Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its been a helluva couple two days for TOTE1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 475

Its been a helluva couple two days for TOTE1

Mar 7, 2019, 3:31 PM

I took yesterday off work to get one last day of skiing in with the fam. Decided I'd take them up to Beech b/c they've never been and that place will be dead on a Wednesday. As predicted it was like RH Tig had murdered everyone in Banner Elk as that place was dead.

We pull into the parking lot and Jr realizes he's forgotten his goggles. Im tempted to teach him a lesson and let him ski w/o them but my tender heart just caved as I told him we'd buy a new pair. As Im telling him this daughterof hops out of the car in 15 degree wear announcing she's left her jacket at home. MF'er. So $235 later we have a new jacket and goggles. My $150 day has turned into $400 but whatevs lets go ski.

Shredded the gnar. It was good day skiing aside from them blowing snow. Everyone gets in their last runs of the year and head home. Walk in to find the house is pretty damm cold. The furnace won't turn on. I climbed up in the attic to turn the light switch connected to it off and back on and it kicks......for an hour. HVAC dude comes out this morning requiring $600 to replace whatever's broken on it.

Then I get to work this morning to find out a dolt has deleted a customer's backup that Im using to resolve some problems. The customer stays super pissy at us 24/7 so this helped a lot with PR.

Being at adult sucks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds like a dream vacation.

Mar 7, 2019, 3:34 PM

Murdering everyone in Banner Elk, I mean of course.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had it not come with an overpriced....price tag

Mar 7, 2019, 4:12 PM

I would agree

I'm not worried about extra costs.

Mar 7, 2019, 4:14 PM

I never go anywhere without my murder jacket and murder goggles anyway.

What about your functioning furnace?

Mar 7, 2019, 4:25 PM

I debated not getting the furnace fixed right now as the cold weather is supposed to be moving out. I caved on that too.

Had you called for advice, I would have told you that a

Mar 7, 2019, 4:31 PM

55 gallon fire barrel in the living room both provides heat, and promotes family togetherness from huddling around said aforementioned fire barrel. Plus, the added benefit of teaching kids responsibility in not letting the fire go out over the course of a cold, cold night.

I blame the parent

Mar 7, 2019, 4:26 PM

for not having all of the gear

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

TOTE1 could definitely improve his helicoptering skills.

Mar 7, 2019, 4:33 PM

I give him a 2/5 and have placed a note in his permanent file to check for improvement at his next performance review.

Should have learned my lesson that time I let a jounger

Mar 7, 2019, 4:35 PM

lose TOTE1 Jr at VomitFest

That's not the way I remember that story.

Mar 7, 2019, 4:42 PM

Seems to me, it was TOTE1 Jr. that lost drunken (is there any other kind?) 19B®, and not the other way around TOTE Jr. was probably ALWAYS the better bet to find his way back over 19B, at least as the experts in Vegas handicapped it.

I will NEVER allow another Junger's kid to take care of me

Mar 8, 2019, 8:01 AM

at the spring game. That was VERY disappointing, TOTE. I thought you raised your children better than this. I could have gotten seriously killed out there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can barely raise myself

Mar 8, 2019, 11:01 AM

They can feed and wipe themselves. Im pretty sure I've done my due diligence

I think I was about 40 when I reach an epiphany.

Mar 8, 2019, 6:11 AM

I realized every time I tried to save a dollar one of the kids would need a doctor's visit, dentist for braces or the car would be in need of repair. Sometime it was just clothes, school fees and gas price increases. No matter what, I was always broke.

Being a faithful member of Arial Bapt in Easley and director of discipleship training I decided to exercise my power and position with GOD. So I asked, not to challenge his direction in my life but to understand why a man who worked so hard to care for family and fulfill my obligations to him, I was always hand to mouth.

Believe it or not his words were soft but firm. 'Be thankful it's not empty when it gets there.' So, now I'm thankful but I still whine. Mostly, he ignores me.

Welcome to life.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thankfully I am able to pay for everything and currently

Mar 8, 2019, 11:04 AM

not live hand to mouth.

Update on the HVAC....since the guy went up and tinkered with the furnace its been chugging along since, so Im holding off on the maintenance for the time being.

Had no idea Tote1's kids were homeschooled

Mar 8, 2019, 6:39 AM

or feral children.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait you don't randomly take your klan out of school

Mar 8, 2019, 11:00 AM

for the day?

PERFECT ATTENDANCE

Mar 8, 2019, 11:09 AM

Probably will not continue now that I have said it out loud. We aint missed a day in 2 years, IIRC.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That goes on their PERMANENT RECORD***

Mar 8, 2019, 11:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 475
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic