Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Morris on Chad Kelly competing for a backup spot in the fall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Morris on Chad Kelly competing for a backup spot in the fall

Apr 4, 2012, 1:51 PM

Morris on Chad Kelly competing for a backup spot in the fall

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not exactly what I wanted to hear

Apr 4, 2012, 2:25 PM

We already have a problem with Kelly thinking he's the next best thing to ever step on our field and he took shots at Cole before. This might really case some problems.

It's called competition.***

Apr 4, 2012, 2:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm all for competition

Apr 4, 2012, 3:00 PM

but Kelly needs to grow up a bit. You don't take shots at your future teammates before ever stepping on the field and playing a game yet. It alienates you and as a QB he needs the entire team behind him.

more power to him..... I wish they all thought that way

Apr 4, 2012, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Not exactly what I wanted to hear ]

Get back to some head hunting, whether on the field, or in position battles.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not at th expense of team unity though

Apr 4, 2012, 3:02 PM

I'm all for healthy competetion, Nuk and Sammy are doing that right now as to who will return punts. Kelly came out and started taking shots at Cole before he even played a snap yet. Not a good move and this breeds dissension not comraderie

If Chad Kelly can come in and perform the team will not care

Apr 4, 2012, 3:16 PM

in the slightest if Cole Stoudt got his feelings hurt. At least not the ones who want to win. It sounds like Stoudt needed some motivation anyway, according to the coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to see Kelly get some snaps this year if he can

Apr 4, 2012, 3:18 PM

learn the offense and get some meaningful reps. He has the quick feet and the speed to make the quarterback a very legitimate running threat in Morris's offense. It would be a little something extra for teams to prepare for each week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree with that

Apr 4, 2012, 4:21 PM

He has all the talent in the world to be a great QB in this system, he's talior made for it anyway.

However, you stated earlier that if he came in a performed then the other players wouldn't care about Cole's feelings being hurt. I wasn't talkng about him causing dessension between he and Cole but the team itself. There is no better way to alienate yourself with your teammates then to call out one of them for no real reason and act like you're all that before proving it on the field.

If Kelly comes in and acts like it should be handed to him instead of earning it then the team won't be behind him.

Re: Not exactly what I wanted to hear

Apr 5, 2012, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Not exactly what I wanted to hear ]

I completely agree, can we let this snot nosed kid do something before we start putting together the depth chart, why does this feel like Willy Korn all over again?

Swag

Apr 4, 2012, 3:27 PM

He will get knocked down a peg or two but his future is bright here.

Redshirt him... Don't waste a year

Apr 4, 2012, 7:52 PM

He's not going to see the field except for worthless mop up duties if anything. No point in wasting a year of eligibility

Re: Redshirt him... Don't waste a year

Apr 4, 2012, 11:07 PM

Logic. No one will understand. But I do agree with the path of red shirting Kelly. I don't see anyone coming in or going out challenging Boyd as the starter. Red shirting Kelly will be the best for him, and for Clemson down the road. I see Boyd leading us to the NC next year. Goooooo Tigersssss!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Redshirt him... Don't waste a year

Apr 4, 2012, 8:08 PM

Agree

hope this lights a fire under Stoudt...want Kelly redshirted***

Apr 4, 2012, 8:12 PM

seriously tho

Apr 5, 2012, 12:21 AM

kelly is a high character kid

look I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not...

Apr 5, 2012, 7:54 AM

but I do not have a problem with Kelly. I want Kelly to be coached up before he steps on the field...

I know everyone makes fun of the kid's rap songs and his ego, but I know that the kid is a kid... and I know how I was when I was his age... people should stop sweating him. He'll grow up a little bit soon...

he's being sarcastic if that helps.***

Apr 5, 2012, 8:00 AM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic