Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's Upper Deck Seats are some of the best anywhere
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 201

Clemson's Upper Deck Seats are some of the best anywhere

Aug 8, 2014, 10:34 AM

The Upper Decks are steep, allow for terrific sight lines as well as a good view of the Lake and Mountains in late October/November.

In my experience, anyone who disagrees with this has a problem with walking, not the seats themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I like the Upper Deck for about the first 15 rows.

Aug 8, 2014, 10:44 AM

After that, it feels just too far removed from the game.

And it isn't the walk for me, as I put in at least 20 miles per week running.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

it is all relative. .. compare to other

Aug 8, 2014, 10:54 AM

80k stadiums. Steepness pays off.
death valley is only like 62% capacity. We could easily get another 20- 30k seats in if build a upper deck in the WE or put any sport of deck in the east without being 2 miles away from the field like the big house.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Clemson's Upper Deck Seats are some of the best anywhere

Aug 8, 2014, 10:45 AM

I agree. Great view of the field and awesome scenery. But I hate going up there. I have friends who sit up there and occasionally I'll go and sit with them. I'm afraid of heights. Getting to their seats makes me nervous. Getting down is worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2014, 10:49 AM

"anyone who disagrees with this has a problem with walking, not the seats themselves."

Flawed premise. I sat up there once and that was it for me. I don't care for heights and actually suffer from vertigo at height.

Most others I've talked to that do not enjoy the upper deck share the same sentiment about the height and steepness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

It's hilarious watching the people afraid of heights...

Aug 8, 2014, 10:53 AM

Ascend and descend the upper deck steps. They grip the railing as if their life depended on it and walk in a crouched position.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's hilarious watching the people afraid of heights...

Aug 8, 2014, 10:56 AM

That's me. I'll stick to my seats at the bottom of the stadium. Most people think my seats are horrible, but I actually like sitting on top of the field. I'll take it any day over the upper deck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen people walk backwards and almost sit

Aug 8, 2014, 11:41 AM [ in reply to It's hilarious watching the people afraid of heights... ]

to get down...

the worst I ever saw. A lady passed out many rows passed us and they put her on a stretcher and roped her down the rail... NO WAY would I do that

my mom hates the upper deck and doesn't stand much. Says she feels like she's falling

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hilarious would be the last word that comes to my mind.

Aug 8, 2014, 11:49 AM [ in reply to It's hilarious watching the people afraid of heights... ]

Dumb to make fun of someone else's fear. MOST people are "gripping" the rail because their life could bepend on it if they tripped and fell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2014, 11:49 AM

Sorry, but I think most people disagree with you. Luckily, I almost always get lowers. Our stadium looks good thanks to the upper decks, but it is too high up there and you feel too removed. Yes, I like being able to see plays develop, but you are simply too far from the action. I like the upper decks, I just don't like sitting up there.

One stadium that really impressed me as far as sight lines go was Neyland. You get a pretty good view from pretty much anywhere.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2014, 11:57 AM

60% of Neyland Stadium's seats are behind the goal lines. maybe you sat in the upper on the 50...but most of their seats aren't good.

Neyland Sucks. Terrible stadium.***

Aug 8, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson's Upper Deck Seats are some of the best anywhere ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I don't think you get the same crowd experience you get in

Aug 8, 2014, 11:52 AM

the lower bowl. You are right about the view though and you can see plays developing better but the players look like ants (the higher you are). The noise just does not match what you get down low though IMO.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They say if you want to get away with murder, take them

Aug 8, 2014, 12:44 PM

hunting and have her (mother-in-law) accidentally shot. I always think that an accidental nudge in the upper decks would work equally as well.

In all seriousness, we have the best upper decks but the only drawback is those summer dresses. I missed an entire Miami game one year. I did not mind in all honesty. We lost the game because we went for it on 4th down in the 3rd I think. Hard to see when watching the game through a floral patterned dress.

Except in extreme temperatures

Aug 8, 2014, 12:56 PM

no protection from the sun or wind up there

Neyland

Aug 8, 2014, 1:01 PM

I had seats that nobody, looking at a seat map, would consider "good" -- way up and in the corner. However, the sight lines were great and I felt close to the field, even being far back. The stadium looks like garbage, but I thought the seats were great.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 201
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic