Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression

Aug 10, 2016, 7:05 AM

Of the D. Other than they have chemistry, I keep hearing they are getting beat. With exception of a few players who have stood out. Please someone tell me they will be ok. I really want us ready for Auburn. I'm kinda worried.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression

Aug 10, 2016, 7:09 AM

Tiger pulse of 46% for a reason.

How is the progression of your coot defense without Skai? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 7:14 AM

Oh I forgot, some of you are incapable of talking about anything that isn't sunshine and rainbows 24/7.

Aug 10, 2016, 7:16 AM

You just confirmed my statement. No biggie, we dont ban coots like FGF, we just tolerate them.

Youd get more football talk out of the people if you guys actually admitted you are usc fans instead of coming over
in disguise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 7:28 AM

You guys keep saying that. The real funny part of that is this all started because of one or two trolls on here and the rest of you followed like little children. I'm as big a Clemson fan as there is and yet you guys have been repeatedly insulting for no reason other than your own ignorance. It's like a bunch of virtual bullies hiding behind there little computers. And half of you claim to have a college degree which is quite funny.

Most times I just ignore you because obviously some of you are just here troll and only seem to live to try and make others miserable. I assume it's because your own lives are that bad. As far as my pulse, some of you are so sad that u spend all your days thumbs downing every post I've ever made regardless of content, which makes the pulse worthless. And you do it to others as well.

Hate to break it to you but I'm hardly the problem here and most intelligent people know it.

Aug 10, 2016, 7:51 AM

And yet you hide behind a user name. If you are a fan let us know who you really are. Bet you will never do that!

Aug 10, 2016, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression ]

Hahahahahaha, dude, there arent any problems here. You think way too much of yourself.

Tell em, coot!***

Aug 10, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression ]

If you're going to attack others about their college degrees, you probably need to spell correctly.

It is their, not there. It is you, not u.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My computer is biger then yours

Aug 10, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression ]

just saying

+1 for admitting your a tiger fan, the first step

Aug 10, 2016, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression ]

I understand being a little worried about the Defense. They are our biggest concern. However I think that with experience on the line, some experience at lb and in the backfield (not enough), and with some freak athletes on our roster, I think we'll be ok. We will rely on our offense to score a lot of points. Especially in the first half of the season. However, I think bv has done an amazing job in the last few years and I feel confident that daily practicing against arguably the best offense in the country and game time exposure, we will be a top 20 and hopefully top 10 defense by the conf championship. I do think again that we need offense to score a lot of points against ga tech, fsu, Louisville, and perhaps auburn to win. I think end of season our defense will be good enough gobbled win even tighter games. IMO

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression ]

You aren't being called a coot because one or two trolls started doing it for no reason. You get called a coot because of the content of your posts, which are all obviously trying to get a reaction from your rival school. Do you honestly think you hide it well?

Aug 10, 2016, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression ]

No, it started because we were in the middle of our best season in 35 years (possibly ever) and all you did was make negative posts and it pissed most people off. You are very annoying and many people have told you this. It's obvious that nobody wants to have a conversation with you, we don't like you. Not everything has to be sunshine and rainbows, there are plenty of people that post stuff for discussion. 90% of your posts are negative #### or thinly veiled back handed complimentents. People have already told you that they don't want to discuss anything with you, the fact that you haven't started over with a new name shows that you either enjoy being called a coot, or are truly a coot troll.

If you are not a coot then you are truly one of the worst Clemson fans I've ever come across. If you couldn't be happy with the team last season and are still "worried" about #### when we are ranked #2 then there is no hope for you. To be honest I don't know how you didn't just jump off a building years ago because you don't seem capable of joy.

Aug 10, 2016, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression ]

"The real funny part of that is this all started because of one or two trolls on here" - No, you have a history of these 'woe is us' posts. You have zero confidence in the school you claim to support

"Most times I just ignore you because obviously some of you are just here troll" - You have yet to respond to anyone else in the thread who gave you a reasonable answer, which leans toward your true intent is meant to provoke.

"some of you are so sad that u spend all your days thumbs downing every post I've ever made regardless of content" - Only donors can TD, and I doubt they spend that money waiting for you to make a new post.

"Hate to break it to you but I'm hardly the problem here" - I know actual Clemson fans that are dumpers that get TD'd less than you, because they show their support. You don't show any, beyond 'Oh no, the defense isn't winning! We're doomed! I'm scared!'
when you know that if the defense was winning, you'd insist the offense has taken a step back and our Oline isn't as good as being reported.

Clemson

It's early, so....

Aug 10, 2016, 7:15 AM

I'll just chalk your comments up to not enough coffee, yet. As far as the defense, with the talent we have, experience is all that's missing and we won't need that until the Louisville game(@home). You go get a "Big Gulp" of Java, maybe it'll help your thinking.

Is it surprising

Aug 10, 2016, 7:57 AM

That even the Clemson D has a hard time stopping No. 4 and his group of skill guys!?
Practicing against Watson every day will help the defense improve as the year goes on.
I'm guessing that the Auburn offense will be a little less effective than the real Tigers

Repeat after me - very slowly:

Aug 10, 2016, 7:16 AM

The best offense college football has ever seen.

Re: Repeat after me - very slowly:

Aug 10, 2016, 7:18 AM

Columbiatiger couldnt have said it any better. Clemson has the most explosive offense in college football. Anyone who doesnt expect even OUR defense to get burned by them doesnt have a clue.

Aug 10, 2016, 7:25 AM

if you, eyeofthetiger, knew all of that then why is he concerned about our D? I think our D just needs experience. they're talented and will "gel" soon enough.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Repeat after me - very slowly: ]

This just makes me smile so much. We have the potential to score almost every time we get the ball. There isn't a single player on our offense that shouldn't at least get a good shot in the NFL. I'm so excited.

SPOT THE #### BALL!!

Boy....you sure do scare easy. .

Aug 10, 2016, 7:21 AM

If a contest of football worries you, You better never watch the original shinning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

BV hasn't been happy with the D in camp.... ever

Aug 10, 2016, 7:23 AM

he was the same way the last two or three years. The other team is going to make plays, and most of us don't get to see the other 1hr59min of practice.

Re: BV hasn't been happy with the D in camp.... ever

Aug 10, 2016, 7:30 AM

Brent's just trying to catch up to the offense. Usually the early returns in Fall camp favor the defense because the offense has to work on blocking angles and timing. This year is different. The offense is on "go" and ready. As good as the defense is - and the front 7 is very good, with a secondary that will grow into good - the offense is just that much better.

This is the season we've all waited to see.

Re: BV hasn't been happy with the D in camp.... ever

Aug 10, 2016, 10:49 AM

+1

Aug 10, 2016, 7:25 AM

We will be fine. We probably had a blitz call with the safties in the box on the 99 yard run and the O made a block and maybe a missed tackle or somebody over ran the ball. We have always given up big plays sometimes. Tho that 2014 D was pretty consistent. I think we will be just as good as last year of not a little better. The only spot I'm worried at all about is at CB but I think Mullen could hold it down. We will be okay. Yes Auburn will score some but they will be forced in some 3 and outs and some big TFLs and sacks along with a couple of TOs. 38-21 if it is even that close.

Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression***

Aug 10, 2016, 7:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression***

Aug 10, 2016, 3:21 PM

ROFL....my side hurts from laughing so hard!
POTD!!

I would also consider they are going against the best

Aug 10, 2016, 7:44 AM

1. offensive line in America

2. WR group in America

3. collection of RBs in America

4....and #4

Re: I would also consider they are going against the best

Aug 10, 2016, 8:05 AM

The OP is trying to play the sky is falling, and thats what coots do for the most part. Their ship is continuing to sink and their attempt to spread ANY type of negativity gets met with a wall and they dont like it. eyeofthetiger is LONG known as being a coot. He can cry TIGER all he wants to but too many times, he has been caught. We understand they have nothing to cheer for during football season. Im willing to bet they sit in their chairs on Saturdays watching Clemson games and cheering for the other team to beat them. Who wants to watch their disaster?

dont worry Muschump will boost up with some

Aug 10, 2016, 8:14 AM

2 stars

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: dont worry Muschump will boost up with some

Aug 10, 2016, 8:28 AM

FWIW, I'm worried about our D too.

We did not play great D last year, giving up 45 to Bama, 37 to UNC, 32 to South Carolina and 27 to Sryacuse. That's giving up too many points. We lost some good players on D from last year and we are calling on some new guys to be major contributors. So I'm worried about out Defense too.

Yaknow if you bask in the glow of last years 14-1 record and National Title Game finish, you can get really warm and fuzzy about our Tigers. If you go back and look at each of the games from last year, you can see ways we could have lost last year and can lose this year.

So I'm worried about the D too. And I am over the top concerned about our return kicking game; we were one of the worst teams in the country at that. As BV says we stunk that up last year.

Over a third of our pre Auburn practices are over. We must get better and do it quickly or we'll make those guys without a lake feel too good about themselves.

Nervous Nellie

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We only gave up too many points to one team last season.

Aug 10, 2016, 8:37 AM

HTH you feel better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: LOL, "D not progressing" says the coot, hahahahaha***

Aug 10, 2016, 8:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Tell em, coot!

Aug 10, 2016, 8:35 AM

63-17!!!
23-22!!!

Don't Forget 45-0, and Nobowla....***

Aug 10, 2016, 1:34 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 8:44 AM

I feel like it is a combination of some inexperience on defense and our offense being really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really good.
Whatever problems the defense have, they will have great practice and film to learn from going against our first team offense.

Aug 10, 2016, 9:04 AM

They will be okay. Alabama didn't contain our offense last year much either, and we are better now than then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll let Dabo know about your concerns.***

Aug 10, 2016, 9:14 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

The problem isn't the doubt, but the presentation...

Aug 10, 2016, 9:26 AM

After the number of defenders we've sent to the NFL the past couple of years, it would indeed be Pollyanic to assume we'd be able to just step right back up. And given our offense could well be one of the best in ACC, let alone Clemson history, it stands to reason the word from fall practice is one of "things take time."

I'd suggest a more specific area of question/concern, rather than a general sense of "we're doomed!" What specifically worries you? Personnel? It shouldn't ... this defense is loaded with guys who are going to make life miserable for opponents for the next few years.

Try to give folks specifics to reply to rather than generalities, and they'll be able to reply specifically, rather than a general TD ... and general comments about wearing feathers.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, however, in this case I have a feeling the OP was

Aug 10, 2016, 9:37 AM

worded carefully, for maximum effect.

Could be ... just giving the benefit of the doubter.***

Aug 10, 2016, 9:40 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with that.

Aug 10, 2016, 10:00 AM

Have a good one Rev.

A few days ago, somebody asked where all the dumpers had

Aug 10, 2016, 9:40 AM

gone.

Well, we just found Lead Dumper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 10, 2016, 9:52 AM

So sad OP is still trying to keep up this charade.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

cocklovers

Aug 10, 2016, 9:55 AM

have no self esteem or self respect so they make it up as they go along. idiots

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Let's break down your post so you can understand why...

Aug 10, 2016, 10:12 AM

everyone thinks you are a Coot McCootpants.

Mistake #1: "So far, I'm not feeling good about the progression of the D." - This indicates you have insider information and that you are at the practices, watching them fail, all with ZERO proof you have more information that anyone else on the boards. Everything I personally have seen on the defensive side of the ball has been encouraging. Brent Venables, when talking about the defense, seems to be pushing back a smile as to not seem overly excited about how they are progressing and here you are saying you are NOT feeling good?

Mistake #2: "I really want us ready for Auburn. I'm kinda worried." - This statement is absolutely ridiculous. You are basically saying the Auburn team that has QB issues, lost their starting running back, lost their starting Wide Receiver, and went 7-6 last season with a bowl win is going to give our defense a tougher test than what they practice against daily. This statement is either COMPLETELY IGNORANT of what Clemson has on the offensive side of the ball or it is a direct attempt at trying to rile up your rivals on their internet boards. Either way, not smart to post about it if you want people to take you seriously as a REAL CLEMSON FAN.

Mistake #3: You are an obvious reincarnation of babaganoush.

This being your second or third attempt at an account, I would just hang it up. You sir are failing miserably at this whole forum thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Re: Let's break down your post so you can understand why...

Aug 10, 2016, 10:47 AM

yep 100% bagadouche

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

ha +1

Aug 10, 2016, 10:54 AM

Aug 10, 2016, 10:52 AM

They have to defend the best offense in the country everyday in practice. Once the season starts they won't see an offense close to what they go against now.

Deer babagadoosh

Aug 10, 2016, 11:02 AM

Are you still concerned about the "real" depth charts??

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Huh? You sound like someone who has

Aug 10, 2016, 11:04 AM

never played a down of football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 10, 2016, 11:33 AM

If you are serious in your question, I'll give you some reasons not to worry...

1) The defense is playing against the best QB, the best WR group, arguably the best RB group and the best overall total offense in the nation - why would you not expect the defense to struggle a bit against this offense? Remember - this is basically the same offense that torched the best college defense ever fielded (according to the media) for 450+ yards in the National Championship game.

2) The defense has a lot of talent, but they are young. If you expect them to light up our experienced offense six days into fall camp then I'll have some of what you are smoking.

3) Our defense will be better than good by the Auburn game - they will be great. Steel sharpens steel and practicing against our offense will result in our defense being one of the best in the country. Remember how Mitch Hyatt struggled in pre-season practice against Shaq Lawson. Hyatt gradually got better and by the end of camp was holding his own against Lawson. Hyatt had the talent but it was Lawson's "steel" in practice that got Hyatt to the level of play that made him a Freshman All American.

4) Venables is a very good, if not the best, defensive coordinator and will put a good product on the field. Have a little faith - we are only six days into camp with a good mix of youth and talent on defense. If Venables has proven anything - he will have these boys ready to go by September 3.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 12:00 PM

You need to call a doctor and get your heart checked.

Aug 10, 2016, 12:23 PM

I'm feeling the same way, EyeoftheTiger. This has been my biggest concern coming in the season. All I can think about is OJ Howard for Alabama exploiting our secondary for over 200 yards, time and time again. I think Tankersley can get it done, but I've never even heard of the other guys.

Aug 10, 2016, 12:46 PM

I think we will be fine. Plenty of talent + venables. Don't have to be perfect with our offense, but its natural to be nervous about the opener in Auburn. I feel good about our chances. But it's the first game, In a hostile environment, Against a talented team. Can't get too comfortable.

Don't worry about the progression of your D....

Aug 10, 2016, 12:50 PM

It will grow eventually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 12:55 PM

What is that based on? Have you been at practices or are you just going based on practice reports and your own assumptions? 4 and 5 star talent everywhere and the best defensive coordinator in college football on the sideline... worst case scenario we are an average defense, but with Deshaun and company on offense all they'll need to do is give up less than 40 a game and we win 10 games no problem.

Of course they're getting beat.

Aug 10, 2016, 1:13 PM

There isn't a defense in the country that would be 'ahead' of this offense at this point in camp. Too much experienced depth and talent.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have no fear. Our D will stiffen up!

Aug 10, 2016, 3:04 PM

Look, it's like this. I voiced a somewhat similar sorta kinda concern the other day, but let's just say worded much differently. Defense USUALLY gets ready faster than offenses BUT, in this case, our offensive team has played together for 2 seasons for most part, and a lot of new pieces in the Defense.

I would also state that as good as the Defense was in 14, and 15 at times, this year's team has MUCH more talent. More speed, more length, everything is upside. And last I checked, a pretty good crew coaching them up. I think long term we will be fine. I will admit this however. As awesome as our O is, the thought of having CDS come out one day after practice, and say that the Defense smothered the O at practice today would give me a bit of the fantasy feels!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 3:18 PM

Dude...you are hilarious! Non of your efforts at trolling can change 3-9! ROFL

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic