Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its Great to Hate NC State: 2012
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 901

Its Great to Hate NC State: 2012

Oct 16, 2018, 9:26 AM

November 17, 2012

NC State - 48
(11)Clemson - 62

What a ridiculous game 2012 NC State was. I vividly remember looking up at the East Endzone Scoreboard at one point: 03:00 left in the 3Q. 55 Points on the board. Yet somehow, just as uncomfortable as I was when we were down by 11. Even after scoring 6 unanswered TDs, it just seemed like we could never stop them. Not sure i've ever seen a team hit more long plays in 1 game than State on this day. 4 of NC State's TD Drives took just 1 play.

Tajh set a school record with 531 Total Yards and 8 TDs (5 passing, 3 Rushing). But, N.C. State’s WR Tobias Palmer set an ACC record with 496 all-purpose yards. He had 277 yards on kickoff returns and caught seven passes for 219 yards and three touchdowns. Mike Glennon was 29-of-53 for 493 yards and five touchdowns.

https://youtu.be/fjl-qIl9neU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Its Great to Hate NC State: 2012

Oct 16, 2018, 9:37 AM

I remember this game very well. I had a different feeling than you however. I can remember having a conversation with my dad the Sunday after and he was telling me all about how close Clemson was to losing the game. He watched from home and I was at the game. I had a completely different take and felt that NC State scoring so many points was more of an annoyance because sitting in the stadium I felt there was absolutely nothing NC State could do to stop us from scoring. I didn't think the game was in doubt at any point in the second half.

If I'm remembering correctly, NC State had a CB who lead the nation in INTs and Nuk torched him several times on long TDs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll probably get flamed for this but I never

Oct 16, 2018, 9:41 AM

understood why we hired Mike Reed who was coaching their DB's at the time to become our DB coach at the end of that season.

Re: I'll probably get flamed for this but I never

Oct 16, 2018, 9:45 AM

As stated above I'm pretty sure entering the game with us that he had a CB leading the nation in INTs. You could argue that their talent at DB was not very good but what he did with them against everybody not named Clemson was pretty impressive. I think the hire has worked out pretty well in our favor.

Re: Its Great to Hate NC State: 2012

Oct 16, 2018, 9:49 AM

Game was almost as good as the 2011 Maryland game in just sheer bonkerness.

If I was going to pick an NC State Game, it would be 2014. Brissett with 35 passing years total and basically a QBR of 0. I think Cole Stoudt did not complete one pass and still had a higher QBR that Brissett.

That and the fumble in the endzone for a TD was the closest NC State got to an offensive play... so not just a big 0 for them but they spotted us 7 too.

Replies: 4
| visibility 901
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic