Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oregon County caves on their racist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,869

Oregon County caves on their racist

Jun 25, 2020, 3:28 PM

statute that only White People must wear masks... Even Commies can be shamed...or threatened...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oregon County caves on their racist

Jun 25, 2020, 3:50 PM

I think you misunderstood the article. I would read a little deeper.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/coronavirus/article243773412.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I read it and wow

Jun 25, 2020, 4:52 PM

Asking for equal application of laws and regulations is “racist backlash”. Got it.

Also enjoyed the bit about black people deciding whether or not to wear bandanas. Nice

Would have liked at least some anecdotal examples of the “racist vitriol”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oregon County caves on their racist

Jun 25, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon County caves on their racist ]

I made no mistake, buddy..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes you did, buddy

Jun 25, 2020, 6:01 PM

From the Oregon Council....
We included the last protection for those within our communities of color who historically, and often personally, found themselves the victims of harassment and violence. After last month’s protests, the national attention given to issues of racism, police tactics and inequity, we felt this last exception would be embraced and understood as a small effort to start addressing the realities some of our neighbors deal with on a daily basis.

We are shocked and appalled at the volume of horrifically racist commentary we have received regarding this policy exception. The vitriol that county leadership, staff, and community partners, have been subjected to is unprecedented. All this only a month after George Floyd’s death.

The expressions of racism regarding the exception has created a ripple of fear throughout our communities of color. The very policy meant to protect them, is now making them a target for further discrimination and harassment.

Let us be very clear. The Directive and policy were meant to protect. Threats and racist statements turned it into a policy that now harms.

While shocking, it did not surprise us to receive racist calls from elsewhere in the country…because that is where we tell ourselves the world’s problems are right? Well that is not completely true. We were surprised by the number of derogatory calls and emails received from our very own coastal communities. We would encourage you to think less about the possibility of your rights being violated and think instead of the heightened feelings of risk that people of color in your neighborhoods daily endure.

The County also received several calls from leadership from our communities of color asking us to revise the policy – it was not providing them protection, but instead making them possible targets for more hate. To address those concerns, we are revising our Public Health Directive and face covering policies. It saddens us greatly that we need to do that. We will not continue a Directive and policies that were intended to assist but instead are a potential source of harm for those we are sworn to protect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing proves a vague point

Jun 25, 2020, 6:27 PM

Like repoasting your own linked article. Maybe you can enlighten those of us less nuanced folk as to what you managed to extrapolate from this journalistic turd. I’ll give you an example of how I’d translate a portion;

“We are shocked and appalled at the volume of horrifically racist commentary we have received regarding this policy exception. The vitriol that county leadership, staff, and community partners, have been subjected to is unprecedented. All this only a month after George Floyd’s death.”

I read: We can’t believe after this unfortunate event and the ensuing protests and violence that you have the temerity to call out our unequal application of the law. (Irony being this mask regulation vs the call for equal treatment of all races under the law)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a Secret Agenda to Kill People of Color***

Jun 25, 2020, 5:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,869
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic