Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The little league baseball team I coach won the championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

The little league baseball team I coach won the championship

Feb 12, 2019, 10:01 AM

last season. We won the title game by 9 runs, so after the game I told my team NOT to say "good game" while shaking hands. The fact of the matter is, the other team did not play a good game, they stunk, and I'm not going to teach kids to lie.

Several parents thanked me for that afterwards at the team pizza party.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: The little league baseball team I coach won the championship

Feb 12, 2019, 10:03 AM

Is it even legal for you to be around young children?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Feb 12, 2019, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Feb 12, 2019, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: The little league baseball team I coach won the championship ]

yes, as long as the game is not within 400 yards of a public park or school.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 10:08 AM

Why would you put your team down in that way?

If they didn't play a good game then you are saying the other team is the reason that your team won by 9 runs.

If you tell the other team that they did play a good game, then you are letting them know that they are no match for your team.

I always have my players tell the other team "your best wasn't good enough" to make sure the other team knows to not even try next time.

In my opinion, this is the best way to teach kids who are not good enough to avoid trying and being embarrassed in the future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The little league baseball team I coach won the championship***

Feb 12, 2019, 12:57 PM

Feb 12, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The little league baseball team I coach won the championship ]

I hope you are kidding..you should be barred from coaching...

Feb 12, 2019, 10:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Where did you find a picture of my starting 11 year old

Feb 12, 2019, 10:12 AM

pitcher?

The best news in your post is that, by winning a little

Feb 12, 2019, 10:46 AM

league championship as a coach, you are now qualified to criticize everything Monte Lee does because you have demonstrated your level of baseball expertise. Kind of like coachmac in basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I seriously doubt he's coached a championship team.***

Feb 12, 2019, 10:52 AM

Its great to have a coach at that level not giving in to the participation trophy mentality.

Feb 12, 2019, 11:24 AM

You probably have no idea the kind of positive lasting impact you will have on these kids down the road.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you feel about crushing the other teams hopes and

Feb 12, 2019, 12:21 PM

dreams?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

I don't follow?***

Feb 12, 2019, 12:33 PM

Glad my son doesn't play for you.

Feb 12, 2019, 12:43 PM

He shouldn't be shaking hands with LOSERS!

Bet they'll only be ranked #3 in the first preseason poll***

Feb 12, 2019, 2:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make sure you keep in contact with them.

Feb 12, 2019, 9:24 PM

I imagine a few of them will be playing at a University near here some day.

You might get a few free tickets to one of their intramural games one day.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic