Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers fall to No. 4 Georgia in Clemson's longest game ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers fall to No. 4 Georgia in Clemson's longest game ever

Apr 17, 2019, 2:08 AM

Tigers fall to No. 4 Georgia in Clemson's longest game ever

A walk-off single by No. 4 Georgia's Connor Tate capped a 20-inning affair in Athens to a 3-2 Bulldogs win over Clemson. The six-hour and 33-minute contest was Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that sucks.***

Apr 17, 2019, 3:27 AM

Re: TNET: Tigers fall to No. 4 Georgia in Clemson's longest game ever

Apr 17, 2019, 5:39 AM

Wow!!! Way to go toe to toe with one of the best teams in the country boys!! Glad I didn’t stay up too late for this one!! Only made it through the 11th!! Haha, and I knew we missed a big chance with runners at the corners and Logan Davidson up in the eighth!!! Man o man!!

Apr 17, 2019, 6:18 AM

I'm really sorry TiGeReIgN bc I TD-ed your post by accident, that I was going to TU, I will try and make it up to you in another post that I may have passed by. But again, I'm sorry for that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll help cover the accident AOAtT . . .

Apr 17, 2019, 6:38 AM

I’m glad I stayed up for the entire game!!! It’s going to kill me driving all day today shuffling Cotton seed around . . . But I’ll make it work.

Hate we lost but what an effort by our pitchers?!!! Couldn’t ask for more grit and fight in a collective group!!!

Situational hitting needs to become a real item on our agenda. Leaving ~17 runners in scoring position is atrocious. We continually try to pull low and away breaking balls with a swing for the fence approach. Frustration 101 to me.

“Changing things up” by Monte cost up . . . Byrd at third not putting a glove of the liner, and the freshman in left with the Charlie Chan move . . . WOW . . . Hard act to watch . . . still, Davidson had a clean shot at the runner at the plate with a good throw.

Proud of our guys nonetheless!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re a better man than me Skeeta!

Apr 17, 2019, 8:09 AM

I made it through 11, but no more. Set the dvr, but just couldn’t wait to watch. Damb! I was afraid of hearing the score.

I try not to judge our guys (knowing full well they are giving it their best); and try not to ‘go negative’, but I am right there with you on appreciation, plaudits and (unhappily or unfortunately) the frustration.

I’m encouraged though, because the two announcers were discussing Coastal’s CWS - their early struggles, etc., then winning it all with a good run at the end - and the eternal optimist in me was thinking our Tigers could do that!

Good luck with the ‘driving and shuffling’ - stay safe and keep sucking down some java!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I was there. I left in the middle of the 14th. Had a 2 hour

Apr 17, 2019, 9:22 AM

drive. When I get home, I checked the final score... the game was still going on. Went to the top of the 20th. I passed out. Then we lost. I'm sorry.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was there. I left in the middle of the 14th. Had a 2 hour

Apr 17, 2019, 10:23 AM

Made it through 14...but with a sick kid and my mom having just had major surgery, I was done...tough, great effort by the guys.

and nowhere in this article was the # of innings mentioned.

Apr 17, 2019, 10:34 AM

SMH

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

It's in the first sentence***

Apr 17, 2019, 10:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: It's in the first sentence******

Apr 17, 2019, 4:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Apr 17, 2019, 1:39 PM

Two great teams! Sorry Tigers lost but really proud of our pitchers! ... Soooo many chances, though...men left on base... Hope they rest up and come back. Baseball can be a crazy game. Most Clemson’s numbers were very good...except the score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic