Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Alabama-Ole Mrs. Game is a distant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

The Alabama-Ole Mrs. Game is a distant

Oct 25, 2015, 5:32 PM

memory, but would we all agree that Ole Mrs. got pretty lucky in their win where things just seemed to go their way?

If we agree that Ole Mrs. was a fluke win, would Bama (on paper) be one of the best teams in the country?

All that to say this, Bama may be one of the best teams in the country and deserve a shot. But I hope that if they make it in, we are matched up with them first. They don't seem to fair as well against spread offenses. I think we could stop Henry and exhaust their D. And if we get a match up with OSU, we'll remind them of Sheuy and company.

I know, I know...I'll sit in my chair and think about NC State till we beat them lol.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It shouldn't matter. Bama has a loss, and other power 5 teams do not.

Oct 25, 2015, 5:35 PM

The notion that Alabama's loss should somehow be excused because they have looked good otherwise and are in the SEC is ridiculous. People like Mark May need to shut up about them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: It shouldn't matter. Bama has a loss, and other power 5 teams do not.

Oct 25, 2015, 5:50 PM

They make the Tennessee win sound like a good win for bammer.

It was a good win.

Oct 25, 2015, 5:56 PM

You'll see UcheaT winning a lot in the next couple of years. They have the best QB in the conference and the best WR corp to go with him. They missed three FGs in that game or Bama wouldn't be pushed as such a wonderful gift to football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hard to tell what will happen in the SEC now.

Oct 25, 2015, 5:53 PM

Bama and LSU are susceptible to losing to a dual threat QB who has a couple good WRs, a TE with hands on the end of his arms and a defense that can stop the run.

No, I don't think either is worth a chit. Both coaches are watching football pass them by. Clemson's offense beat LSU with half the talent on defense. If you don't have a dual threat QB you can't defend the dual threat.

Neither should get a seed and I'd say UF will beat either of them in the SECCCG if that 2nd string QB doesn't get benched again over another failed drug test. Let the Roid bowl begin.

You won't find Bama, LSU or UF matched with us or OSU unless two of them get seeds in the PO. Yes, I'd like to take down Bama Dabo style.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much more substance in this reply than most topics....***

Oct 25, 2015, 6:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you see them barely slide by that 3-4 Tennessee team?

Oct 25, 2015, 5:56 PM

The only current top 25 team they have played is Ole Miss, and they lost that one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Bama's "fluke" loss is excused then so should ours. Oh wait, nevermind***

Oct 25, 2015, 6:09 PM

NO. Did you see them last night?***

Oct 25, 2015, 6:10 PM

Re: The Alabama-Ole Mrs. Game is a distant

Oct 25, 2015, 6:21 PM

Bama is a a top 4 team without question. Ole Miss was a fluke I agree. Everything went their way and Bama just turned the ball over too much as well.

The genius that is giving Bama a 1st place vote this week

Oct 25, 2015, 6:24 PM

should lose voting privileges immediately.

But then, beating a 3-3 team at home by 5 is quite a remarkable feat. Who else could do that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic