Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's amazing how fast fans turn on a Clemson player
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

It's amazing how fast fans turn on a Clemson player

May 17, 2018, 2:43 PM

with no information other than what was released by the player and Dabo.

Best of luck Josh Belk.

Geez

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never played a down at Clemson

May 17, 2018, 2:45 PM

Hth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's amazing how fast fans turn on a Clemson player

May 17, 2018, 2:46 PM

UH HE AINT A CLEMSON PLAYER. BUT I GET YOUR POINT. THE MOT IS GONNA ALWAYS BE THE MOT

Re: It's amazing how fast a recruit can turn on his program

May 17, 2018, 2:49 PM

he chose to look at its own rival, while saying it is to be close to home, while talking to Tennessee, 2 states away.

That can be played both ways.

I don't see how we can have it both ways

May 17, 2018, 2:52 PM

If we (as a school, and as a team/fanbase/coaching staff that represent that school) preach that we care more about the person that a player is and that we care for what is actually the best for them and not just what they can do for us on the field, then this presents a perfect test case for that.

I don't see how I need more information than "Player X has decided, due to entirely personal reasons involving his family, that it is in his his best interest to go elsewhere and the staff wishes him the best."

So be it, shake his hand, wish him well, and move on with who is still here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see how we can have it both ways

May 17, 2018, 2:57 PM

That works...if lies/deception aren't present. But to state a release is wanted due to "family health reasons" then to talk with and potentially entertain a school 2 states apart from said unhealthy family...that doesn't exactly put it in the fans hands to accept the deception.

Agree, something's not adding up.***

May 17, 2018, 3:15 PM

Or, we can choose to just take him at his word

May 17, 2018, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't see how we can have it both ways ]

I don't know the details.
I don't need to know the details.

If Dabo says its a personal family matter, then that's good enough for me.

And in the end, what does it really matter?

He's going to be heading elsewhere. I hope he finds success wherever that is (unless, of course he is playing us), and its much easier (to me) to just wish him well then to try and dissect and question his motives.

Just my view on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or maybe take his lawyer's word.

May 17, 2018, 6:19 PM

This doesn't sound like it was just due to a health issue that just came up...lawyers even states he don't think it happened on a whim.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article211334489.html

"The fact that Belk is being represented by a lawyer also raised eyebrows, but Stubbs said he got involved simply to help out a local kid.

Belk and Stubbs were at a local event when Belk approached Stubbs and told him that he was considering transferring but that he did not know much about the process and how it works.

The two had spoken only briefly before, but Belk knew Stubbs was a lawyer and went to him for advice.

“I was like, ‘I think I want to help this kid with this process.’ I did a little bit of research, and I did see that sometimes it can be an uphill battle … We just started meeting a little bit and I told him I’d do everything I could to take care of him. His whole decision process was very thought out. I don’t think it happened on a whim. I think it had been months in the making. I just felt that if my kid was in that position, I would want someone to also help him,” Stubbs said. “He didn’t know what all it would entail, and, to be honest with you, I didn’t know either. I had to do research.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article211334489.html#storylink=cpy

His reason for leaving has been exposed

May 17, 2018, 3:02 PM [ in reply to I don't see how we can have it both ways ]

Had he been truthful about a legit reason, you wouldn't see any of this. Oh and then there's the possibility he lawyered up to strong arm Dabo into granting him a unconditional release on false pretenses....

Carolina is involved.

I hadn't heard that Carolina was involved

May 17, 2018, 3:05 PM

just the coots and Tennessee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carolina is involved.

May 17, 2018, 2:55 PM

Wrong. The tar holes have not been mentioned.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. At the least wait for the facts.*****

May 17, 2018, 2:57 PM

Re: I agree. At the least wait for the facts.*****

May 17, 2018, 3:08 PM

What facts would that be? He is already quoted by the state that he has talked to Tenn.

I thought he said Tenn has been in contact with him and not.

May 17, 2018, 3:15 PM

that he reached out to TN. He didn't say he was even considering TN either.

Re: I thought he said Tenn has been in contact with him and not.

May 17, 2018, 3:40 PM

He did in fact say "I don't know" when asked if he had any plans to visit Tennessee....that's as good as saying he has them still under consideration FWIW.

Maybe his ability to go to USCjr is still not a lock.*****

May 17, 2018, 3:43 PM

Re: Maybe his ability to go to USCjr is still not a lock.*****

May 17, 2018, 4:10 PM

So then the Charlotte 49ers becomes an option....Coastal Carolina....South Carolina State...heck, University of Georgia....all are closer than Knoxville.

Maybe UGA hasn't contacted him like TN has.

May 17, 2018, 4:38 PM

He also still may want to play major football as opposed to Winthrop etc. I am calling he wants USCjr and it is a done deal if he is allowed. It's just up in the air until it happens.

May 17, 2018, 3:41 PM [ in reply to I thought he said Tenn has been in contact with him and not. ]

Think, if your plans were to "stay close to home due to a family illness"...would you be talking to Tennessee 2 states away from that home, or state "I don't know" when asked about potentially visiting them? There's the issue.

Maybe his goal is to be close to home...

May 17, 2018, 3:45 PM

and he is a lock to go to USCjr if he gets in and all is cleared, but if not he will have to weigh options?

Re: Maybe his goal is to be close to home...

May 17, 2018, 4:16 PM

Power 5 schools closer than Tennessee:
UGA
UNC
NC State
Wake Forest
Georgia Tech
Duke
NC State

^That's why people would question....Tennessee, if you want to "stay closer to home"??

True, but maybe he isn't really considering TN.

May 17, 2018, 4:40 PM

Maybe he is figuring things out still.

May 17, 2018, 4:24 PM [ in reply to I thought he said Tenn has been in contact with him and not. ]

From what I read UT contacted Belk, not the other way around. Belk needs to return home and Clemson fans simply need to let the entire process run it’s course whatever the outcome.

Should the ACC and NCAA get involved? I would hope Clemson’s legal team has directly contacted the family attorney for specific proof of “family health,” but Federal guidelines for patient privacy likely would be involved.

Otherwise it is time to move forward.

Go Tigers!

Honestly...

May 17, 2018, 2:59 PM

Best thing to do now, turn our attention to the players we have left.
I am sure that's what the current players and coaches would want.
Heck, I see it opening the door for a BIG TIME DT in the 019 class.

Re: Honestly...

May 17, 2018, 3:11 PM

I just hope he hasn’t shared any info stored on the Clemson provided iPads with the enemy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's additional information in today's State paper

May 17, 2018, 3:14 PM

Says he's still open as to where he's going, although he's been speaking with Lance Thompson.

I AM A CLEMSON FAN not a Player Fan!

May 17, 2018, 3:20 PM

If a player does something stupid then my loyalty comes with conditions. My loyalty does not falter towards the school or the program. Players are individuals and every man can be replaced in my opinion. I'm all about the Paw, The Hill, The Rock, and The Strong Tradition Of Football Excellence at Clemson University. If a player becomes disloyal to the program then he is owed nothing but a good riddance in my opinion. Especially if he is transferring to our in state rivals. I wish him nothing but agony on the South Carolina Gamecocks. I want him to regret every second of his decision, but I want him to regret it most when he takes a final glimpse of the scoreboard when Clemson plays the Coots. I want his entire tenure at USuCk jr to taste like Orange and White victory and Garnet and Black defeat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: I AM A CLEMSON FAN not a Player Fan!

May 17, 2018, 3:31 PM

Ding ding ding, I agree with your take Sir. Also when it has been stated numerous times by beat writers that cover only Clemson that he tried to quit during the Spring numerous times and was talked to by Swinney each time in to sticking it out then I have to question the validity of Belk's reasoning. You mean to tell me Dabo didn't care about him or his family earlier in the Spring? If it was health issues relating to his family Dabo would have given him his release months ago when he tried to walk away the first time. Something went on but if you want to believe that it has something to do with his family's health then good on you. As for me, knowing just the little bit we do, that story doesn't add up.

Benedict Arnold.. real popular guy wasn't he?***

May 17, 2018, 3:34 PM

Kid Would Have Been 100% Supported If He Didn't Go COOT***

May 17, 2018, 4:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He may want to be a big fish in the small pond

May 17, 2018, 6:50 PM

and Lumpy can sell him a path to the NFL. We have a big pond with plenty of big fish.

What Clemson player are you referring to?***

May 17, 2018, 6:59 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic