Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell called the NIT tournament “prestigious”...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,734

Brownell called the NIT tournament “prestigious”...

Mar 18, 2019, 4:23 PM

About as prestigious as the Belk Bowl.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also said that they would have preferred to be in the

Mar 18, 2019, 4:25 PM

Preposterous is more like it***

Mar 18, 2019, 4:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Preposterous is more like it***

Mar 18, 2019, 4:54 PM

LOL coots didn't even get that. What did you want Brownell to say "NIT is a piece of crap, why did you invite us????" Some in this room have no freaking clue, ##### ##### ##### about everything.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i get what he was saying, it is an honor to be chosen for

Mar 18, 2019, 5:46 PM

any tournament and he was trying to be upbeat and optimistic for the fans but at the same time the joe schmoe fan that only hears about the big dance could care less about the NIT and he should know better than to go there....just for his own sanity. Clemson fans have gotten spoiled by our football success and its permeating in our other 2 major sports and creating more pressure for those coaches.

Honestly i'm going to cringe when our football program has a down year (meaning not undefeated or not in the CFP)and see/hear the garbage from our entitled fan base. Hopefully we know how to extend grace a little better than how we're doing with Brad. But there will always be that fringe group that can't get a grip on reality.

Re: Brownell called the NIT tournament “prestigious”...

Mar 18, 2019, 5:49 PM

This article should have never been opened and left that way until taken down bc it is a really an embarrassing statement!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell called the NIT tournament “prestigious”...

Mar 18, 2019, 7:30 PM

Regardless of his choice of adjective, if you know anything about nonverbal communication you know that CBB nor his team want to be in the NIT. He literally holds his breath and says “prestigious” on a deep exhale. Most likely he knows his player and staff are listening as well as the fans. I guess he could act like a PO’d internet board poster and say how crappy the NIT is and how he could care less...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was prestigious...up until about 1960!!***

Mar 18, 2019, 7:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was prestigious...up until about 1960!!***

Mar 18, 2019, 9:16 PM

I think Brownell was entirely correct to use an accurate, obsolete adjective to describe the obsolete tournament spot his team was awarded.

I was going to say that the NCAA Tournament gained its ascendancy between 1960-1975. It took awhile because only conference champions could play in the NCAA, and too often the matchups were totally predictable. The champions certainly were, since Cincinnati and UCLA won I think 13 of 15 championships.

It wasn't until the NCAA expanded beyond the conference champions only that it really gained a higher stature than the NIT. Prior to that, teams actually got better media exposure through the NIT because all the games were played in Madison Square Garden. (Neither tournament had TV coverage for games before the Finals.)

All that to say that BB used the highest word he legitimately could to describe the invitation.

Now I just hope the guys play like they really want to be there. God knows I don't want to make SEC-type excuses for our guys who I really like.

Hopefully all of you know that this is coachspeak.

Mar 18, 2019, 8:46 PM

Brad was clear in saying that our team wants to be in the NCAA Tournament, but he also can’t just say that the NIT is a crappy tournament. Because it isn’t. It is a far cry from the mediocre tournament it was up until very recently, when all you had to do was finish .500 or better to get in. There are some good teams in it.

Some of you are mad about the season and are just piling on for no reason other than to vent and complain,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Hopefully all of you know that this is coachspeak.

Mar 18, 2019, 9:52 PM

Some things are better left unsaid.

I think Brad has the attitude that a lot of fans have about our basketball program....that it just is what it is.

Re: Hopefully all of you know that this is coachspeak.

Mar 19, 2019, 5:02 AM [ in reply to Hopefully all of you know that this is coachspeak. ]

Moron.

Of course it is “prestigious”...

Mar 18, 2019, 9:25 PM

Unfortunately that is what you have to say when even if you win it, you finish 69th.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,734
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic