Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Country Music at the Awards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

No Country Music at the Awards

Apr 15, 2018, 8:53 PM

My wife watches all the music shows and is much more liberal-minded about music than me. I watched a few minutes of the show and none of what I heard is anything close to REAL country music.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of them just twang their voices a little while singing

Apr 15, 2018, 8:56 PM

When they’re being interviewed, many sound nothing like country...

Re: No Country Music at the Awards

Apr 15, 2018, 9:03 PM

Most of the music i listen to does not sound like country either

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2018, 9:30 PM

Most of the music on the radio these days doesn’t sound like music.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

"Country music"

Apr 15, 2018, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: No Country Music at the Awards ]

Now there's an oxymoron

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No..."Rap music" would be an oxymoron!! Country music

Apr 15, 2018, 10:55 PM

does exist, it just isn't played on "country" radio, since about 1980. Most of today's country is pure "pop"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I beg to differ.....

Apr 16, 2018, 5:25 PM

Some "rappers" are among the most intellectual & talented songwriters / poets on the planet....

"I woke up early this morning
with a new state of mind,
and create a way to rhyme
without using knives & guns,
keep your nose out the sky,
keep your heart to God,
and keep your face to the rising sun" - Kanye West

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRPGMPZGmfw

"Know the blessings you might find
If you let your higher power inside
Emerge and apply to every single thing in your balance
You will truly find
Who you really are
Die and become reborn
When God is present in your life than you can come reap on
There ain't a storm that you can't weather
You got a purpose you were born to create!
Destiny is waitin' for you
Arms open, take with you
Knowledge bestowed by the great giver..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubki_G7r5rM

"All up in the vibe something coming over me-
Summer days more likely that you notice breeze
Winter days more likely that you notice heat
When I'm gone, more likely that you notice me
In the dark it's more likely that you notice light
In the light more likely that you notice night
Hungry, more appreciation for that meal
Dead broke, more appreciation for that scrill
A bad day'll make you really notice ones that's good
And that'll make things a little better understood
Times I feel I wanna shout, man it's real that way
When I think of things that make you feel that way"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJfTsq_YwoM

"I say stand upon this section of time marked Revelations
And recognize this mind-numbing reality of horror
Known as mankind
Jesus and his twelve disciples make thirteen
A righteous number of righteous men
Even Judas the Betrayer came true in the end
The Devil say the end is the beginning
They teach that we were the product of incest
Invest no level of self into their system of Paganomics
Stand with us and don't look back upon it
Just face this mindstate
Otherwise Babylon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWszICEBSLU

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all cookie-cutter music now that sounds like it........

Apr 15, 2018, 9:30 PM

comes out of a machine. And all the people sing with what they think sounds like a country voice - it's all totally fake.

None of the real country people (George Jones, Tammy Wynette, etc.) and none of the real heartache or drinking songs, etc. like in the past.

For example, one of my all-time favorite "real" country music classics is David Allan Coe & George Jones singing "This Bottle (In My Hand)." Authentic country music and lyrics.

Country music wasn’t the same after Garth Brooks

Apr 15, 2018, 9:33 PM

Kinda like what Jeff Gordon did to NASCAR. All about being cute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Country music wasn’t the same after Garth Brooks

Apr 15, 2018, 10:00 PM

Lmao. Both are/were some of the best ever to do what they do.

A good bit of singers start out with a good country sound

Apr 15, 2018, 10:54 PM [ in reply to It's all cookie-cutter music now that sounds like it........ ]

and then get 'Nashvilled'. I enjoy listening to a lot of the 'pop' country but its hard to stomach some of the guys like Thomas Rhett and Sam Hunt. A lot of those old guys you referenced had a great sound but sang about a lot of their life problems because they sure had them....drugs, alcohol, abuse, broken marriages and homes...just hard living and poor choices gave them experiences and sounds the current stars don't seem to follow, which is probably a good thing.

Every time I watch these award shows I think about the scene in Pure Country when George Strait just walks off citing all the drama in his concert is just too much.

I have said that, take most of today's "country" stars,

Apr 15, 2018, 11:00 PM

let them all record the same generic song, and most of today's "country music" fans could not tell one from the other, None have an instantly recognizable voice, like the singers of old, like George Jones or Merle Haggard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's all cookie-cutter music now that sounds like it........

Apr 16, 2018, 5:14 AM [ in reply to It's all cookie-cutter music now that sounds like it........ ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMlUT6hTlP0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listen to satellite.***

Apr 16, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to It's all cookie-cutter music now that sounds like it........ ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

King George and A.J.

Apr 15, 2018, 10:21 PM

https://youtu.be/ny3K9irFC5k

Apr 15, 2018, 11:54 PM

I'm not going to deny that most new country is more pop, but you didn't listen to the show enough because there was some definite country music played.

90% of "country music" today is formulaic, mindless pablum.

Apr 16, 2018, 12:22 AM

Some have great voices but crap songs to work with. There is a narrow market for country artists who are original, creative, or may push the envelope while still maintaining true country roots, but the mainstream can't seem to get enough of the repackaged, retooled fluff. Country music went down the same road as Nascar by taking a truly real, original, regional thing and forcing it on the mainstream, altering it along the way and changing much of what made it great in the first place in an attempt to make it appealing to a much, much wider audience. Nascar replaced their once great product with one that is driving fans away, while country music has somehow managed to completely gut the original and twist it into something that convinces a still fairly narrow, regional fan base that they are "mainstream", which they apparently see as a good thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: 90% of "country music" today is formulaic, mindless pablum.

Apr 16, 2018, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the english lesson :)

bland or insipid intellectual fare, entertainment, etc.; pap

Apr 16, 2018, 5:16 AM

amen!!! ole Hank and George wouldn't make it on today's radio.

they're all the same song, just different artists....

Apr 16, 2018, 6:27 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8SwIvxj8o

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Simply a perfect song

Apr 16, 2018, 6:46 AM

https://youtu.be/uzGx_XzxDeM

No, need "Well I was drunk, the day my mom got out of

Apr 17, 2018, 1:06 PM

prison..."

and later, "She got runned over by a danged ole train...."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their only "old time" sounding artist was off having twins.

Apr 16, 2018, 7:34 AM

(Chris Stapleton.) Broken Halos is definitely old school style Country. But, I will agree, not many like him around today.

That being said, there is only one artist that will make me change the station to KEEP from listening to them, and that is Florida-Georgia Line. I detest their sound with every fiber of my being. They are the main cookie cutter of cookie cutters. But, the movers and shakers in country music seem to think they cannot have a show without them being on it.

Re: Their only "old time" sounding artist was off having twins.

Apr 16, 2018, 7:47 AM

It's business, and the music, country or not, is making money or it would change. Funny thing is, you think Stapleton is old time sounding and Alan Jackson was quoted recently as saying Chris isn't really a country sound.

Re: Their only "old time" sounding artist was off having twins.

Apr 16, 2018, 10:45 AM

Well, I remember seeing Alan Jackson and Clint Black open up for Alabama on a tour way back when, before he hit it big. He didn't have any hesitation about gaining a following off Alabama, who was definitely considered outsiders at the time (even now!) I don't have a dog in the fight of new vs old country, but the REALLY old country sounds (Hank Williams SENIOR, Porter Wagoner, Conway Twitty, etc) are long gone, and I do like a lot of the "new" country better than that. But, call it what it is, the new country is more like easy listening rock and roll that I grew up with in the late 60's to mid 70's.
That got moved over to the country side when the heavy metal, big hair bands, then punk, then grunge, took over rock stations. And, sure to set off a firestorm, but I do not, and never will, consider RAP to be music at all. But, Bless Their Hearts, there are a lot of people out there who apparently spend a lot of money buying it, 'cause some of those "artists" are filthy rich.

Apr 16, 2018, 8:25 AM

Chris Stapleton and Sturgill Simpson are the only country musicians presently in country music

Apr 16, 2018, 9:14 AM

Blake Shelton's Man, I lived it! Is a true country song, FGL, Aldean, Rhett, Bryan and others aren't country more pop-rock. Chris Stapleton is a throw back, very talented and his wife is a great singer also!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 9:18 AM

It’s called evolving with the times. Some of you should try it sometime.

Artists like Florida-Georgia Line and Jason Aldean appeal to the younger generation.

Just like nobody wants to watch black and white movies from the 50’s, nobody wants to listen to a slow country song about drinking and leaving their old lady.

Try Bluegrass- it’s the most current

Apr 16, 2018, 11:41 AM

Thing to the old country music

Re: “Murder’s been committed

Apr 17, 2018, 12:23 PM

Down on Music Row.”

George Strait and Alan Jackson

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The perfect country music song

Apr 17, 2018, 2:40 PM

https://youtu.be/jkKn5HrKgHQ

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic