Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

FB Update: New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans

Feb 25, 2015, 2:44 PM

New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obtuse, at best....***

Feb 25, 2015, 2:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

many of those "fans" are bandwagoners..

Feb 25, 2015, 2:50 PM

its how it rolls..the coots had a few good years and factor it in with being in the "it" conference.people jumped on board..i sense many of those fans will suddenly disappear in the next couple of years then suddenly clemson will have those "fans"

Re: many of those "fans" are bandwagoners..

Feb 25, 2015, 8:32 PM

They are returning their Wal Mart fan gear in record numbers. Let them have another year like last year, and the flags will be retired for another eon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me file this under... who cares***

Feb 25, 2015, 2:53 PM

Re: Let me file this under... who cares***

Feb 25, 2015, 8:32 PM

So well said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans

Feb 25, 2015, 2:56 PM

Just tells me a lot of dummies live in S.C....but every state has them

Message was edited by: Copenhagen kid®

Re: FB Update: New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans

Mar 2, 2015, 9:32 AM

Yep. And that includes my brother and his family. He became the black sheep of the family when he went to the dark side.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't take a pollster to tell you this

Feb 25, 2015, 2:59 PM

It's common knowledge that in every city east of the Fall Line--and several west of it--SCar fans outnumber Clemson fans, sometimes upwards of a 3:1 (Charleston area) or 4:1 (Florence/Myrtle Beach) margin. That's not a surprise and it probably won't change anytime soon.

The number that surprised me most unpleasantly is the younger voters split. I didn't think it would be that disparate. I guess it reflects recent SCar success.

The number that surprised me most pleasantly is the number of African-Americans who claim to be fans. 32% is a higher number than I expected.

Re: Didn't take a pollster to tell you this

Feb 25, 2015, 3:09 PM

The younger generation has been brainwashed by ESPN so it's no surprise to me

It's all about who has been winning recently.

Feb 25, 2015, 3:18 PM

If we win the next 4 the young voters will probably be on our side 5 years from now.

Feb 25, 2015, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Didn't take a pollster to tell you this ]

It really is easy to explain. It is their (usuc's) recent, perceived success, conference affiliation to a very large degree, and the exclusion of "the classes" following Clemson in favor of "the masses of classless" that follow usuc.

Kids Being Swayed

Feb 26, 2015, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Didn't take a pollster to tell you this ]

I know that USC is doing a better job putting themselves out there where I live. It seems like almost every year Cocky is touring our elementary school. I live on the coast so it is much harder to do that kind of PR for Clemson. I guess that's just the advantage of being in the middle of the state.

Also... after losing 5 in a row, most kids don't remember a time when we were dominant. My son (10) asked mid season last year why we pulled for the "losing" team. I told him that I don't pull for Clemson because of their record, but when you've been to both campuses there is no comparison! Columbia truly is the armpit of South Carolina.

Feb 27, 2015, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Didn't take a pollster to tell you this ]

I'm sure that they think being a dumb A$$ is an IN thing!!! But then again, dumb A$$ES are to ### stupid to realise what a dumb A$$ they really are!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be interested to see how the prison population votes.

Feb 25, 2015, 3:09 PM

SCAR in a landslide !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd be interested to see how the prison population votes.

Feb 25, 2015, 8:40 PM

Yep! What he just said!

Re: If it were national poll, think it would be ALLn Clemson

Feb 25, 2015, 3:19 PM

If it were national poll, IMO, I think it would be Clemson
by a WIDE margin.
...And that's just from reader comments
on these national sports web sites, when the
"other team" happens to be mentioned.
Again, IMO, they certainly don't seem to have much
of any approval rating in their own conference.
GREAT TO BE A TIGER!
GO TIGERS!!!
:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it were national poll, think it would be ALLn Clemson

Feb 25, 2015, 8:41 PM

There is a reason for that, but coots just don't get it.

These numbers will change.

Feb 25, 2015, 3:31 PM

Many Scar fans are just bandwagon fans. Still, it concerns me that Clemson, a traditionally conservative University, has so many liberal supporters.

Would you rather Clemson lose all it's liberal supporters?

Feb 25, 2015, 3:33 PM

Clemson is a holistically better institution of higher learning than SCAR. All elite academic institutions are going to have very liberal supporters. It's part of it.

Re: Would you rather Clemson lose all it's liberal supporters?

Feb 25, 2015, 4:17 PM

we just seem to have way more than we should! and these lib/demos profs need to go!!go reason to have them

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would you rather Clemson lose all it's liberal supporters?

Feb 25, 2015, 4:43 PM

Education at it's highest level is a liberal's enterprise. Others may disagree , but that is how it has always been. Throughout human history , free thinkers and the open-minded were the envelope pushers , the ones to suggest that the truth may not yet have been reached . There will always be people with more liberal views involved in advancing education because thinking freely is prerequisite to advancing the human experience, that is a fact .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Could it be that some staunchly conservative Clemson ....

Feb 25, 2015, 7:25 PM

supporters are closet liberals? Hmmmmm?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the more backwards thinking posts.***

Feb 27, 2015, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Would you rather Clemson lose all it's liberal supporters? ]

Re: These numbers will change.

Feb 25, 2015, 4:14 PM [ in reply to These numbers will change. ]

sure agree!! I just do not know how that happens..these goofy profs are ruining these fine young people!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why "Extreme Liberals" Like Clemson

Feb 26, 2015, 7:06 AM [ in reply to These numbers will change. ]

That bothered me too, until I thought about it. Clemson is a much "cleaner/greener" campus. I don't have any stats, but I know they do a lot of environmental work. So it only makes sense that "extreme liberals" would like the school that is more environmentally friendly.

Why should that matter?

Feb 26, 2015, 10:31 AM [ in reply to These numbers will change. ]

I wasn't aware that political preferences and ideologies mattered when comes to college sports.
I'm on neither side. But alienating people who see things differently is something that a coot would
do. That said, Go Tigers!

Screw the state of South Carolina. Clemson has

Feb 25, 2015, 3:31 PM

better support than the Coots outside the state anyway.

South Carolina was always on the verge of taking nearly all the fans of this state... but our frequent beatdowns over them kept this at bay. Now the barbarians have been allowed to slip through the cracks thanks to the losing streak. Going to take a long time to put them back in their cages now.

Good, I don't want the trash in the state wearing Clemson***

Feb 25, 2015, 3:34 PM

Most polls take a 1,000 voters and try to say that is......

Feb 25, 2015, 3:34 PM

.....accurate. I know this household of Tiger fans weren't polled. Thats why they should do away with polls, there way way to inaccurate. For polls to be published shows a true lack of knowledge of how useless polls are. There's what around 4 million people in this state and they polled 866 or something like that and they are going to pass that off as fact or say that represents me sorry but that ticks me off. Someone needs to write these people and tell them they need more than 900 people to convince me that the school with less history than my 7 year old daughter is more popular than Clemson. What a joke....

doesn't matter to me....I'm Clemson all the way. It is who

Feb 25, 2015, 3:58 PM

I have always pulled for and who I will continue to pull for and support. I could give a rat's a$$ really.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

apparently, women's basketball fans are taking over

Feb 25, 2015, 4:01 PM

cuz usuck football and men's basketball sure ain't been nothin' to cheer about

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most of those gamecock fans have never been to a game before***

Feb 25, 2015, 6:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of two things is true and I'm actually not sure which

Feb 25, 2015, 6:20 PM

1) There are a lot of bandwagon coot fans due to their recent success

2) There have always been a lot of coot fans, but they go into hibernation when their team is losing (100 straight years of hibernation?)

Feb 25, 2015, 6:25 PM

Ridiculous polling

Polling Requirements....

Feb 25, 2015, 6:31 PM

Mr and Mrs Dubechek , are you both devout Gamecack supporters ?

Yes , we are.

Great , lets begin with our ...uhh...uhh....totally (snicker) random and fairly represented SC fan support questions.

But first , a statement . Raise your righteous hands and say Dabo is the Devil .... thank you
We begin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Liberals favor Clemson? Now That's confusing. Not

Feb 25, 2015, 7:18 PM

Surprised that the youth favor the #####. The coot win streak of 5 and the two coot baseball titles helped them win the young demographic.

We used to carry "the rural vote" given our argricultural history and the Clemson Extension offices. As we slowly become "elite" like Ga tech, Duke etc I expect we will lose some of that vote as well.

UNRELIABLE poll since SC has 2x the fans as Clemson due to

Feb 25, 2015, 7:27 PM

size of schools and age difference (SC being over 100 years older).

GoTiGERS...we "know" who the best school & teams are!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNRELIABLE poll since SC has 2x the fans as Clemson due to

Feb 25, 2015, 7:38 PM

Coots pit up billboards and banners touting the greatness of Coot. They inundated the Wal Marts in SC with Dirtpecker items at prices suited to their trailerpark followers.
It has been an all out avalanche of Cootness over the last 6-7 years , one that was intentional and done with the prospect of pushing Clemson into a submissive stance in our own state.

DB23

Feb 25, 2015, 7:44 PM

I wish we had a poll for 6 years ago.... What a joke....and biggest bandwagoners in the country!!!

Feb 25, 2015, 7:44 PM

Stupid. It's a company based in North Carolina that polls people in SC. I call bull #### on the entire thing. Then there is the liberal thing. Just plain stupid.

Message was edited by: Tiger Contractor®

Is a population of 868 statistically significant?

Feb 25, 2015, 7:46 PM

My Clemson education says not.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Survey only included 868 people***

Feb 25, 2015, 7:55 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 25, 2015, 9:47 PM

PPP is a very liberal polling institution. They have come under heavy scrutiny for proving questionable surveys and trying to sway opinions. I wouldn't believe anything this organization publishes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2015, 12:16 AM

Polling in and of itself is very unscrupulous and tends to be slanted to show a desired result . If you aim for a certain demographic and ask the preferenced set-up questions to them then you can have a poll result that was completely predictable.
It is an old trick . There is no secret that polls are the way to go if you want to find the answer you demand and agree with .

DB23

lol, Clemson has a national top 10 fan base

Feb 26, 2015, 7:46 AM

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/?_r=0

Scroll down a bit.
# 10 is Clemson. Every national poll I have seen has Clemson near the top and SCAR no where. What a joke.

Makes me wonder if groups like FFRF see this as positive

Feb 26, 2015, 11:21 AM

With so many in the state who identify as liberal liking the team, you would think the FFRF would see that as evidence they could win their battle about religion and football at least in public opinion (of supportive SC fans). It could also give ammunition to the Tillman effort, too.

I hope not. But if the poll is even reasonably accurate, it says things could tilt in their favor.

Message was edited by: NortherTiger®

Landline.

Feb 26, 2015, 11:27 AM

Oh yeah, that's like two tin cans connected with a string. Yeah, that's a good sample of today's population.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2015, 8:58 AM

Most troublesome part is liberals=Clemson. What happened to the Clemson I attended?

We are near last in national education and it shows.

Feb 27, 2015, 9:08 AM

There are three types of coot fans:

1) Trailer trash
2) Politicians/Lawyers
3) Transplants who picked the SEC team

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic