Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger

Oct 18, 2016, 8:44 AM

Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get the story right, will you!

Oct 18, 2016, 8:50 AM

Peale came back in and had another catch, 5 for the night, game high for Jets

Re: Get the story right, will you!

Oct 18, 2016, 8:53 AM

he got it right.. he said he had to leave the game.. which he did.. and he said he returned.. which he did.. maybe you need to read more than just the headline.

Oct 18, 2016, 9:03 AM

I think his point was that the headline is misleading (as most are).

it is just like any other media article...

Oct 18, 2016, 11:43 AM

the headline did its job...it made people read the article.

Oct 18, 2016, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Get the story right, will you! ]

who is Peale?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger

Oct 18, 2016, 8:51 AM
IMG_8350.PNG(54.9 K)

Going back to all the discussions yesterday about the Gallman hit... look where Swearinger's helmet is. If Peake braces for the impact and lowers his head just 2 inches, he's out cold with a concussion. There's no "square up, wrap up" tackling being done here. There's one goal on Swearinger's mind and that's aim to kill. Until this mentality or tackling technique is addressed, we will continue to see concussions / head injuries frequently. Funny how people were disagreeing that these hits happen all the time... that still shot is literally almost exactly what Gallman's looked like in freeze-frame. The only difference is Peake didn't expect it and didn't lower his helmet instinctually to brace for the impact.

Oct 18, 2016, 8:55 AM

so, how do you fix it? or is it just football?..

Oct 18, 2016, 9:34 AM

It's not just football, it's ESPN. The Big Hits make the highlights. Just like basketball highlights are all about dunks. Players want to see themselves on ESPN, so they do what is popular, fundamentals go out the door.

Oct 18, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger ]

I have never in my life wished anything bad for any athlete ever in any sport. But after watching the hit that gay coot put on Peake, I swear I hope something bad happens to that POS. Watching the hit on the video, it looked to be an intentional injury hit. And when he is taken out of FB, if my wish come true, I hope that it's another coot player that does it to him. I am freaking mad at that dirty sumbitch!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2016, 9:14 AM

Swearinger is a POS. Simple as that. His past actions speak of this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2016, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger ]
IMG_8336.PNG(72.4 K)
IMG_8350.PNG(54.9 K)

Oh they're headhunting us Tigers, that's for sure. Eerily similar, this hit and the one on Gallman. It's almost better to not tuck the helmet in and down when bracing for impact these days. If Peake'a head was just a little bit lower, he'd be in the same exact situation Wayne is in right now. This crap needs to stop.

Oct 18, 2016, 9:41 AM

What was his name besides dirty sumbitch, the LB at Album that intentionally crushed Parker's ribs. I thought he was a dirty player, but I never felt the anger and pure hate that I feel over Swearinger intent to do critical injury to Peake. If a picture says a 1000 words, that video speaks millions of cries that this type of intentional dirtiness should be dealt with. Iron to Iron, fire with fire!!! Clemson players always claim to be brothers for ever, then the NFL brothers should be chipping in to create a cash pot for a bounty on Swearinger. Peake was spitting up blood, puking up blood should be a toast for Swearinger to contend with. If he continues his intentional dirty tactics, retire him from the "Game" of pro FB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2016, 9:46 AM

Haha I hear you man. I was watching the game at a bar in Rutherford last night, about 2 miles from the stadium and there was almost a lynching of two Cards fans because of that hit. Your sentiments are well-received up here trust me lol.

There is very little similar about those 2 plays as far as

Oct 18, 2016, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger ]

the rule goes.

Not sure why you don't get it or maybe I am missing something ? ? ? ?

Gallman - in your picture - the woofpuppy is leading with the crown of his helmet - the top of his head.

By rule - using JUST THAT INFO (leading with the crown of the helmet) - it is a penalty.

Peake - in your picture - the thug is leading with his back / kinda shoulder / kinda something back there but not even close to the crown or top of his helmet.

Not a penalty.

Now - there is no doubt Swearinger is head hunting & is looking for the highlight reel . . . no doubt.

But - by rule - there is a huge difference in those 2 plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: There is very little similar about those 2 plays as far as

Oct 18, 2016, 10:14 AM

By "rule"? Yes, hence my mentioning the need for change in the rule or verbiage thereof.

But by "intent"? Almost identical. I know how much you love to argue Rocky but hopefully that cleared it up for you. :)

Not trying to argue. So - you are saying you would like the

Oct 18, 2016, 10:31 AM

rule to be written that includes penalizing Swearinger in the same way leading with the crown of the helmet is ?

Seriously - not arguing - just asking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Not trying to argue. So - you are saying you would like the

Oct 18, 2016, 10:45 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's a change in the rule that's needed or the consistency with which it is applied.

You mentioned only the portion regarding the crown of the helmet but there's also verbiage that states, "no player shall target and initiate contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, elbow or shoulder." With that in mind, I don't see why you cannot draw a parallel between the Gallman hit and the Peake hit last night. Swearinger's hit was clearly directed at the head / neck area. We rarely see cornerbacks / safeties going for the waist, knee level or ankles on hits like these. 9 times out of 10, they are trying to make sportscenter and knock their opponent out of the game, ''tis the nature of the game. But if the ultimate goal, in light of all the concussion findings of late, is to reduce helmet-to-helmet contact and helmet-initiated hits then something has to change. Whether that's rule verbiage, league-wide corporate re-training of officiating groups, or re-training of "how to tackle", I don't know. But until one of those things happen, these hits are frequent and inevitable. The other argument is that hitting low will result in more knee / career-ending injuries, right? Well no one is dying or getting dementia from a broken leg.

Understood. Good points.***

Oct 18, 2016, 10:48 AM

Oct 18, 2016, 12:30 PM [ in reply to There is very little similar about those 2 plays as far as ]

I don't disagree, but I do feel that if our guys was to get some get back. Dabo would have blown a gasket, and no telling how long he would suspend a got you back player for, and that is if he would let them remain on the team!!!

Oct 18, 2016, 2:15 PM

It was a vicious hit by Swearinger, who is known for hard-hitting. I don't like the idea of non-wrap up tackling at any level. We see it at almost every level now, defenders launching their bodies and shoulders at the offense player. I imagine young Mr. Swearinger has missed more than a few tackles by body-blocking instead of good fundamental form tackling. If anyone is at fault for getting Peake some serious pain, it should be Fitz, for not throwing the ball harder and sooner. As for those who are convinced that Swearinger is a dirty player, think about how some of the national sports media piled on Ben Boulware for a couple of plays this season. Remember the vicious hit on the big BC QB? Ben hit the QB with hand and forearm to the chest, but the QB lowered his head right before contact, putting his neck on Boulware's forearm, making it look like it's #10's fault. Anyway, I can't stand the sight of Swearinger's big hit celebrations, showing off, and bringing attention to himself, instead of the team. Sorry, old school here, and Cam Newton has proven beyond a doubt that if you win with emotion, you also lose with emotion, and may even act like a 9-year-old in the post game press conference!

Oct 18, 2016, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger ]

It is football though. I have been hit like that in practice in high school by my teammate that I loved and had no problem with it.

It was intentional.

Oct 18, 2016, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger ]

He said so in his post game interview.

"Swearinger said he was first angling for an interception, but when Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick held the ball a little longer, “I had to make him pay for it.”"

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Big-Hit-Big-Pick-For-DJ-Swearinger/1033d090-a6b5-418d-b16c-b8a4893a642f

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: It was intentional.

Oct 18, 2016, 12:32 PM

Not one time in the article did he say he "intentionally" meant to hurt Peake. It's not flag football. It's grown men at the top of their careers, playing football. There's gonna be big solid hit. This was one of them.

Oct 18, 2016, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger ]

Was there no flag? That was targeting for sure. Peake was defenseless as it gets.

Oct 18, 2016, 9:22 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, I thought the targeting rule was if you lead with your helmet. I just figured they didn't call it when Gallman was hurt because it wasn't "helmet to helmet", which makes the refs idiots. Pretty sure if you lead with the helmet, trying to hurt someone, it's targeting.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2016, 9:28 AM

Therein lies the problem. Basically every single tackle, all week long and at both levels, is led with the helmet. They've been pushing "square up / head up / wrap-up" tackling for as long as concussions have been discussed still to no avail. The Wolfpack were launching themselves headfirst all game long. But until there's an official rule change, or verbiage change within, "this is football".

Oct 18, 2016, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger ]

Here is your answer,

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/7/12829482/targeting-penalty-rulebook-ncaa-football

Oct 18, 2016, 10:01 AM

swearinger is THE DIRTEST PLAYER IN THE NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That isn't targeting by current rule definition.***

Oct 18, 2016, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger ]

Re: That isn't targeting by current rule definition.***

Oct 18, 2016, 1:22 PM

I agree, it's called intended to do bodily injury to your opponent, and in DJ's case, to an X Clemson player. And regardless of what ever comments are made about it's FB. There should be a mutual respect of not trying to injure your brothers of the game. The NFL is a job, treat as a job without trying to end another employee's job career!!! What DJ done was no different than a sucker/cowards punch!!!

Oct 18, 2016, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Peake leaves game after massive hit by Swearinger ]

Good point!

Still a thug***

Oct 18, 2016, 9:25 AM

Agree. That looked dirty. Like Targeting.

Oct 18, 2016, 10:30 PM

When you lead with your head into a defensiveless receiver, that is dirty. DJ is lucky to have not broken his neck.

FGF talking DJ up, but Boulware's hit at BC was dirty!

Oct 18, 2016, 10:31 AM

two faced bastiges!

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/swearinger.205909/

and they will be talking him up 30 years from now b/c

Oct 18, 2016, 10:48 AM

to them that will be the good ole days, back when they were good. I said it then and i'll say it again now, that stretch was the best years of their existence in football. Its the golden era of SCAR football and they will talk about those players forever. Now they're back to where they belong - a flatlined football program. At least they had a golden era so they should be happy. Their greatest accomplishment during that stretch is 5 in row on Clemson and 1 SEC lEASt division title where there were no other formidable teams...and really still aren't. But SCAR is irrelevant again where they belong and where they're comfortable. So if further scrambling his brain is considered success in the NFL then good on ya mate

What else are they going to talk about....

Oct 18, 2016, 12:43 PM [ in reply to FGF talking DJ up, but Boulware's hit at BC was dirty! ]

Wimmins basketball or wimmins soccer ?!?!?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

hero from their "glory years"...it's all they will ever have

Oct 18, 2016, 2:19 PM [ in reply to FGF talking DJ up, but Boulware's hit at BC was dirty! ]

Garcia's arrests, Swearinger's cheap shots, and Clowney's famous hit.

Peake had a great game. One tackle too.

Oct 18, 2016, 11:05 AM

Like all Tigers, in the long run we reign supreme alway over the coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2016, 12:56 PM

That hit was probably retaliation. Looks like Swearinger was not able to finish the job though because Charone came back in and got another catch after the hit. Tiger Nation is strong!!!

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic