Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Saturday in the Valley: It was different, but it was football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

TNET: Saturday in the Valley: It was different, but it was football

Sep 22, 2020, 8:01 AM

Saturday in the Valley: It was different, but it was football

Seeing a game in Death Valley Saturday was the culmination of weeks and months of worry that we would have a season, and even though it was different, it was football. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note.

Sep 22, 2020, 8:53 AM

Heading into this game, we were quite apprehensive, but I must say, if this is the new normal, sign me up.

1) We were able to drive to our multiple spaces on the Avenue of Champions without feeling like the Pope's procession driving through a bunch of third world urchins.

2) Once we parked, people had ample room to mill about, and I didn't have to worry about someone's riveted jorts scratching the paint on my new Range Rover SVR Autobiography.

3) My caterer had more room to spread out this time, and he could make flambéed dishes like bananas foster without worrying about some rugrat hitting the saute pan with a stray football.

4) Getting to the elevators was a snap, with only experienced gameday attendees accustomed to the suite life (that's just a fun term us stadium suite owners use, lol) and very few guests getting buttered up by smarmy salesmen.

5) While we were reduced to 8 tickets in the stadium, at halftime 4 of us were easily able to make our way down to those seats, and it was nice to spread out without having people yelling at refs with dip spit flying out of their mouths and little kids waving e.coli ridden pom-poms in our faces. After about 10 minutes of that, it was also easy to get back up to our suites.

While I really don't like Covid, I must say that the experience on Saturday was quite a silver lining. I've been telling Davis Babb for years that we really needed to work towards making gamedays a little more, well, exclusive and it seems that my wish has been granted. Nice job Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note.

Sep 22, 2020, 9:02 AM

Who is David Babb? You need to check your facts sheet.

Thank you good sir. Stupid autocorrect issue.

Sep 22, 2020, 9:05 AM

It would be easier if I could just cut and paste his name from the contact list in my phone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His close friends call him David - it's an inside joke you

Sep 22, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

could never possibly understand.

Those of us closest to him (and family) just call him DB.

It was good to see DB & the top crust of IPTAY Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 22, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

alot of what you posted didnt make sense to me but i feel ya on the room to spread out because a lot of my family memebers are quit large and the three seatabcks for we were prefect for me and my 175-lb 9 year old son, Braelyghn. I also appreciated the cleaniliness of the bathrooms because when i had to drop heat after our talgate Bo-Box the people in the green vests wiped away the overspray almost imeediately after i stood up. when I got back to the seatbacks Braelyghn was laying down and i sat on a bleacher so big guy could get some rest and one of the ushers told me we could only sit in the seatbacks or we would get covid. So I wok big boy up just in time for ETn's punt return which concerned me because he should of scored I mean its Citadel imageine if that was Notre Dame.

I look forward to others experences because we had fun.

“Braelyghn”

Sep 22, 2020, 9:20 AM

Congrats on bestowing your son with a strong, noble Welsh name. I see so many Coltons and Dustins these days, and just shake my head with sadness at parents willing to doom their sons to lives of bowling and backhoe operation.

We call him Bray Bray

Sep 22, 2020, 9:22 AM

he's a big boy.

He must take after his mamma

Sep 22, 2020, 10:02 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Easy there Shrek. She's someones daughter!***

Sep 22, 2020, 4:55 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

hotsawce said:

alot of what you posted didnt make sense to me but i feel ya on the room to spread out because a lot of my family memebers are quit large and the three seatabcks for we were prefect for me and my 175-lb 9 year old son, Braelyghn. I also appreciated the cleaniliness of the bathrooms because when i had to drop heat after our talgate Bo-Box the people in the green vests wiped away the overspray almost imeediately after i stood up. when I got back to the seatbacks Braelyghn was laying down and i sat on a bleacher so big guy could get some rest and one of the ushers told me we could only sit in the seatbacks or we would get covid. So I wok big boy up just in time for ETn's punt return which concerned me because he should of scored I mean its Citadel imageine if that was Notre Dame.

I look forward to others experences because we had fun.

9 years old?.. And already 175 lbs?...

Future Clemson Offensive Lineman!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Size, yes .... He aint to smart tho

Sep 22, 2020, 12:39 PM

I caught him eating pickle relish straihgt out the bottle. The squeeze kind.

Sometimes he coats his hands in mayo (Hellmans, not Dukes by God) and tries to cop a feel on his older sister, kaeylyn. hes hasnt gotten his way with her yet, but the way hes growing, it wouldnt surprise me.

If using a squeeze bottle to eat relish instead of spooning

Sep 22, 2020, 12:59 PM

it out of a glass jar like some sort of window licking mongoloid isn't smart, then I don't know what is.

Bray Bray going to play center one day. That's the QB of the interior offensive line, ya know?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you are onto something.

Sep 22, 2020, 1:02 PM

Kid ain't wasting good Dukes on a feelup either. Parent can't keep Hellmans in the house then act like it's a crime to get into it. At least he's putting that on his hands and not on his turkey sammich.

Like his father, he prefers to eat an nice open faced roast

Sep 22, 2020, 1:07 PM

beef sandwich with plenty of Duke's smeared all over it right before he gets home from work.

Freshly prepared, but getting down to room temps.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It must be delightful not to have to deal with riff raff.***

Sep 23, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

It was like a UNC game with a real football team***

Sep 22, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Good times as always, Obed. And it was good visiting with

Sep 22, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

you and your team again.

On one hand, I did feel as though IPTAY did set all of this up just for us. For years we've been asking for more space/distance from the commoners and boy did they deliver.

I guess this type of service does come with a price though. Not having the 1:1 ratio of workers there to serve us was, while tolerable, certainly inconvenient. I don't think I'll EVER forget just how cold my hand got when I actually had to dig into the ice box for chilled champagne.

Not IPTAY's fault, but the rep (I think he was from the aircraft maintenance group trying to win our contract) with the Columbia shirt and sunglasses cord around his neck was something else. Take that junk to Lot 2 next time, his manager needs to teach him to "dress for success".

Kudos on your food selections. Home run! I particularly enjoyed the Petit Pois although next time the egg could be poached a wee bit longer.

Obed, I see you paid your additional capital contribution

Sep 22, 2020, 9:32 AM [ in reply to It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

For suite tix (the 2020 covid suite tax)!
Obed®

Listin hear, it's people lik you that are turntin Clemson

Sep 22, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

into a joke. Clemson's about football. Clemson about family. Clemsons about getting to spend saturday afternoon with 86000 of you're closet friends. No way no how is this "new normal" better.

You can take your foster bananas and shove em. Wat kinda freakin tailgate BS is that? Should be fried chicken, sweat Tea, and Jack Daniels. Boonsfarm for the ladies.

And I aint never spit my dip on the ground in the stadium. Got more manners than that. Me and my son spit our grizzly into a cup. Don't know who you seent spittin it on the ground but in my 6 years of being part of Celmson family I never seen no one spit on the stands.

I don't think your repersenting what Clemsons all about. Might as well not come to the games if your just their to eat and be seen.

#AllIN

Indeed friend, we are a family.

Sep 22, 2020, 9:50 AM

But there’s nothing wrong with being content to only see Cousin Eddie once or twice a year.

r/whoosh***

Sep 23, 2020, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Listin hear, it's people lik you that are turntin Clemson ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Tish start H.S.? How does Tradd feel about

Sep 22, 2020, 9:48 AM [ in reply to It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

about having his sister in the same H.S.?

Was Muffy pleased with the caterer? Hope they chilled the salad forks this time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hear, hear!

Sep 22, 2020, 9:50 AM [ in reply to It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

No riffraff throwing footballs that you had to stab either***

Sep 22, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now that's funny right there...***

Sep 23, 2020, 3:00 PM [ in reply to It was gloriously different, and I hope IPTAY took note. ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: TNET: Saturday in the Valley: It was different, but it was football

Sep 22, 2020, 9:06 AM

I agree with you 100 per cent on the game day atmosphere and things were mighty boring. Someone should look in the stands during pregame and see if the music we have to listen to matches the audience! The poor game day announcer has so many commercials to read, he thought it was halftime at the end of the first quarter! Very surprised so many of the 19,500 were not taken up. I think that is attributed to the disappointing decision to put tickets on a cell phone. To get assistance on that, you’d probably need to drive to Greenville.....nobody in the parking lots had a clue! Lastly, players were focused and played well and the band really did a good job! The fake crowd noise prevented us from hearing the players talk to each other!

Sep 22, 2020, 10:35 AM

Tickets on a phone. What if you can't get your phone to work in that stadium canyon?

Then stop using Boost Mobile***

Sep 22, 2020, 10:38 AM

Sep 22, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Saturday in the Valley: It was different, but it was football ]

No prob! You don't need the tickets in the stadium, only outside of it.

Sep 22, 2020, 12:52 PM

The fake noise was awful, it needs to go. The crowd was doing a whole lot better than that junk. I agree too with not having to dodge pewwee football leaguers tossing footballs around. They should not let those come in the gates. It is not only the kids it is the wanna be dads tossing the ball to Jr as he runs routes. I bet the players enjoyed after the game much more not having to fight off all fans running on the field. The guys removing equipment had to like it better. Do feel sorry for the band having to stand the entire game. For all you who decided to not wear your mask after you were seated , don't blame those who did if it comes to not being able to attend games because some fans are disregarding the mask rule. Clemson ask us to wear them at all times inside the stadium, we have been given the privilege of being able to attend games in person the least we could do is respect them and do what they have ask. I don't like wearing the mask no more than anyone else, and if you get approached by one of the ushers don't fuss at them they are just doing what CUAD has told them to do. Those folks are only the messenger.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic