those people exist on this board (I hope not, although probably Chesty and NikolaTesla), but those Americans exist.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Yes, that's what many want.

May 9, 2019, 12:47 PM

They don't just exist, there are millions of them.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/the-cruelty-is-the-point/572104/

That's hyperbole.

May 9, 2019, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Yes, that's what many want. ]

Shame on you for suggesting anyone really wants illegals dead. They guy who said that was joking just like Hillary when she asked China to get Trump's taxes and just like Nancy when she said if they put everyone in the Trump organization in jail that deserved it the jail would be overcrowded.

What do they say about people who can't take a joke?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suppose thats better

May 9, 2019, 1:04 PM

But you're really ok with the giddy joking of shooting immigrants? I know, I know, jokes cross the line all the time, and usually we just shake our collective heads at the tone-deaf nature of them, but this seems an awful lot like a large group of people emboldened by a power figure to dehumanize other human beings to me.

That in itself is worrying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say I was alright with it.

May 9, 2019, 3:27 PM

I think all three jokes on my list are gauche', something that shouldn't be done in polite company but I didn't say anything to support either. When we start fact checking jokes and poking at those who don't condemn the 'comedian,' who told them we expose just how sensitive we really are and make ourselves socially disfunctional.

I don't like cruel jokes either but I'm not pitching fits about things people say when they aren't being serious. The left has the market cornered on that already.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The jokes you referenced had deeper points they made

May 9, 2019, 1:19 PM [ in reply to That's hyperbole. ]

and expressed an opinion within the joke. Curious, if you're saying they are the same thing, what was the deeper point or opinion being expressed in saying immigrants should be shot (and laughing about that idea)?

OK, let's explore the hidden messages.

May 9, 2019, 3:41 PM

Without playing a 33.3 RPM vinyl disk backward I can determine that Hillary wanted Trump's taxes, Nancy wanted Trump and his supporters out of her way and the man who said 'shoot them,' was exaggerating no more or no less to make his point too.

If there's a difference here it's that the 'shoot em,' guy isn't a dem. If we're going apechit, Hillary is ready to collude with a foreign nation to remove Trump from office, Nancy is saying she's already convicted a lot of Trump's people without a fair trial with a jury of their peers and the Trump guy is ready to uzi illegals at the border.

Whether you call all these a joke or take them literally they aren't the way this country should be run. Another major difference between Nancy/Hillary is one of them was your nomination for POTUS, the other is the Dem speaker of the house of representatives a very esteemed political position in congress, probably the most powerful dem on the planet and the 'shoot em,' guy speaks for none but himself.

However, you've rationalized this all to be innocent dems and, like your entire party and the MSM to condemn all Trump supporters over one single man who speaks only for himself. It's cheap of you to do that but I like to type. It's one of the things my heart can pump enough blood to allow me to do.

Hillary's joke was that she wanted Trump's taxes

May 9, 2019, 9:08 PM

that wasn't the "hidden message" or subtext. The subtext/point of her joke was about illustrating how serious of an action it would be for, as you say a "POTUS nomination" of a party to ask for another country to hack their opponent and release that information AND then to have that actually happen regardless of coordination or not would be a remarkably politically poisonous thing to have happen.

Pelosi, in my opinion, was joking about how corrupt of an administration Trump and his cabinet are.

But you hit on one point I might could agree with you on, that the man who yelled "shoot them" may have been exaggerating to make his point, but what is that point? It would seem that the point would be that illegal immigrants (or just immigrants) are not worthy of empathy or compassion. To put it in the context of Hillary and Pelosi's jokes, they are all using hyperbole to express an intolerance and hatred over something--Clinton with Trump's asking of Russia to hack her campaign, Pelosi with Trump's corruption, and Trump/supporter's of illegal immigration/immigration. Two of those are intolerance of actions while the other is an intolerance of a person(s). That's where the difference lies.

It's not cheap to explain reality.

Re: That's hyperbole.

May 9, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to That's hyperbole. ]

How do you know he was joking?

Years ago, on this board (those posters are gone), some of them advocated land mines at the border. No, they weren't joking.

Shame on you for being naive enough to think the contingent of white supremacists who support Trump wouldn't want immigrants killed.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

The same way I know Nancy and Hillary were joking.

May 9, 2019, 3:43 PM

I have a sense of humor. You need to check ebay and see how much one would cost. You need one badly.

Re: The same way I know Nancy and Hillary were joking.

May 9, 2019, 5:00 PM

Joking about what? What do they have to do with this?

I've listened to the video. You really think the guy who yelled that was joking?

And sorry if not laughing at musing about murdering immigrants isn't "having a sense of humor".

But you're used to dehumanizing people of different skin colors, amirite?

I think anyone who shouts that in a

May 9, 2019, 5:04 PM [ in reply to That's hyperbole. ]

public place is a dumb ####, joking or not. Anyone who laughs is also a dumb ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's legal in the panhandle?***

May 9, 2019, 12:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

So your knees will soon quick jerking?

May 9, 2019, 12:49 PM

I want him to stop illegals from crossing the border and fix things so they have to file asylum papers at our embassies throughout the world.

I want him to force China to play fair. I want him to force the EU to play fair.

I want him to force NOKO and Iran to stop the nuclear testing and give up their nukes and work toward getting leaders in those countries and China who will respect religious freedom and basic human rights.

I want him to do everything possible to protect Israel's sovereignty.

I want him to export enough oil to crush Iran's and Russia hope and let them know the US doesn't cater to being messed with.

I don't want him entertaining and dignifying stupid statements like 'shoot them,' in response to rhetorical questions about what to do about illegals crossing the border.

Imo, he's doing all he can and I approve of and applaud his efforts but perhaps he needs to bear down on these efforts with a little more aggression.

I want him to cut off aid to the countries who are deporting welfare recipients and low skilled workers to the United States. It drive the wages of our poorest, least paid working citizens down.

Me saying 'force,' does not mean I want a hot war or troops involved.

And you have faith

May 9, 2019, 1:56 PM

in a dipsh!t like DJT to do all that? You need to put your faith in better people '88.

I put no faith in DJT.

May 9, 2019, 3:46 PM

He's just like me but he's done much of what he ran on and promised to do while he was running. The rest he's working diligently on getting done. That's more than I can say about my previously fav POTUS, Reagan. He let the dems screw him on immigration reforms. He believed them when they said if he would grant amnesty to illegals here they would fix the system.

He died waiting on them to fulfill that promise. Trump isn't that naive.

Re: I put no faith in DJT.

May 9, 2019, 9:16 PM

His biggest promise was that Mexico would pay for our wall. Any word how those payments are coming along?

FL Panhandle = LA ("Lower Alabama"). It's true.

May 9, 2019, 3:55 PM

DJT didn't say nuthin' that warn't true.

Ain't sayin' I agree with it. Ain't sayin' he shoulda said it. Just sayin', he's not wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I think you hit the nail on your head more than you know

May 9, 2019, 5:01 PM

Morons like this guy in the area you described used to know they had to stay hidden in their hole. Now they know they'll get laughs and acknowledgement from the president, so here they come.

Re: It's just not shocking anymore, so let's see

May 9, 2019, 9:13 PM

It was crazy when he said the wall would completely solve the problem. It wouldn't even come close to solving the problem. These migrants have figured out they just have to ask for asylum. Trump is just so full of it daily.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic