Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's hard to imagine that next year's team could be BETTER
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,347

It's hard to imagine that next year's team could be BETTER

Dec 9, 2015, 1:13 PM

Offense will be even better with return of Williams and addition of Feaster, and the defense will stay strong with the depth we have.

Hard to imagine, but very likely.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's hard to imagine that next year's team could be BETTER

Dec 9, 2015, 1:14 PM

Offense will be better, but has to stay healthy like this season.

Defense worries me a little if we have a large number go as juniors. We reloaded this year but is hard to do that two years in a row. Look at FSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

FSU's defense wasn't their problem. Losing Winston was.***

Dec 9, 2015, 1:17 PM

yes, hard to reload two years in a row for sure.***

Dec 9, 2015, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: It's hard to imagine that next year's team could be BETTER ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: It's hard to imagine that next year's team could be BETTER

Dec 9, 2015, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: It's hard to imagine that next year's team could be BETTER ]

If we continue to recruit, develop the talent we sign and play at the current high level, you can forget reloading two years in a row. We will have to do it pretty much every year. I don't care how dedicated a player is to getting his college degree, if he does his Economics homework and his NFL advisory ranks him 3rd round or higher after his junior season, he's going pro. He will have all the money he needs to finish his degree AND buy Mama a new house.

It's the juniors who are projected 5th round and lower that have me scratching my head. Thankfully, we don't see many of those at our school from the upstate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A little concerned on defense

Dec 9, 2015, 2:06 PM

Lawson and Alexander are early round talents that we don't have equivalent replacements for. I'm not sure who steps up at DE, I haven't seen any of the players behind lawson have much impact. While I like our depth at corner, Alexander is the #2 rated player at his position and a 1st round pick. You just don't replace that. Baker has shown he'll be a good corner, but not sure he'll be the shutdown guy alexander was.

Losing your best DE and best corner can totally change the dynamic of what this defense may be able to do next season.

The DT position should be improved with Wilkins getting more playing time. Linebacker group should be about the same and even if Kearse leaves I don't see a huge drop off in the safety position.

However if I had to have 2 stud players to start a defense it would be a shutdown corner and a defensive end. I just don't see anyone at alexander and lawson's level on the roster and based on that I feel we could see a small step back again next year.

Re: A little concerned on defense

Dec 9, 2015, 2:41 PM

If we can somehow land Dexter Lawrence (#2 player and #1 DT according to Rivals) and Rahshaun Smith (#11 player and #3 LB according to Rivals) that could help tremendously. Both should be immediate impact players, and I think we have a great shot at getting both.

Biggest negatory is tough road games

Dec 9, 2015, 2:13 PM

everything else is MEH!

Offensive line may be better too.. hard to say.***

Dec 9, 2015, 2:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Offensive line may be better too.. hard to say.***

Dec 9, 2015, 2:41 PM

Imagine Cain in his 2nd year, Scott, Mike Williams, Renfrow, Chase, McCloud, Powell, hopefully Overton, Bell, and Thompson as receivers to go along with Fuller, Choice, Dye, Feaster and hopefully Gallman in the backfield. Has there ever been a team with more offensive weapons?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,347
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic