Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's almost unbelievable that Deshaun Watson's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

It's almost unbelievable that Deshaun Watson's

Dec 9, 2015, 4:57 PM

Chances at winning the Heisman Trophy are some how being diminished because of the "Clemson hate factor!" Anyone with eyes can see for themselves that this kid has the intangibles like poise, maturity, community service, leadership and intelligence add those to his on the field preformance and the only reason he wouldn't be a consensus Heisman winner is because of the lack of respect for the school he proudly represents, Clemson. It's one thing to hate a school for unknown reasons and an overt bias but to disrespect and diminish a fine, excellent young man and competitor is just terribly sad! Rant over, sorry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's almost unbelievable that Deshaun Watson's

Dec 9, 2015, 5:05 PM

Been a Clemson fan all my life... 66 3/4 years... been attending Clemson games since 1956 (59 years for those who didn't major in math! LOL!). I've gotten used to it. Disrespect is the watchword... jealously is the reason. For all those haters who didn't go to Clemson, I feel your pain... unless you've been there you don't understand. As I've always said, "God might not live in Clemson, but he goes there often."

Go, Tigers! DW4... you're the best. Dabo, you're the best. We're Blessed to have you both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 5:20 PM

Clemson Fans, Alumni, Students, Staff, Dabo, Deshaun, Position Coaches and all the rest of the Team, along with the rest of us supporters are all still Blessed! Regardless of the ESPN talking heads comments, "They still got to hike the ball" and play the game on New Years EVE! Win that one and we got a shot at the Ultimate Prize! We get our Boys some rest and they can "DO TWO"! - Congrats to all involved on the 13-0 start. Proud to be a CFFL!

Dec 9, 2015, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: It's almost unbelievable that Deshaun Watson's ]

> Been a Clemson fan all my life... 66 3/4 years...
> been attending Clemson games since 1956 (59 years for
> those who didn't major in math! LOL!). I've gotten
> used to it. Disrespect is the watchword... jealously
> is the reason. For all those haters who didn't go to
> Clemson, I feel your pain... unless you've been there
> you don't understand. As I've always said, "God might
> not live in Clemson, but he goes there often."
>
> Go, Tigers! DW4... you're the best. Dabo, you're the
> best. We're Blessed to have you both.

7173 Tiger hits the nail on the head! Believe we must have been "Rats" together!

Go Tigers! Go DW4! Beat the Okies!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 5:06 PM

Wow

That's not why Watson isn't going to win, but nice rant.

Dec 9, 2015, 5:08 PM

Hope you enjoyed it.

LOL, yes that's the ONLY reason.

Dec 9, 2015, 5:10 PM

Curious...what percentage of McCaffrey's touches did you watch this year?

Everyone hates us, Prod. You can't deny it. I just can't

Dec 9, 2015, 5:20 PM

figure out why. Is it the orange? Is it the milkshakes? Is it the beautiful campus? Is it the pizza party? What the heck is it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the ACC

Dec 10, 2015, 2:14 PM

All Swofturd's fault.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It actually IS the milkshakes.......

Dec 10, 2015, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Everyone hates us, Prod. You can't deny it. I just can't ]

if you're at Mac's. Pure...burning...hatred.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL, yes that's the ONLY reason.

Dec 9, 2015, 5:26 PM [ in reply to LOL, yes that's the ONLY reason. ]

You arrogant snit, I watched almost every televised game Stanford played this year but is he that much greater than Watson?

+1 for "arrogant snit"....***

Dec 9, 2015, 5:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is McCaffrey's

Dec 9, 2015, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL, yes that's the ONLY reason. ]

"poise, maturity, community service, leadership and intelligence," in your opinion?

What's his W/L record?

Dec 9, 2015, 6:09 PM

Bye.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my opinion, it shouldn't matter for an individual award.

Dec 9, 2015, 6:11 PM

That said, I would vote for Watson over McCaffrey, but not because of W/L record. I just think he's more outstanding.

Re: In my opinion, it shouldn't matter for an individual award.

Dec 9, 2015, 6:52 PM
image.jpeg(69.8 K)

Do you still think Spiller got snubbed?***

Dec 9, 2015, 6:40 PM [ in reply to What's his W/L record? ]

Re: Do you still think Spiller got snubbed?***

Dec 9, 2015, 6:48 PM

Since I'm here yea I do. Everything he did within the game receiving rushing. And changed the game with his returns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People keep bringing up the undefeated thing, but think

Dec 9, 2015, 7:37 PM

Spiller should have won.

Re: What's his W/L record?

Dec 9, 2015, 6:58 PM [ in reply to What's his W/L record? ]

What was RG3's? What was Tebow's? I'm not sure if you knew this, but the Heisman is given to a single person, not a team.

I saw him not get a single TD against ND, our one common

Dec 9, 2015, 6:03 PM [ in reply to LOL, yes that's the ONLY reason. ]

opponent. 94 yards rushing and under 20 receiving with no TDs. I saw DW4 against ND throw for 2 TDs and rush for 93 yards and a TD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well, obviously it's an open-and-shut case, then!

Dec 9, 2015, 6:04 PM

Based on what you just posted, hatred has to be the only reason Watson wouldn't win the Heisman!

I said nothing about hatred

Dec 9, 2015, 6:07 PM

I don't agree with the OP that hatred is the reason. I think McAffery is a special player. So is Watson. But I think there is a better argument for Watson to win it for a number of reasons, none of which are hatred.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

We agree then. I would vote Watson as well.***

Dec 9, 2015, 6:08 PM

Re: Well, obviously it's an open-and-shut case, then!

Dec 9, 2015, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Well, obviously it's an open-and-shut case, then! ]

Why don't you go to FGF where you belong.
Nobody over here cares or wants to hear your coot
Crap.
A Coot and Braves fan no wonder why you try to hang around with winners.

If you don't like my posts, don't click on them.

Dec 9, 2015, 6:10 PM

That's pretty easy.

Re: If you don't like my posts, don't click on them.

Dec 9, 2015, 6:11 PM

This is not your thread

Dec 9, 2015, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, obviously it's an open-and-shut case, then! ]

Woa easy on the braves fan. Although the fire sale they are having is pushing my 34 year loyalty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2015, 6:46 PM

How the heck did I get on this thread? Responding to someone downing the braves. Disregard.

Re: I saw him not get a single TD against ND, our one common

Dec 9, 2015, 7:21 PM [ in reply to I saw him not get a single TD against ND, our one common ]

And it was in the rain. Don't forget it was in the rain. That is why ESPiN counted it as a win for the Irish.

Watson didn't really play well against ND, either

Dec 10, 2015, 2:07 PM [ in reply to I saw him not get a single TD against ND, our one common ]

Not a great game to pick out for Heisman purposes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last time I checked 3 TDs > 0 TDs***

Dec 10, 2015, 4:01 PM

Agreed, if he performed exactly the same and was at Bama

Dec 9, 2015, 5:14 PM

HE WINS IN A LANDSLIDE. But all is still well, the Heisman is NOT the end all. Deshawn will be just fine with or without it. But I do hate the bias.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, hopefully you're joking.***

Dec 9, 2015, 5:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL, hopefully you're joking.***

Dec 9, 2015, 5:32 PM

No, I am not joking. If you FOR ONE SECOND believe that we aren't the least respected #1 team in the nation, just open your eyes and ears. I realize you high-brow intellectuals are uncomfortable with saying anything remotely questioning of all of the powers that be in CFB. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you! Oh yea, ask yourself this....have you ever seen a #1 Alabama team garner this much doubt and disrespect? I don't think so.

I hate it when intellectuals have high brows.***

Dec 9, 2015, 6:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate it when intellectuals have high brows.***

Dec 10, 2015, 2:13 PM

Mountain View

ROH

Dec 9, 2015, 5:29 PM

Yea see spiller 6th place in heisman voting. Still can't believe that.

I don't think it's hate for Clemson or DW.

Dec 9, 2015, 6:23 PM

I think ESPiN's financial investment in the SEC drives everything they do and say. Seems like they spent a lot of energy this season 'proving,' they were unbiased. Pushing McCaffery this late in the season reaches toward two goals.

The first goal is to split the votes of those who recognize that ESPiN has pushed the SEC and Fornette then Henry all season. McCaffery gives them someone outside the SEC for whom to vote.

The second goal is to 'prove,' they have no SEC bias after spending the entire year pushing the SEC's best team's running back. First it was Fornette then when he fell off they had Henry second in the running to take his place. The past five or six weeks we've heard comments like 'Henry is hands down the best player in the country,' and 'The Heisman is Henry's to lose.'

Anyone who can't see what's happening is a blind SEC homer and no more unbiased than Paul Finebaum. Maybe just a liar and trolling DW's homeboys here. [intfrag]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think it's hate for Clemson or DW.

Dec 9, 2015, 7:28 PM

So your saying the first half of the season, fournette didn't deserve heisman consideration and was only a contender because ESPN was touting him? He only was on pace to set the rushing record with 14 rushing TDs through 6 games. Yeah, I get what your saying alright. No reason for recognition there. Haha.

Take off that tin foil hat.***

Dec 9, 2015, 6:53 PM

Coots never have an "original" thought.***

Dec 9, 2015, 7:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be too shocked if Watson wins...

Dec 9, 2015, 7:11 PM

Voters are former Heisman winners and nationwide media members. SEC is in the minority outside of ESPN, the partner SEC Network and the media associated with the 12 schools pulling for Alabama to carry the torch. Having a west coast candidate could split the vote though. Will be interesting to see the final vote count.

To the guy who TDed the OP, let's talk.

Dec 10, 2015, 2:44 PM

What we see happening is Clemson winning. We are undefeated, 13-0 and #1. No team has beaten us with fluke plays and certainly no team has knocked us around this season. None of the talkers needed to make excuses for us or generate some bullchit computer formula to make us appear to be better than others.

We've been moving toward this for five years. This season isn't an anomaly. This isn't a fluke season, it's built on a foundation of a good University, good quality coaching with a head coach who can identify coaches and players who not only fit together to make a team but work together to win.

What Clemson and Dabo have done is exactly what every football fan out there hopes and prays for their school and team to be. It's not what they want their team to do, it's what they want their team to become.

We are the victims of the jealousy of other fans. When talking heads say nasty things about us they are making their fans and all other fans happy. So yeah, the jealousy has generated hate from fans and pleasing the majority of fans is necessary for talkers to hold and audience.

Perhaps you think this is just a semantically exercise by someone who will say anything to make a point. If you've never been jealous of someone or something precious to your heart you might even believe that.

I'm open for comments.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic