Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BUUUURN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 673

BUUUURN

Apr 2, 2019, 10:21 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This hits so, so close to home

Apr 2, 2019, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here.

Apr 2, 2019, 1:43 PM

I lost my $hit yesterday in the car.

Wife was carrying on about me doing some new home improvement project, and the kids were wanting me to make our internet faster and make my son a bed frame....

I told them that I'm the only on that does a damnn thing around the house and that if it weren't for me, they'd be living in a group home. I continued to say that I didn't want to hear them complain about ANYTHING I do/don't do around the house until they start being productive family members.

The rest of the ride to football practice was much more peaceful.

Feelsbetterman.jpg

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

but how was the blowj you got afterward***

Apr 2, 2019, 1:57 PM

I'll let you know when I get it.

Apr 2, 2019, 1:58 PM

TXtigerfan, check your tmale.

I'll let you know when he gets it.***

Apr 2, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to but how was the blowj you got afterward*** ]

Re:Gret [NICE]***

Apr 2, 2019, 2:41 PM

It's hard not to blow up like that sometimes

Apr 2, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Same here. ]

Giving my wife the benefit of the doubt, I estimate I do at least 90% of all the work around the house. Yardwork, house cleaning, cooking, clothes, etc. And I pay all of the bills. She got mad at me last week because I wouldn't help her clean/sweep the kitchen and living room before her parents got there. Told her to go fugg herself, I'm not helping her with the minimal amount of work she actually does.

That went about as well as I figured it would, but it had to be said. Used to be, she'd keep up with stuff for at least a month before getting slack. It's almost on a weekly basis now. Now, when I get pissed, she just gets pissed, and nothing gets accomplished. Dropping hints is as effective as speaking Japanese to a rabid fox.

I'm legitimately contemplating selling the house we just bought. I love it, it's a beautiful home, more room than we could ever need, great neighborhood, easy access to the lake....But GD it kills my soul to see it be neglected, and I'm figuring out I just simply cannot do it all. Nor will it end well if I do, I already feel the building resentment.

Going to end awesome, I'm sure.

Thanks for listening,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, and she wants a new car now too. HAHA!***

Apr 2, 2019, 2:22 PM

You got two feet. You need to put one down.

Apr 2, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to It's hard not to blow up like that sometimes ]

Wife of and I are more along the lines of if it needs to be done, do it.

Except for the stuff I either refuse to do, or have been banned from doing, like folding clothes.

But if the counters need wiping off, do it.

Floors need mopping, do it.

No chore list. No keeping score. Because there are months at a time when I'm not home enough to do ANY of the chores.

We typically spend about half an hour each night blasting through chores. Daughter of picks up toys and straightens up her room while wife of and I handle the kitchen and getting everything ready for tomorrow.

We don't go to bed with a dirty house.

Also helps when we have a woman come clean the house every other week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

and I do, but you can only have the same conversation so

Apr 2, 2019, 2:50 PM

Many times, at some point you just give up. For the most part, I do take care of something if it needs to be done....often while her ### is engrained in the couch. I have resorted to hiding her clothes just so she’ll be forced to do a load of laundry for a fuggin change, and half the time when she does do a load, it’s only her stuff. Infuriating.

Yes, I have tried calmly talking to her about it, got nothing. I’m legitimately worried how ##### I’m going to keep up with everything after my son is born, I’m running on fumes as is.

She doesn’t believe I won’t sell that house, pocket all of the money and move her ### to a double wide in Townville, but I will. I swear to God I will, and I’m getting closer to doing it every day. If she wants to live like a lazy sack of ####, we can do it! I just ain’t going to be paying as much as I am now for those sort of living arrangements.

Sounds like you got a brat***

Apr 2, 2019, 2:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Not a brat, just lazy as ####.***

Apr 2, 2019, 2:58 PM

What my wife thinks "needs to be done" and what I think

Apr 2, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to You got two feet. You need to put one down. ]

"needs to be done" differ. Greatly.

Cleaning is a priority somewhere WAY below the latest Hallmark movie, catching up on the last hour missed on Facebook, and the newest update to just about any 50 Shades fanfiction story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and then I'm being overly dramatic when I get pissed

Apr 2, 2019, 4:11 PM

off because I quite literally have no clean clothes to wear. Or those that are clean, have been piled in the corner of the bedroom for two weeks, and have become a makeshift bed for our now 140 pound dog.

You know, I've only spread about 30 yards of mulch, round-upped all of the weeds in the yard, mowed, weedeated, washed and waxed the boat, taken her car to get washed and serviced, paid all of the bills/taxes, made sure the dogs were fed, pressure washed the porches, mopped the floors, vacuumed, swept, did dishes....among other things in that period of time, so I guess I should have just gotten to the laundry too.

I wash fold and put up my own clothes. Since day one.

Apr 2, 2019, 5:22 PM

She washes her clothes every 2 to 3 weeks. I can't hack that. Not to mention folding and putting up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are two clean, straight, and organized rooms in my

Apr 2, 2019, 3:33 PM [ in reply to It's hard not to blow up like that sometimes ]

house. My mancave-office and the kitchen. I have chosen to keep the kitchen clean for health reasons. Aside from that, I let the rest of the house go to ####. I have given up trying to keep them clean because my wife is messier than all but one kid. Messiest room in the house is my wife's office. Second messiest is the bedroom. Those are the two places she spends the most time in. Then after that is oldest son's bedroom (he takes after her). Middle son keeps a pretty clean room. Then you have the playroom that is still less messy than wife's office. Cars, you can only imagine. Mine looks clean and like maybe it has 40,000 instead of 140,000 miles. Wife's stinks, has trash everywhere, and looks like it has 100,000 miles when it only has 13,000. She blames hauling the kids around. But I haul the same kids around in my car just as much these days, and for some reason they clean their trash out of my car and toss it on the floor in her car. I clean up after the kids in my car and she gets mad at me and tells them I should make them clean their crap up. I tell her kids learn by example, and point out they now keep my car clean because I make it a point to keep my car clean. Showing I value a clean car and parenting by example has caused them to clean their trash out of my car. She gets pizzed at this. Oh well.

Now keep in mind, first time I ever saw wife's dorm room at Clemson it was a wreck. I made some comment and she blamed it on her roomate. From that one time until we were married TWO YEARS later, her dorm room was always clean and straight. 2 days after returning from out honeymoon, I noticed every ####### door in the house had a towel or some piece of clothing draped over it. I was like ###? She was like yeah, I did this all the time. I said ummm...I've never seen you hang clothes or towels across a door. I just started pulling them down and throwing them in a corner. She relented and now tosses them in her clean clothes pile in the closet (she doesn't fold her clothes or put them in drawers).

She used to never empty the dishwasher either. She's let #### pile up in the sink until it stunk. Again, not a hint of this through two years of courtship. We have a very nice house, and it is a shame it's such a pig sty. It's embarrassing. I go to trailers in Pelion that are 20 times cleaner.

But oh well. So much I didn't know then that I know now. Sounds like you are learning...wait a decade or more and you'll learn a lot more about that stranger you thought you knew.

I guess mine was sneakier, she waited until she got

Apr 2, 2019, 4:26 PM

pregnant to completely cease doing anything. Well, she's going out to eat with her friend tonight, she feels well enough to do that, I guess. I'll end up doing all of the shid I've been asking her to do for weeks, while drinking enough Keystone to keep me from exploding on her when she walks in the door tonight.

I guess I stupidly thought buying a nice house would motivate her a little, you know, maybe she'd have some pride in it or something. Big LOL at me for thinking that, quite literally the opposite happened.

Here's the rub though....I won't live like this forever. It either gets better, or it gets better. How it gets better remains to be seen.

Preggers is understandable.***

Apr 2, 2019, 5:20 PM

I know..

Apr 2, 2019, 4:04 PM [ in reply to It's hard not to blow up like that sometimes ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lakebum, Tiggity, and I need a group hug

Apr 2, 2019, 3:40 PM

Lakebum1®
Tiggity®

marriage, lol

Apr 2, 2019, 3:40 PM

TOTE1

Re: Lakebum, Tiggity, and I need a group hug

Apr 2, 2019, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Lakebum, Tiggity, and I need a group hug ]

Hey JoeG, eeyore is in that pic

Apr 2, 2019, 4:08 PM

Is that me?

josephg®

lulz

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lakebum, Tiggity, and I need a group hug***

Apr 2, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Lakebum, Tiggity, and I need a group hug ]

Hurry sheet.

Apr 2, 2019, 10:23 PM

Some of yall... smh, man. My wife cooks, cleans the whole house... everything, and helps with about 25% of the yardwork. She takes the kids to school 90% of the time... bathes them 90% of the time, has handles all of the adoption paperwork. Does homeschooling with both... one kid is in pre-k classes 2 days a week and the other has one day a week of homeschool coop. She homeschooled some to see how it would go if that is the route we take.

Now granted, I work... hard. But dang if she didn't do what she does, I wouldn't be able to do what I do. I dont know how yall handle some of that crap.

First pregnancy, she cut the grass 3 weeks before delivery... with a push mower.

Your wife is probably on a baby-names message board

Apr 3, 2019, 11:12 AM

right now lakebum'ing the f out you

Hurry sheet.

Apr 2, 2019, 10:23 PM

Some of yall... smh, man. My wife cooks, cleans the whole house... everything, and helps with about 25% of the yardwork. She takes the kids to school 90% of the time... bathes them 90% of the time, has handles all of the adoption paperwork. Does homeschooling with both... one kid is in pre-k classes 2 days a week and the other has one day a week of homeschool coop. She homeschooled some to see how it would go if that is the route we take.

Now granted, I work... hard. But dang if she didn't do what she does, I wouldn't be able to do what I do. I dont know how yall handle some of that crap.

First pregnancy, she cut the grass 3 weeks before delivery... with a push mower.

Replies: 27
| visibility 673
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic