Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who else is sick and tired of hearing that us fans were upset with the win?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Who else is sick and tired of hearing that us fans were upset with the win?

Nov 28, 2018, 11:23 AM

I don’t remember seeing fan interviews, or fans on any social media say that it felt like a loss! So why are we being made out to be the bad guys when it was a member of the media that posted that story? So is this how it is on TigerNet now.. blame fans. Take No ownership in your own story? Let fans take the heat , even though we have No voice? Ever player or coach interview I have watched has a member of the media saying it was fans. That’s just garbage ethics
GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not me I love these threads filling up all the internets

Nov 28, 2018, 11:24 AM

with people arguing over Dabo leaving

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had forgotten about that...

Nov 28, 2018, 11:26 AM

until now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

have you noticed

Nov 28, 2018, 11:30 AM

That some ‘fans’ make posts with the intention of starting a series of negative post about the coaches and teams.
It makes me sick!

There has already been post about the basketball team not making the tournament, or winning fifteen games, or how bad Coach Brownell is etc etc etc. But you can do things like this if you don’t have the ball$ to sign up with your real name!

Re: have you noticed

Nov 28, 2018, 1:42 PM

I concur with your post and am both impressed and a little jealous that your real name is Forest Tiger!

Re: have you noticed

Nov 28, 2018, 5:23 PM

I have a bio. Do you?

I'm sick of people who can't let it go

Nov 28, 2018, 11:29 AM

Hood is the best thing about TigerNet and has always operated with integrity imho. If he is referencing the bitching that was going on all of TigerNet then that is fine...though I would be surprised if that was his only source.

Furthermore, what should his headline have been? What about:

"Tigers look dominant in all phases, Bama peeing down their legs in fear"

Is that better?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about "Tigers Dominate Gamecocks in 56-35 Win"

Nov 28, 2018, 11:31 AM

that would be much more accurate than feeling like a loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who else is sick and tired of hearing that us fans were upset with the win?

Nov 28, 2018, 11:29 AM

It was mainly certain fans lashing out on social media and directed to players like Muse. I honestly don't think anyone was upset with winning, it was the surprise of giving up 35 pts and 500 yards passing...tho the 500 came in the final 30 secs in garbage time. But still, I guess because it could've been 56-7 again instead. People get spoiled by constant blowouts and they expect to win by 40 every time for some reason. The game was over when it was 49-21 going into the 4th, anything after that was irrelevant to me. But like Dabo said....2% just like every fan base.

Nov 28, 2018, 12:00 PM

actually a big chunk of that came in the first 3 quarters when it counted. but I dont care we won.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 1:41 PM

I just looked it up and after going up by 28 in the 4th quarter the coots scored twice and racked up a total of 184 yards (135 passing/ 49 rushing). Yeah I would say a third of there yards and over a third of there points came in garbage time when Dabo was trying to be nice and end there suffering.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tb ed article that started it is clearly posted on the front page

Nov 28, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Who else is sick and tired of hearing that us fans were upset with the win? ]

it was 1 fan that was singled out..who said the win felt like a loss.

I doubt he was a grad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I’m freaking SICK AND TIRED

Nov 28, 2018, 12:06 PM

But I think it’s just that time of year... lots of stuff going around

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was one of those Catch 22 situations, as there were

Nov 28, 2018, 12:07 PM

a lot of folks, including some in the media, predicting the game to be utter destruction of the Gamecocks.

Yet, there were those who remained a little more circumspect, mainly due to past experiences in the rivalry. No doubt about it, although we gave up a lot of yards, 21 points is a healthy enough margin to call it a decisive win. Those who were caught short of expectations may have been somewhat chagrined, even deflated.

But anyone bellyaching about the point difference and the Gamecock yardage and points should consider the alternative.........a loss. Which didn't happen and didn't happen by three touchdowns.

It was to this old timer a he1l of a victory. Number 5 in a row. A victory which kept us ranked Number 2 in the nation. It was good enough for me, and I'll defer to our staff to make whatever adjustments they deem necessary henceforth.

Now, on to Charlotte and GO TIGERRRRRS! MANHANDLE THE PANHANDLERS...ER, PANTHERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 12:31 PM

I don’t really think it’s that big of a deal , it was a Dabo statement took out of context.
The media ran with it , Dabo knows that this is the best fan base in the world and that a few people don’t make a fan base.

Dabo knows that didn't come from the fans. Dabo wasn't

Nov 28, 2018, 1:44 PM

angry with the fans, he was angry with Hood and wants to make sure the fans don't start buying into that kind of BS.

Nov 28, 2018, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Who else is sick and tired of hearing that us fans were upset with the win? ]

I happy with a one point win any day

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic