Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Williams will miss extended time with neck injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

FB Update: Williams will miss extended time with neck injury

Sep 6, 2015, 6:11 PM

Williams will miss extended time with neck injury

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whew.....***

Sep 6, 2015, 6:12 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Medical redshirt

Sep 6, 2015, 6:16 PM

I think we should all assume that's going to happen. He needs to take care of himself and there are plenty of guys who can fill in. If he comes back, great, but I definitely don't want him to get injured again

Re: Medical redshirt

Sep 6, 2015, 6:23 PM

we have probably seen his last catch as a Clemson Tiger, though I hope I am wrong.

Why wouldn't he redshirt and come back next year?***

Sep 6, 2015, 6:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't need to RS to come back next year.

Sep 6, 2015, 6:30 PM

He's only a junior. The question would be, would he still leave early, as many predicted,if he misses half the year ?

It would be a tough call for him.

Sep 6, 2015, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Medical redshirt ]

Take a medical RS and come back to raise his draft stock, or leave early and take his chances based on last year's accomplishments. Obviously I'd like to see him come back but we'll still be able to watch him make those ridiculous catches on Sundays.

Heal quick Mike! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

he is a junior so he doesn't need to take a medical RS...

Sep 6, 2015, 6:53 PM

to play another season

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needs a medical redshirt to not lose this season

Sep 6, 2015, 8:03 PM

If he wants to come back and play two full years.

would not have hit the padding if the Wofford player had not pushed him into it

Sep 6, 2015, 8:14 PM

Just saying

Message was edited by: bengalbabe®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wofford kid was just playing football, nothing intentional

Sep 6, 2015, 8:22 PM

Re: would not have hit the padding if the Wofford player had not pushed him into it

Sep 6, 2015, 9:10 PM [ in reply to would not have hit the padding if the Wofford player had not pushed him into it ]

You do realize football is a contact sport, right? Just sayin'...

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what the Wofford player did.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: would not have hit the padding if the Wofford player had not pushed him into it

Sep 6, 2015, 11:23 PM

Believe you meant to say football is a collision sport.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if the Wofford player had not pushed him

Sep 7, 2015, 5:34 AM [ in reply to would not have hit the padding if the Wofford player had not pushed him into it ]

if Wofford player had not pushed him, Williams might have hit the middle of the goalpost instead of the edge. If a frog....

The Wofford player was trying to push Williams out of bounds and almost did ... it was so close the call on the field missed the toe stab in the endzone. Williams made a great play that negated the good play of the Wofford player. Williams was covered but he went up and got the ball.

We all should be praying for Williams and his family... The Wofford player did not intend to hurt Williams.

Sep 7, 2015, 6:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Medical redshirt ]

He will be back in 2 months if he wears the brace and does what the doctors tell him.
I got in a wreck my Sr year of HS and broke a bone in my neck. It was right before BB season and I was playing after Christmas break. That was 20 years ago so I'm sure treatment is better now.

Sep 8, 2015, 11:54 AM

But why would he risk re-injuring his neck BEFORE he gets NFL cash in his pocket? that's my point. not that he will be ABLE to play for Clemson again, but would it be smart for him personally to do so? I think not, but only he knows his situation.

Just glad hes ok!***

Sep 6, 2015, 6:17 PM

Question..I know the base of the posts are square not but

Sep 6, 2015, 6:22 PM

the padding would be safer if it were rounded. A flat surface or corner will deliver more of a blow when contact is made. Rounded can offer more glancing contact. Not in every case, but more than not.

Re: Question..I know the base of the posts are square not but

Sep 6, 2015, 6:40 PM

I think we should all email Associate Athletic Director of Finance & Facilties at Clemson Graham Neff about changing to a round goalpost. His email is neffg@clemson.edu

It probably has occured to them that this is a problem

Sep 6, 2015, 7:36 PM

and needs fixing. 3 inches of padding on the corner of a square steel post is not much protection

Re: Question..I know the base of the posts are square not but

Sep 6, 2015, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Question..I know the base of the posts are square not but ]

I was thinking that very same thing. Take those square edges off, and I would think they would glance off of it much easier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct about rounding the padding - and adding more padding

Sep 6, 2015, 10:19 PM

How could a great engineering school like Clemson not have somebody to warn the AD or coach offices about the goal post padding?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Williams will miss extended time with neck injury

Sep 6, 2015, 6:24 PM

Phew, glad hes ok:) Heal up Mike<3

Prayers for a quick recovery! ***

Sep 6, 2015, 6:27 PM

NM

As tnet's self proclaimed trauma RN, my educated guess

Sep 6, 2015, 6:29 PM

Is that its a transverse process fracture. Each vertebrae looks like a flattened circle with a "handle" on each side. Inside the curcle is the spinal cord. The "handles" are the tranverse processes. They provide stability to the spinal cord, but pose no risk to his overall health.
Obviously, the fracture has to heal. My guess is a brace for 8-12 weeks, then cleared with some follow up scans.
Get well soon Mike!!

null

Re: As tnet's self proclaimed trauma RN, my educated guess

Sep 6, 2015, 6:47 PM

Exactly. This happened to a friend of mine. Unfortunately his did not heal after 8+ weeks in a brace and he required spinal fusion. Praying this heals perfectly for MW.

Re: As tnet's self proclaimed trauma RN, my educated guess

Sep 6, 2015, 7:44 PM [ in reply to As tnet's self proclaimed trauma RN, my educated guess ]

Win it heals, doesn't that crack get stronger than it was before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 6:53 PM

Man, I hate to see these kids work so hard only to have it all come crashing down on a freak injury. Same with all these torn ACLs.

Hope For A Speedy Recovery For You Mike ----

Sep 6, 2015, 7:06 PM

Clemson has just received the weirdest bad breaks and outcomes with our players within days and hours of game 1.

If we are to win a championship ...we will do it with the deck and everything stacked against us in more ways than we will know. The team needs to really come together and realize what's ahead and just defy the odds from here on out.

This team needs to pray for one another to stay healthy and have each others back. Lets come together and ###### these championships from those who want to and think they're going to win it.

Go Tigers ....Stay healthy

Re: Hope For A Speedy Recovery For You Mike ----

Sep 6, 2015, 7:52 PM

You have forgotten one very important ingredient to winning a NC...Luck!!!

those who want to and think they're going to win it.

Sep 7, 2015, 5:51 AM [ in reply to Hope For A Speedy Recovery For You Mike ---- ]

Ain't that us.....

Sep 6, 2015, 8:30 PM

I'm really happy that he will be ok. As for #2 for Wofford I think he shoved him cause he was already beat and tried to shove him into it from the angles I saw. He got shoved after the feet where down. Hope something can be learned from this.

Sep 6, 2015, 9:15 PM

Quit pointing fingers....it was a freak accident. Let's move on. A lot of things factored into the injury. Just like with most injuries in football.

Sep 7, 2015, 10:18 AM

Don't blame the Wofford player. He was trying to prevent a TD. Our D-Backs would have done same thing.

Sep 7, 2015, 5:53 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Williams will miss extended time with neck injury ]

The Wofford player was trying to push him out of bounds.... I doubt if either player saw the goal post!

Sep 7, 2015, 4:06 PM

He's out for the season http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523607/article/pittsburgh-rb-james-conner-out-for-season-with-injury

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic