Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we really win in Athens?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Can we really win in Athens?

Aug 19, 2014, 12:32 AM

I look at the schedule and UGA, FSU, and SC really worry me. I want to win every game and I think we've become accustomed to winning every game we should and also some games we are the underdog in. Are you guys really confident we are going to march into Athens and lay the wood and let the defense set the tone?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we really win in Athens?

Aug 19, 2014, 12:39 AM

I expect to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely***

Aug 19, 2014, 12:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Yes, and on Monday, Sept 1

Aug 19, 2014, 12:45 AM

Tigers will be in Top 10.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, and on Monday, Sept 1

Aug 19, 2014, 12:51 AM

Uga has to many holes great college teams are more solid then just great at a position or two. If your dbs are weak makes your whole defense weak.

Aug 19, 2014, 1:47 AM

Clemson will have to play well but no reason y'all can't win there.

Aug 19, 2014, 1:49 AM

This one can go either way.. but the best team will win. I am a Georgia fan, but I make no excuses and do not have a need to talk trash. If our team is better, they will prove it. Good luck! Looking forward to an awesome Game 1 again this year.

Aug 19, 2014, 5:48 AM

I think we should be favored to win the game . Dawgs defense is dicey , even last year when they were a more veteran team.
They are kinda one dimensional offensively with their run game. Now the RBs and OL are good , but our defense will be ready for that I am certain. Its Mason vs our secondary , that is the winning edge for either team .
Turnovers are critical . Protect the ball and you win this game. 30-24 Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 19, 2014, 10:03 AM

> I think we should be favored to win the game . Dawgs
> defense is dicey , even last year when they were a
> more veteran team.
> They are kinda one dimensional offensively with their
> run game. Now the RBs and OL are good , but our
> defense will be ready for that I am certain. Its
> Mason vs our secondary , that is the winning edge for
> either team .
> Turnovers are critical . Protect the ball and you win
> this game. 30-24 Tigers

UGA returned 2 starters on defense last year... we were not a more veteran team on defense in the least. Much more depth and experience returning on Defense this year....

...including 3 starters in the secondary from the end of 2013... so DBs are not as thin as many keep suggesting.

Should be a good game regardless. I expect a tough game from Clemson.

Aug 19, 2014, 11:13 AM

This game does not not have to be close. Give Stoudt some easy reads and completions early(tight ends, screens) spread it around, fast and efficient until they break in second half.

Take the crowd out of it.

No defensive busts on the ground, and we shut down the run game. Nasty cats on D do their part up front. Hutson Mason isn't beating us with his arm. He won't have time to.

34-17 Tigers. If it was at home 41-14.

Aug 19, 2014, 2:04 PM

I respect that you think the tigers have a good chance at winning. However holding the dawgs to 17 points at home is not going to happen. I think you have a very solid football team with a stout defense, but I think you have to be more realistic with your expectations. You should be hoping for a 3 point win in this away game, but just my opinion. I hope it is a great game, and look forward to next Saturday. It will be a great measuring stick for both teams. Good luck!

Aug 19, 2014, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Can we really win in Athens? ]

Yeah sure you can win a @$$ whipping! !

Aug 19, 2014, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we really win in Athens? ]

> I think we should be favored to win the game . Dawgs
> defense is dicey , even last year when they were a
> more veteran team.
> They are kinda one dimensional offensively with their
> run game. Now the RBs and OL are good , but our
> defense will be ready for that I am certain. Its
> Mason vs our secondary , that is the winning edge for
> either team .
> Turnovers are critical . Protect the ball and you win
> this game. 30-24 Tigers

What gives you the idea that UGA will not be a solid passing team?

Aug 19, 2014, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we really win in Athens? ]

> I think we should be favored to win the game.

But we're not, and that is what worries me. Not to be the Debby Downer, but Vegas doesn't pick favorites on a whim. They researched it pretty well. I realize that the first game is sometimes hard to predict when you've got 2 quality teams, but 8 is a lot of points. I think we'll win, but we're not the favorites, so we need to understand its going to be a real challenge.

Aug 19, 2014, 5:56 AM

Well #### yea we can win this game. The best why to stop a good running team is have the best front 7 in the land. Guess what we have that!

Even Coach Mort Rick says the Tigers will win.***

Aug 19, 2014, 6:05 AM

The pollsters think we have little chance; history says

Aug 19, 2014, 7:29 AM

the series in Athens favors the Dawgs; Vegas is betting on UGA; a lot of Tigers are shaky; everything we've read and heard for the past six months says that without Tajh and Sammy and with a "new" QB at the helm, we are doomed.

There is almost no reason to expect us to return to Georgia...and win.

Therefore, that is precisely what I expect us to do: march into Sanford Stadium and open up a can of whoop a$$ on the Dawgs the like of which will be unparalleled in the anuses of human history!

You know, I really pity those poor mutts....We're not going to just sashay onto their turf....We're going to steamroll in and rip out their living guts and use the drippings to grease the cleats on our shoes!

We're going to rip off their heads and cr@p down their throats! We're going to plow the field with those puppies from one end to the other...and use their dung to fertilize those hedges.

And 50 years from now, when you young folks are sitting next to the fire with your grandkids on your knees, and they ask where were you when Clemson curb stomped the Dawgs into oblivion on August 30, 2014...Well, you won't have to say, "I was shoveling sh*t in Louisiana." You'll be able to say, "I was right there in Sanford Stadium (or at home with my Clemson friends in front of the TV raising the roof) and yelling for my Tigers!"

Alright now, you SOB's...You know what to do. Get off your behinds, get F-O-C-U-S-E-D, and get ready:

THE WAR IS ON...THE TIGERS ARE COMING...AND WE'RE BRINGING H3LL WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(A little nod to that colorful General of Generals: George Smith Patton, Jr....and Kurt Russell. lol)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Extra-strength coffee...? +1.***

Aug 19, 2014, 8:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....Early morning get up and go....And now I've got to

Aug 19, 2014, 8:13 AM

get up and went! (Good morning, my good Friend!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mornin'... I liked your conversion.***

Aug 19, 2014, 8:18 AM

Re: The pollsters think we have little chance; history says

Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM [ in reply to The pollsters think we have little chance; history says ]

I'm sure you're joking. You're playing an improved UGA team. I expect it to be a hard-fought, close game. Clemson's defense is extremely tough but I see your offense as perhaps a little flat while UGA's defense is better than it was (because it was pretty bad last year). Mason has several targets to throw to. Gurley will get plenty of carries, sure, but they'll pass it a lot, that's the system. Have your fun and sure, Clemson could win it...why not? Nobody's disputing that but a Clemson blowout in Athens? No way. You won 38-35 last year and I think UGA is a little bit better this year. I can't predict the score but think it will be tight all the way to the end.

I was on the Clemson Cheerleading Team for three years;

Aug 20, 2014, 7:24 AM

go figure. lol

I agree: I think it'll be a tough road test, and a hard-fought game.

My only regret is that this game will end the series for a while, which is ridiculous considering the proximity of both. Next to our games with S.C., the ones against UGA have always been highly awaited.

Re: I was on the Clemson Cheerleading Team for three years;

Aug 20, 2014, 7:44 AM

You're a great ambassador for our school, Hartins.....but when I think of Clemson cheerleaders, I'm picturing a 20 y/o country gal with jiggly pom poms. Agree on the UGA rivalry....next to Carolina, I can think of no one I'd rather we demolish. It should be done every single yr.

Re: I was on the Clemson Cheerleading Team for three years;

Aug 20, 2014, 8:06 AM

Same back at cha!!

As long as we don't try to lose.***

Aug 19, 2014, 7:29 AM

Aug 19, 2014, 8:14 AM

Not only "can" we win, but I think we can win convincingly!

Not a blowout by any means. After all it IS Athens! A very hostile place to play. But 10+ is not out of the realm of possibility.

Bring that "total package" Tigers and GET IT DONE!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if we wear the all white road uniforms - then we have a chance

Aug 19, 2014, 8:21 AM

If orange pants then not so much

Yep!***

Aug 19, 2014, 8:28 AM

Does a fat kid hate gym class?

Aug 19, 2014, 11:15 AM

Can we win in Athens---

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2014, 12:18 PM

im more worried about our defense than the offense...secondary is what really bothers me!!!

I have no idea what will happen. Playing at a top 15 program

Aug 19, 2014, 12:29 PM

Is not easy. I wouldn't be shocked by anything.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no idea what will happen. Playing at a top 15 program

Aug 19, 2014, 1:02 PM

If we have less than 6 turnovers we win.

Re: I have no idea what will happen. Playing at a top 15 program

Aug 19, 2014, 1:50 PM

What is Clemson's record under Dabo when on the road vs. a ranked opponent?

Aug 19, 2014, 2:51 PM

Of course you can. Sanford is not the absolute toughest place to play, but it does seem like UGA wins more often than not having only lost to South Carolina in 2011 and Mizzou in 2013. I don't expect anything less than a heavyweight battle to the end.

Yes !!***

Aug 19, 2014, 3:55 PM

It's certainly possible....

Aug 19, 2014, 6:12 PM

but will be very difficult. Both defenses should have the upper hand. But the gap between UGA's offense to our defense won't be as large as the other way around.

I expect nothing less than a huge

Aug 20, 2014, 7:51 AM

shutout to avenge 2003. 38-0 Tigers!!!!!!

It's gonna be epic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic