Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
71 million have already voted. 51% of 2016 total votes,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 664

71 million have already voted. 51% of 2016 total votes,

Oct 28, 2020, 5:16 PM

People are motivated. I know the Dems are getting them out, I wonder if the Reps are as motivated?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/elections/early-voting-numbers-so-far/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not making any predictions...

Oct 28, 2020, 5:57 PM

The numbers look bad for Trump.

I do think people are motivated. The most motivated seem to be those motivated AGAINST Trump and those motivated FOR Trump.

I am in neither category.

Those who are motivated the most strongly AGAINST Trump seem to me to be the white, educated, “enlightened” voter.

Those most motivated to vote FOR Trump, is the average working-class person with no formal education.

How many people actually think there will be a difference in their quality of life if one candidate wins over another? I think a lot of people see no difference.

So what does a large turnout mean?

If Obama was running or maybe even another Black candidate, I think it would be easy to get out maximum vote in the cities. I don’t think there is much motivation for this group right now.

I personally think a large turnout benefits Trump. I’m not questioning the polls, but I think a lot of people believe these polls are intended to discourage them from voting. Trump is doomed. I think they are motivated because they believe they are constantly lied to by the media - this is why Trump constantly highlights the unfair media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m not making any predictions...

Oct 28, 2020, 7:05 PM

I have to disagree with the un-educated people. I have a degree and a lot of people my age with degrees will vote for Trump. Trump is trying to make a functioning country again. Obama was tell everyone the US will only be a service country. I have bad news a service country can never be a wealthy country. You have to be able to make your critical products or you will be @ the mercy of the countries that do. Trump understands this but most of you young educated people in here don't seem to know this fact. Good example the PPE need to fight the Wuhan Flu-virus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2020, 7:08 PM

They don't give degrees to trollbots, even in Russia.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Oct 28, 2020, 8:55 PM

Nope mine came from SC state. Electronics Engineering.

Oct 28, 2020, 10:04 PM

If just 23 people are in a room, there's a better-than-even chance at least two of them have the same birthday.

How is this possible?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Experimenting to see how good the AI is? Nice.***

Oct 29, 2020, 11:39 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Experimenting to see how good the AI is? Nice.***

Oct 29, 2020, 5:26 PM

They are using AI in here? I thought they were using NI in here by bad.

Oct 29, 2020, 11:38 AM [ in reply to I’m not making any predictions... ]

I think they are motivated because they believe they are constantly lied to by the media - this is why Trump constantly highlights the unfair media.

Can you list some examples of lies the media has told?

Oct 29, 2020, 11:41 AM

Russia collusion
Russian dossier

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems unlikely that the "highly motivated" are so because

Oct 28, 2020, 6:07 PM

they want to maintain the status quo.

Trump's bigoted faux macho approach to politics turns off just about everybody but non-college educated white men. All of those turned off groups are highly motivated to rid the country of the stain of Trump.

I expect between 140-150 million people will vote this time around and it won't be pretty for the status quo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can’t understand why all polls would not

Oct 28, 2020, 6:37 PM

be motivated to be accurate. Isn’t that their report card? If a pole is year after year wrong, who is going to pay attention to it and then they cease to exist.

After the 2016 election, I’ve read a few articles where the pollsters admit they did not pole enough non-educated whites. They all claim they have tried to correct that. The 2018 mid term polls were pretty accurate.

In 2012, the polls predicted a smaller Obama victory than he actually had. This counters the argument that all the polls try to skew towards the Democratic candidate

Having said all this, I still suspect that the race is tighter than the polls indicate as what happened in 2016 cannot be ignored. But I can’t agree that the polls are motivated to show Biden winning when he really isn’t. That just doesn’t make any sense to me if these polls want to continue to exist.

I think it was former (R) Steve Schmidt who said that

Oct 28, 2020, 6:54 PM

pollsters have "overcompensated" for the Trump voter and the polls are skewed towards Trump.

Who knows, but the polling averages suggest Trump's support, or lack thereof, has been fairly constant throughout the campaign and, as they say, "what the incumbent has going into election day is what the incumbent gets."

Agreed.

Oct 28, 2020, 7:03 PM

Everyone knows trumps record now if they have a brain. Would make you think with trumps approval percentage very consistent for the last four years that the polls should not be as far off as they were in 2016. But I’ll believe it when I see it when all the numbers are in

Re: It seems unlikely that the "highly motivated" are so because

Oct 28, 2020, 9:43 PM [ in reply to It seems unlikely that the "highly motivated" are so because ]

I believe that incoherent moron that’s been in govt 47 years.......... is the status quo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It seems unlikely that the "highly motivated" are so because

Oct 29, 2020, 5:25 PM

I guess they still don't get it why Trump was elected. They are tired of the BS in DC but I guess those same voters will vote for someone that has been part of the problem for 47 yrs. Go with that one.

Re: 71 million have already voted. 51% of 2016 total votes,

Oct 28, 2020, 7:12 PM

So many motivated to pay higher taxes. Glad they are true patriots and have been sending in extra cash for the past 4 years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 71 million have already voted. 51% of 2016 total votes,

Oct 28, 2020, 8:31 PM

And of those 71 million voters, 78 million have voted for Biden.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:05 AM

I keeeed.

null

Re: And of those 71 million voters, 78 million have voted for Biden.

Oct 29, 2020, 11:39 AM

Swarley said:

I keeeed.

It's important that the dead and illegal aliens have a voice!

;)

It’s all semantics, but just wanna spitball here

Oct 29, 2020, 4:42 PM

How do you KNOW the Democrats are getting them out?

Re: It’s all semantics, but just wanna spitball here

Oct 29, 2020, 6:47 PM

Biden wins IMO rather easily. I voted 3rd Party in 2016. Trump this time because of the significant left tilt of the Dems which Biden will try to fend off. It will at least be pleasant for days of inactivity and verbiage from the WH. That is one silver lining. The other is Joe has promised he will crush the virus. Short of us all going full Wilmington DE and staying home, I’m not sure of his crush plans. Perhaps the learned leaders of France,Germany, Spain, UK, Italy and Ireland can share their secrets. It’s fine for Biden to criticize Trump on not encouraging mitigation measures. It’s fine to criticize him for spewing nonsense regarding the status of the virus and saying everything is under control, but it is pure BS that all these deaths are on Trump’s hands. After Inauguration Day, deaths will still be on Trump or perhaps the former whipping boy W. GDP up markedly for the 3rd quarter, so hopefully Joe can refrain from converting the V recovery into a W recovery. Biden gonna crush Trump. Joe gonna crush the virus. Stay tuned.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 664
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic