Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will COVID19 Lay-off & Lack of Training Affect Football Team’s Performance?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,302

Will COVID19 Lay-off & Lack of Training Affect Football Team’s Performance?

Mar 31, 2020, 9:40 AM

..If They Should Play Ball Again, say in Sept.

Wondering, since it will affect me in my usual vigor & physicality of getting my decal-decorated rv van stealth (illegally) parked somewhere around campus or town and hoofing it over to Death Valley in that humid weather.

Can’t wait to try it out again this Season and cross my fingers!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be a problem not unique to Clemson.***

Mar 31, 2020, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

In this new world of hypersensitivity

Mar 31, 2020, 10:08 AM

I am afraid that this virus will change us as a society.

I believe we will have a football season, but it may be an abbreviated one either on the front side, back end or maybe both.

First of all, I believe the top teams are going to be fine physically. The staff, I am sure, is monitoring and have a great workout routine for the players. The top guys are machines and have been doing this almost all of their life. Self discipline is the key. Teams that have it in their DNA can weather it. Yes there will be some players that hit the fridge way too much (me too included)

Your mid to lower teams, however, won't fare too well. On the front end, the middle to lower teams are going to cry about not being ready. Will the NCAA cave to them? My guess, they will and will claim player safety (being out of shape). We may see a delayed season.

On the back end of the season: Here is where the second wave of the virus may affect. If a fall round of the virus flairs up, I'm afraid that the NCAA will call it quits as soon as the first hotspot is around.

My hope is we can get a full season and that is where my mind is focused. Maybe the government can get the vaccine sooner than later.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In this new world of hypersensitivity

Mar 31, 2020, 10:55 AM

I think that the earliest they are predicting a vaccine is sometime in September, and it isn't yet known if it will be effective. This virus will cause a lot of danged if you do, and danged if you don't, type of situations!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. They get to practice against the best players on earth

Mar 31, 2020, 10:08 AM

...after they return.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FM nailed it

Mar 31, 2020, 10:20 AM

It's absolutely a problem but one every single sports team in the nation is facing. It sucks but it won't put us at a disadvantage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, ACC speed will be at SEC speed and SEC speed will be at

Mar 31, 2020, 10:51 AM

BIG-10 speed and BIG-10 speed will be at really good high school team speed. PAC-10 will still be irrelevant and Oklahoma will come out of the Big-12 and get beat by whoever they play.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will COVID19 Lay-off & Lack of Training Affect Football Team’s Performance?

Mar 31, 2020, 11:40 AM

Mostly a set of serious posts, thank you. I wonder if NCAA rules allow schools to send meal money to players while they are shut of the training tables at school? Do not mean this to be funny but can you imagine how big Jackson Carman and others will be if they are eating like most of us are now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,302
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic