Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To date, Monte has not proven anything
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

To date, Monte has not proven anything

Mar 17, 2019, 4:32 PM

To me except that we are very inconsistent. And have not won in post season. No excuse to lose thin weekend series at home.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A top 5 recruiting class

Mar 17, 2019, 4:33 PM

Doesn’t mean anything to you does it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A top 5 recruiting class

Mar 17, 2019, 4:38 PM

Was it really top 5? I didn't realize that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a very young team***

Mar 17, 2019, 4:39 PM

no, not in any poll I saw. about 11th***

Mar 17, 2019, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: A top 5 recruiting class ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

about as much as a Sweet 16 does to you***

Mar 17, 2019, 4:49 PM [ in reply to A top 5 recruiting class ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What service ranked Clemson with a top 5 class?

Mar 17, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to A top 5 recruiting class ]

Provide a link.

Re: To date, Monte has not proven anything

Mar 17, 2019, 4:34 PM

Did Monte commit those errors? I didn’t think so either. Quit posting BS like this

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 4:42 PM

Can’t make free throws. Fire Brownell.

Can’t bunt. Give Lee a raise.

I’m a little confused here

Mar 17, 2019, 4:44 PM

You have been confused for a long time

Mar 17, 2019, 6:47 PM

I knew that I couldn’t fool you. That’s why I tune in to tnet. The guidance you provide overwhelms me,

Mar 18, 2019, 7:44 AM

^^^ It's okay. He forgot to use ALL CAPS, so the insult does not officially count. Score in YOUR favor.

Mar 17, 2019, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: To date, Monte has not proven anything ]

Not this again! When a team is not successful it's on the coach. That is why we pay them what we do. That's the bottom line. It doesn't matter if the players miss a bunt, drop a ball, miss a free throw, miss a block or any of that. Brownell, Lee, and Swinney know that. It's on them period end of discussion!! They chose this profession and it's about championships!! That is it!

Mar 17, 2019, 5:49 PM

You obviously didn’t play sports growing up guy. A coach can’t control a player dropping the ball or throwing it 5 feet wide. You’re a joke if you think this whole game was on Monte

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 12:06 AM

A coach can’t make the plays for the players BUT he sure can determine if a team plays loose or not...his coaching style Is far from a players coach like Bobby Cox, Terry Francona, Don Mattingly or Mik Aoki of ND for that matter...Players reach full potential under coaches that treat their players with mutual respect...make eye contact with players when they strike out for instance! Watch Monte in dugout when a player walks back into dugout after a K....not a real encouraging demeanor! Not “get them next time”....baseball hitting and fielding are driven by confidence....the best coaches are ones like Bobby Cox...always talked to players after every at bat or after error when they come back into dugout!

Mar 18, 2019, 7:09 AM

I’m not the biggest monte lee fan in the world, but he is the very definition of a “players” coach. Everyone of his current and former players would say the same thing. I’m not sure how you came to the conclusion that he’s not a players coach, but you’re 100% wrong.

Mar 18, 2019, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Re: To date, Monte has not proven anything ]

A coach can’t make the plays for the players BUT he sure can determine if a team plays loose or not...his coaching style Is far from a players coach like Bobby Cox, Terry Francona, Don Mattingly or Mik Aoki of ND for that matter...Players reach full potential under coaches that treat their players with mutual respect...make eye contact with players when they strike out for instance! Watch Monte in dugout when a player walks back into dugout after a K....not a real encouraging demeanor! Not “get them next time”....baseball hitting and fielding are driven by confidence....the best coaches are ones like Bobby Cox...always talked to players after every at bat or after error when they come back into dugout!

Mar 17, 2019, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: To date, Monte has not proven anything ]

jeffro74 said:

Not this again! When a team is not successful it's on the coach. That is why we pay them what we do. That's the bottom line. It doesn't matter if the players miss a bunt, drop a ball, miss a free throw, miss a block or any of that. Brownell, Lee, and Swinney know that. It's on them period end of discussion!! They chose this profession and it's about championships!! That is it!

When you failed class, who did yo mama blame?

You’re kidding right??

Mar 17, 2019, 8:06 PM

“Yo Mama” blames you when you fail.

The rest of the world blames “yo mama” for raising a dumba$$!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hasn't errors been a real issue since he's been here?

Mar 18, 2019, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: To date, Monte has not proven anything ]

I'm not calling for anything bc i like Monte and hope he stays for a long time to work the kinks out but it seems like Errors have been a real problem in Jack's last year and ever since Monte's been here. What gives? Did the field renovations make the infield faster or something?

I agree somewhat, they p issed away the last 2 seasons with some good players.
I think after the UNC series, some people forget how young this team is. We are going to lose some games but this weekend was just bad baseball.
Monte gets a pass this year because of the rebuild but next year is make or break for him.
He will be our Coach for a long time so we will just have to see.

Were you saying the same things about Dabo when we lost 5 in a row to the coots. Some of you goobers are beyond moronic

I like Goobers...

Mar 17, 2019, 4:43 PM

chocolate covered!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like Goobers...

Mar 17, 2019, 6:13 PM

Tell him like it is LBB......Go Tigers!!!!

It's called baseball

Mar 17, 2019, 4:43 PM

Re: It's called baseball

Mar 17, 2019, 5:02 PM

“If you can’t see the difference in this team then you aren’t looking”

Ok......We are faster on the bases and hit a little better for now for avg but you can’t act like this team is drastically different from previous teams

We were a comedy of errors Leggett’s last few years

Mar 17, 2019, 6:16 PM

Re: We were a comedy of errors Leggett’s last few years

Mar 17, 2019, 6:36 PM

You’re comparing this team to former leggett teams? It makes more sense to compare this team to last year and year before with monte. We improved from year 1 to 2 statistically, not in the W category. From year 2 to 3 we dropped off tremendously at the plate but won 47 games. This year we’re hitting around .270. The improvement is there defensively no doubt. The hitting has potential. That potential needs to start coming out because the back half of the schedule is absolutely loaded

Mar 17, 2019, 4:57 PM

Nothing? Won ACC tournament his first year, first time in 10 years the program had won one. I'd say that's something

Playing the Irish on St Patricks Day weekend is no easy task

Mar 17, 2019, 5:06 PM

Especially after coming off a great week going 4-0 vs UNC and Coastal.

Re: Playing the Irish on St Patricks Day weekend is no easy task

Mar 17, 2019, 6:56 PM

No doubt that was a fun time but you see teams in conference tournaments recently not pitching their best guys twice because they need them full go for regionals instead of winning a conference tournament. That tells you conference tournaments are really most important for the teams who have to win it to make the ncaa’s. It’s reginals performances that matter

DA POST...***

Mar 17, 2019, 6:08 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 6:17 PM

We’re whining about basketball again right now!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky for him he doesn't have to prove anything to you.***

Mar 17, 2019, 6:18 PM

Mar 17, 2019, 6:50 PM

#### crybaby

Re: To date, Monte has not proven anything***

Mar 17, 2019, 7:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 7:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2019, 7:19 PM

Agree. We need to fire Monte, Brownell, and warn Dabo that he is on the hot seat if he loses a game this year. Enough is enough. NO losses should be the job-saving mantra for ALL coaches. Are you listening, DRAD??

Mar 17, 2019, 7:55 PM

Mar 17, 2019, 7:58 PM

Agree. Time to fire Monte, Brad and put Dabo on notice that he will be on the hot seat if he loses a game this season. Are you listening, DRAD? Tiger fans expect nothing but perfection!!!

I’m glad I don’t really care about baseball

Mar 18, 2019, 12:10 AM

(other than hoping Clemson wins) because I don’t have the energy to deal with this crap for two sports. Reading and responding to ridiculous basketball posts is exhausting enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I’m glad I don’t really care about baseball

Mar 18, 2019, 9:11 AM

Good. Bye

He hasn't been here that long

Mar 18, 2019, 3:55 AM

Give the guy time to build the program, then reassess. Dabo didn't do it overnight.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic