Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's a travesty that Tajh was not invited to NY given all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

It's a travesty that Tajh was not invited to NY given all

Dec 11, 2013, 9:00 PM

posers that are heading up there. Tajh should be there Saturday night!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has the stats for it

Dec 11, 2013, 9:07 PM

I agree he should be there over some of the guys invited but if he had beat SC this year, Boyd would have been back in the top 5.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really wanted to see Clowney win it this year, but then..

Dec 11, 2013, 9:21 PM

(we'll leave beastly out of this discussion) D.J. Reader, Corey Crawford and Steph Anthony ALL had the same amount, if not more sack than he did. UGH!! What a drag. Just a wasted up has been 0ne (unblocked) hit wonder!! Dammmitttt

I was even more upset when CJ didn't get an invite....

Dec 11, 2013, 9:28 PM

Clearly, he was one of the 5 best that yr.

I still to this day say CJ was a much better back than mark

Dec 11, 2013, 9:53 PM

Ingram. It's a shame that Ingram just got the heisman because he was on the best team in the nation. Cj ran behind a less than stellar offensive line and is still to this day the most amazing running back or football player at any position I've seen in my life. I've never seen anyone juke the way he did or make something out of nothing the way he did. When the other team is purposely kicking the ball out of bounds and giving you the ball on the 40, you know you have something incredible. I can only imagine what cj would do in this offense with chad Morris.

Re: I still to this day say CJ was a much better back than mark

Dec 11, 2013, 10:01 PM

Best return man I've EVER seen, period. He was electric in the open field.....a true phenom.

Re: I still to this day say CJ was a much better back than mark

Dec 11, 2013, 10:32 PM [ in reply to I still to this day say CJ was a much better back than mark ]

Great points!!!
Ingram was nothing special, really. Very good, but not special. It was a travesty CJ didn't at least make the trip to NYC and down-right grand larceny he didn't win it that year.....NO ONE WAS EVEN CLOSE. Obviously, the Heisman is a media darling's award.
Tajh definitely deserves to at least make the trip. (For that matter, Mariotta should have been considered, too.) Tajh's stats say so. He had a bad night against FSU (but tell me who has had a good night against FSU this year?) for sure. Against USCjr, he did not have a bad night at all. He had the ball 30 plays LESS than his opponent and still threw for about 225. His fumble was bad, but I don't knock him for the two late INTs (game over at that point).
It's a shame he didn't at least make the trip.....

One of the most logical things I've heard on this board or

Dec 12, 2013, 11:02 PM

anywhere for that matter. I hear more people blame the game on those 2 interceptions every day which is absolutely ridiculous. The game was over at that point and when you have to score twice within 4 minutes you have to throw passes you wouldn't normally throw, you don't have the luxury of incompletions because you have to make something happen right then. The fumble was terrible but tajh was trying to go down he was being held up by one guy while the other guy had both arms on the arm he was carrying the ball with and to make matters worse there was also bodies under him so he couldn't have really gone right down even without the guy holding him up.

Can you imagine if CJ played for UF?

Dec 11, 2013, 10:38 PM [ in reply to I was even more upset when CJ didn't get an invite.... ]

not that they needed his help, but can you imagine how even more rediculously talented those teams would have been with CJ @ RB? insta-heisman.

More like... can you imagine if CJ was anywhere with Morris***

Dec 12, 2013, 11:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CJ was the best player in college football his senior year

Dec 12, 2013, 11:40 PM [ in reply to I was even more upset when CJ didn't get an invite.... ]

I lost what respect I had for the Heisman trophy folks when he didn't even get an invite to NY.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im not surprised at all. Being Clemson 1 and in the ACC 2

Dec 12, 2013, 11:48 PM

However, Im very dissapointed bc his track record shows he is one of the best Qbs in the last 2-3 years. But looking at his stats just THIS YEAR he was very bad in our only two losses of the year, great in alot of the other games but still struggled in some like NCState. Its all about the big games unfortunately and that undeniable consistency. Unfortunately his stats didnt really show that.

About 5 more players can make the same claim.***

Dec 12, 2013, 11:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could you image if lattimore came to clemson instead of wasting his talents at usc jr college?

Dec 13, 2013, 12:34 AM

Clemson, with latty, morris and our wrs would've been insane. Go ahead and and tack on 1, maybe 2 more wins/yr & a natty title... instead of an 11th place ring and a 3rd round pick in the draft. Such a shame

a travesty, really......***

Dec 13, 2013, 12:35 AM

Re: a travesty, really......***

Dec 13, 2013, 4:16 AM

his choke's at usuc & Fla. St. for 2 years in a row had something to do with it

It's a travesty that a grown man (who likes to hold big rods

Dec 13, 2013, 6:29 AM

is so insecure and humiliated by own teams shortcomings that he has to spend every hour of his house arrest posting on his rival's message board.

Re: It's a travesty that Tajh was not invited to NY given all***

Dec 13, 2013, 7:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

blah....anyway..boys had 3

Dec 13, 2013, 7:15 AM

High profile games to earn votes. He took advantage of the 1st and was leading the votes up till fsu.. He had a chance to at least get back in top 5 in the usuc game. Playing well against espn's idol clown would have made a big impression on voters.
Fact is those 3 games decided his Heisman chances which were all in his control.
I appreciate him add much add any other fan, but he simply didn't do what he needed to win this popularity trophy.nothing tragic about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I don't see it....he played good but not great

Dec 13, 2013, 8:00 AM

if he played better against FSU and SC he would've easily rec'd an invite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic