Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Best thing since sliced bread: Clemson commit shines in Shrine Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Best thing since sliced bread: Clemson commit shines in Shrine Bowl

Dec 21, 2015, 7:01 AM

Best thing since sliced bread: Clemson commit shines in Shrine Bowl

The state of North Carolina has seen what Cornell Powell can do, but Saturday the talented wide receiver put on a show for South Carolinians, and Powell later said his decision to be a Tiger is the "best thing since sliced bread." Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hello? Special Teams coach, please...

Dec 21, 2015, 7:56 AM

This kid is an incredible talent. Maybe we can get a Specials Teams coach who can teach our return team how to block on both punt and kickoff returns... otherwise Powell's talent will be wasted.

Same goes for the coverage teams... it's obvious from watching this year that the players don't understand what they're doing... not their fault. It's not just a matter of missing tackles and assignments... it appears to be a lack of understanding what they need to do.

If we're going to be a complete team, this dimension really needs to be added.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AGREE, wholeheartedly - GO TIGERS, THANKS CORNELL!***

Dec 21, 2015, 8:29 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hello? Special Teams coach, please...

Dec 21, 2015, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Hello? Special Teams coach, please... ]

Admittedly, we need help on Special Teams. This is not a new thing, either. I hope we address that next year and every year thereafter, both on the kicks/punts and on the returns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this guy is special! 3 KO returns for 203 and a TD which was

Dec 21, 2015, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Hello? Special Teams coach, please... ]

a 98 yd return. The article in the local paper said that his sr year, he returned a KO for a TD in his first 5 games and the opponents quit kicking to him...."I was just happy to see someone kicking to me again" was what was said after the Shrine Bowl performance. I will be glad when he gets here and YES!!! we do need a special teams coach!

Re: New Story: Best thing since sliced bread: Clemson commit shines in Shrine Bowl

Dec 21, 2015, 8:58 AM

This guy is another in a long and prestigious line of amazing Clemson wr's. Looking forward to seeing him on the team. Geez think of the talent for next year! The rich get richer.
GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN always has 1 star less than everybody else***

Dec 21, 2015, 9:58 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

True, unless they're committed to the SEC.***

Dec 21, 2015, 10:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

It's a shame that it's true.

Dec 21, 2015, 11:00 AM

It's not as if stars win games though, ESPiN doesn't control or even influence that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Best thing since sliced bread: Clemson commit shines in Shrine Bowl

Dec 21, 2015, 10:11 AM

He seems very confident in his ability at his position. Another good player coming to the Tigers. Hopefully, he will get playing time early and often. GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 21, 2015, 11:45 AM

"...and three kickoff returns for 203 yards and a touchdown."

THAT is what I want to hear. We might actually get another Justin Miller for KO returns. Now we won't have to start every KO inside the 26 yard line.

Ray Ray when healthy has been close to

Dec 21, 2015, 11:48 AM

running a few back this year as well. I hope to see both of them back there next year.

Dec 21, 2015, 5:29 PM

Welcome, welcome to Tiger Town and Tiger family. Go Tigers!!!!!!!vc

??

Dec 22, 2015, 12:18 AM

??????????

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ??

Dec 22, 2015, 12:47 AM

We need this so bad. When watching games with my dad this year I got to the point where I was yelling just to fall on the ball, call a fair catch, or let the ball go where it may and let the kicking team touch the ball dead because I have no trust in our special teams. Guys we are 13-0 with one phase of the game being pretty much dead. If we could get this phase of the game going we will be even more dangerous. Why will Dabo not look it another coach for ST? From what I've read he isn't even that good in recruiting either. Am I right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic