Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Dangerous Option: Swinney previews Georgia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

New Story: Dangerous Option: Swinney previews Georgia Tech

Oct 6, 2015, 1:49 PM

Dangerous Option: Swinney previews Georgia Tech

No matter what Georgia Tech’s record happens to be, the Yellow Jackets are always a tough out for Clemson, and that was never more apparent after the drubbing Tech put on Clemson in 2014 Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its Amazing How Everyone We Play Is Good Team ----

Oct 6, 2015, 2:48 PM

Not so sure in some cases. Some teams just might be good at running the same 10 or 12 plays game after game but the end result of that game is them losing or close to losing.

Good teams know how to win ....sure thats true. I think the way they win tells just how good they are.

Just my theory.

Re: Its Amazing How Everyone We Play Is Good Team ----

Oct 6, 2015, 3:10 PM

----and everyone the coots play are sec national champions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its Amazing How Everyone We Play Is Good Team ----

Oct 6, 2015, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Its Amazing How Everyone We Play Is Good Team ---- ]

I've been around football long enough to know why every team we play is said to be "good". The play here is to complement your opponent's strengths, not give them any "locker room material" (Media trash talk from the other team used as motivation) to feed off of, and all the while work hard to find a way to beat them. It's how world-class coaches conduct themselves in these kind of interviews, and it seems like Dabo has a pretty solid grip on things!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach talk.. Is this your first football game?***

Oct 6, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Its Amazing How Everyone We Play Is Good Team ---- ]

Can you imagine a coach doing otherwise . . .that would

Oct 6, 2015, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Its Amazing How Everyone We Play Is Good Team ---- ]

be pretty funny, even if unclassy:

Reporter: "Coach, what are your musings about your opponent going into this weekend's game?"

Coach: "Well, frankly I told our boys not to worry much about this one. Our opponent just isn't all that great this year - their personnel is alright I guess - so-so, maybe, but nothing to get all shook up about. They have fairly mediocre speed, moderate strength, and so on. They have some real stars in the secondary and offensive backfield, but those guys haven't really fulfilled their potential, don't see that focused, and aren't really very well-coached, so we think we can take 'em if we at least show up on Saturday. . . . Next question?"

I could see Spurrier doing that, IF he had a good team.***

Oct 6, 2015, 10:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seen Enough Myself ----

Oct 6, 2015, 4:12 PM

I know plenty thats what coaches do to when talking about their opponent. Its just a trip how many times I've heard that phrase.

I would tell my players about a certain team that - ""They may not have a good record and they may not be that great on film but if you half a** around you will get beat 40 - 0 before you know it. Now let's not let that kind of thing happen and win this!"" Thats what I would tell them.

I don't know who or what Chickenlina does...nor do I care. All I know when they play Clemson its supposed to be feathers plucked and chickens stuffed.

GT is an issue every season

Oct 6, 2015, 5:34 PM

The chop blocks (thats what they are i dont care what GT calls them) alone take a toll on the legs of the defense. But the triple option is something that is extremely hard to figure out and you know Paul Johnson has some tricks up his sleeve for this game. Watson has got to use his feet this game again and Dabo has to figure out another RB to help Gallman so hes not killing himself the entire game. They need to get Ray Ray and D. Cain envolved more and Renfrow too. Them 3 along with Scott would make for a nightmare for any team to contain. They need to quit being so conservative and unleash the fury that is the Tigers!!

Agree. Play calling has to be abit more innovative. Everyone

Oct 6, 2015, 6:00 PM

in the stadium knew when DW was going to get the call to run. He did OK most of the time. But keep that up and he may not last the season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"They kicked our butt last year..."

Oct 6, 2015, 7:46 PM

I don't often disagree with Dabo, but they didn't kick our butt last year, we kicked our own butt with the 2 pick sixes. Plain and simple. And that ain't gonna happen this year. We win by at least 14.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic