Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And, Dabo just stated he didn't care about the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

And, Dabo just stated he didn't care about the

Sep 4, 2018, 11:36 AM

Nike controversy. So, ... if you choose to not buy Nike products, that is your right. Please exercise it. However, it appears Clemson will exercise their right and carry out their contract.

Settled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: And, Dabo just stated he didn't care about the

Sep 4, 2018, 11:38 AM

I'm still burning all my Nike stuff and am gonna make some very strongly worded posts on Facebook and send a mean email.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 11:50 AM

If anyone just bought the new Clemson Nike shoe and wants to get rid of them I will take them off your hands. I'm a size 10.

Being the "thrifty" person that I am, I will keep mine.

Sep 4, 2018, 11:56 AM

It's hard for me to justify burning $115 for something that was finalized after I purchased them. Nike already has my money. Therefore, they win. However, if I choose to no longer purchase Nike products, along with many others, Nike will get the message.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Being the "thrifty" person that I am, I will keep mine.

Sep 4, 2018, 1:17 PM

Well it was worth a shot... lol

How did they win?

Sep 4, 2018, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Being the "thrifty" person that I am, I will keep mine. ]

You got something you wanted, a pair of shoes with a Clemson Paw on them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They got my money to pay CK ... although that minuscule

Sep 4, 2018, 3:52 PM

amount is probably less than 0.1% of what they paid him. And, yes, I did get shoes with a Tiger Paw on them ... like several others I saw at the game Saturday. There were two other guys less than 10 feet from my seat that had the exact same style on.

Pics or it didn’t happen?***

Sep 4, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: And, Dabo just stated he didn't care about the ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 11:38 AM

Clemson is a liberal school. The majority of the higher ups would unfortunately probably spit on the flag also

Sep 4, 2018, 1:01 PM

You’re right. Sorry you’re getting TD’d but you’re 100% correct.

It wasn't when I graduated in 1980

Sep 4, 2018, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: And, Dabo just stated he didn't care about the ]

Faulty maybe, but most students were conservative. The pendulum will probably swing back again ... hopefully soon.

Re: It wasn't when I graduated in 1980

Sep 4, 2018, 3:44 PM

Doubt that, Bud. Majority females and most "males" would fail the military physical at 19 years of age.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: And, Dabo just stated he didn't care about the ]

Clemson definitely has gotten more liberal, but a large part is still very conservative, at least compared to other places.

Sep 4, 2018, 8:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that you just described pretty much every University anymore. Centers of liberalism and indoctrination in many cases.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol like he could have said anything different

Sep 4, 2018, 11:56 AM

*please see our contract with Nike

Upload the contract and I will have our TNet lawyer review.***

Sep 4, 2018, 1:28 PM

@GWPTiger

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh hey there

Sep 4, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Lol like he could have said anything different ]

81TigerS16 how ya been? Maybe you can just tell me what the contract says and I can provide some guidance here. Thanks.

Oh by the way, how did you feel about the game Saturday? I mean, you called for the firing of a young Clemson student and intern because she predicted we would score 28 points, which you declared we would score at least that much in the first quarter. We scored 10 in the first quarter and 27 in the first half. So...you were wrong?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Ouch!***

Sep 4, 2018, 3:53 PM

Lol if i was wrong, what does that make her pick?

Sep 4, 2018, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Oh hey there ]

28-7..... lololololol

Sep 4, 2018, 1:30 PM

Nike is big money to Clemson , and there is very little they could do to change it even if they wanted to .
The majority of our players would likely side with Kaepernick and so why would coach Swinney ever announce that he disagreed with the Nike stance ... given that ultimately its fluff to begin with and matters none in the grand scheme of things .

DB23

Yep

Sep 4, 2018, 2:29 PM

It would be idiotic for Dabo to speak against Nike. It would bring negative attention to the program when everything is going well right now.

I’m with Dabo. I could not care less what Nike does.

Sep 4, 2018, 1:44 PM

Don’t care what the NFL does. Don’t care what their players do.

For all of you that do care, I wish you’d just get going with your silly protests and ####.

Sep 4, 2018, 1:54 PM

Nike makes tennis shoes and jerseys.

Grown men who are not playing in a sporting event have no business wearing either.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So my running shoes aren't Nike products?

Sep 4, 2018, 2:56 PM

Or clothing to support it? I'm of a certain age and I sure as ***t wear it. I'm not happy with their stance and will probably not buy anymore, but whatever. I do love blanket statements, though ...

Re: So my running shoes aren't Nike products?

Sep 4, 2018, 3:48 PM

Nike makes blankets ?

DB23

i could use one of those blankets. winter is a-comin'.***

Sep 4, 2018, 3:52 PM

Wut....?***

Sep 4, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: And, Dabo just stated he didn't care about the ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: And, Dabo just stated he didn't care about the ]

Go hump a Billygoat. I wear what i please twinkletoes.

Clemson adheres to a contract?

Sep 4, 2018, 2:24 PM

Who is surprised at that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he just learned from the last time he spoke on this

Sep 4, 2018, 2:32 PM

crap.

He probably has opinion like the rest of us, but he's now smart enough not to voice it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't pull a Fedora***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:19 PM

I agree with Dabo

Sep 4, 2018, 4:31 PM

I care about college football, not the NFL.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic