Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Meanwhile, in News not reported by CNN for some reason ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1,320

Meanwhile, in News not reported by CNN for some reason ...

Jul 2, 2019, 2:46 PM

Officials push back on AOC's border station claims, say she is 'misinforming' the public

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/officials-push-back-on-aocs-claims-say-she-is-intentionally-misinforming-the-public

Fred

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She clearly needs to spend more time in jail

Jul 2, 2019, 2:51 PM

<###### async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js">

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

heard her say drinking from toilet and no running water

Jul 2, 2019, 2:54 PM

where does the water for the toilet come from

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: heard her say drinking from toilet and no running water

Jul 2, 2019, 3:09 PM

Maybe the sink or whatever was busted but the toilet wasnt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's quite rational.

Jul 2, 2019, 3:44 PM

It might be that the sink just quit working for some reason like the faucet being stripped and they drank from the toilet tank until the plumber got there.

I would have dragged a garden hose to the facility until I could round up a couple or three of those five gal portable water coolers and some ice. AOC would probably say something about ICE if she saw me putting a cooler full of it in the facility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expert chiming in....

Jul 2, 2019, 4:43 PM

Typically when detention grade fixtures fail, they all fail. They work on pneumatic controls for the water closet flush valve, lavatory and bubbler. Here's what the backside of detention fixtures look like:

[img][/img]

Everything runs out of one controller. Typically when the controller fails, it all fails. And if only the bubbler failed, they could still drink from the faucet.

thanks boss***

Jul 2, 2019, 5:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Is that a utility closet...

Jul 2, 2019, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Expert chiming in.... ]

in this case a plumbing closet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that a utility closet...

Jul 2, 2019, 7:05 PM

Plumbing chase in a detention facility. It’s behind a locked door. That way you have access but keep inmates out. You also need access to the pinned cleanouts because inmates try and flush everything.

'Chase,' because it's multi story?

Jul 3, 2019, 10:27 AM

Sorry to ask but because I thought I knew everything knowable about commercial building my curiosity is sometimes consuming. Then again, I've never seen technical drawings of a detention facility.

Is it yellow water?

Jul 2, 2019, 3:01 PM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=g-uc5_QEmuM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meanwhile, in News not reported by CNN for some reason ...

Jul 2, 2019, 3:07 PM

Yeah I think she is full of it. A jerk agent probably told a thirsty detainee to drink out of the toilet when asked about water etc. Doubt the detainee ever did that. Still bad conditions it sounds like though.

oh, and she was sexually harassed too***

Jul 2, 2019, 3:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Conditions are horrible yet...

Jul 3, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Meanwhile, in News not reported by CNN for some reason ... ]

every single one of those people being detained knew exactly what the process was before they made the trip. That doesn't mean I'm cold or insensitive to their plight but these conditions exist because they chose to create these circumstances.

Parents are responsible for their children and and women who are raped, trafficked, bought and sold and seen their children bought and sold, those women are fully aware of the risk when they start the trip. I am not cold to the conditions but they are not caused by our laws.

Who is to blame is a subject worthy of more than one post.

Re: Conditions are horrible yet...

Jul 3, 2019, 2:55 PM

Trump is to blame, obviously. Why weren't conditions this bad before him? Obama, the Bushes, Clinton managed to run it better than this.

That’s patently false.

Jul 3, 2019, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Conditions are horrible yet... ]

The “process” can be wildly different, depending on timing, location, and which corrupt official you’re trying to bribe.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-06-17/thousands-asylum-seekers-left-waiting-us-mexico-border

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it's not news for this

Jul 2, 2019, 3:14 PM

"Who me? I didn't do it! You're picking on me!" administration to deny being irresponsible and blame someone else.

Jul 2, 2019, 3:45 PM

She is a slooty bartender for pete's sake. Who should listen to her at all??? She has done zero in her life, but pitch a false story about her upbringing to get votes. Its all hilarious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At first I believed that AOC didn't know what she's...

Jul 2, 2019, 4:02 PM

talking about. She removed all doubt when she preached on the injustices of the occupation of Palestine yet when asked what she meant she admitted she didn't know what she was talking about.

https://www.newsweek.com/ocasio-cortez-slams-israeli-occupation-walks-it-back-i-am-not-expert-1029386

Jul 2, 2019, 10:05 PM

Cant imagine what else "officials" would say. Of course, if it were the Obama administration you guys would be all over it.

In fact there were other witnesses there that corroborated AOC...but I'm not sure if Fox News covered that part.

It's clear that some of you are gonna hate on her because she's a far left liberal. Who gives a ####...it's just a part of life.

More lovin and less hatin will make you happier.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously, we did not bother to read the article ...

Jul 3, 2019, 8:47 AM

Or look at photos. Cliff Notes for you. Fixture is a "space-safer" .... sink sits with water fountain sits on top of toilet. Toilet and sink have two separate water lines. No one drinks out of a toilet. You open minded liberals really need to learn to think for yourselves ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obviously, we did not bother to read the article ...

Jul 3, 2019, 12:47 PM

Unless the fountain line is non functioning.

You open minded conservatives need to quit having such a knee-jerk to AOC.

She's way left, no doubt. But she's not stupid or a liar.

For stupid AND liar see Trump, Donald J. ;)

Beg to differ. She is incredibly stupid.

Jul 3, 2019, 12:52 PM

I would argue that she has not been a liar so much as she has made ignorant statements as if they are facts, but I would not be surprised if she becomes an outright liar in DC as she realizes the extend of her influence otherwise.

null

She isn't stupid she is willfully ignorant...

Jul 3, 2019, 8:04 PM

but I don't think she's stupid. She's a crafty, spitefully venomous and devious young woman. I believe when she said, 'They were drinking out of toilets,' and 'they were put in cells without running water,' she hadn't seen anyone drinking from a toilet and she willfully ignores the concept of running plumbing to anywhere without a sink nearby is foreign to America. It's just not done and I think she is unaware how obvious that lie is. Well, porta potties and jiffy johns don't have plumbing.

I also think she justifies lying by rationalizing that the ends justifies the means. She doesn't know what she's talking about half the time and the other half she's silent so it's hard to tell. She is willfully ignorant.

Re: She isn't stupid she is willfully ignorant...

Jul 3, 2019, 9:17 PM

Besides the toilet thing, others are confirming her summary of the conditions. You don't have a leg to stand on.

Trump foresaw and foretold you that this was going to happen

Jul 4, 2019, 9:35 AM

You insisted it was a 'manufactured crisis,' and I'm not going to let you forget this. Of course it's bad but instead of taking measures to avoid it when you first knew about it your party perpetuated it calling it a Trump manufactured crisis.

He didn't invite those people to illegally come here, your party did. I'll make you a list of actions and inaction(s) of your party which made this crisis happen if you want.

Link please?***

Jul 4, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: She isn't stupid she is willfully ignorant... ]

null

Re: Link please?***

Jul 4, 2019, 6:54 PM

One story of many

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/07/border-patrols-oversight-sick-migrant-children/593224/

That story did not even reference AOC’s claims, the visit, the day they

Jul 4, 2019, 9:53 PM

we’re there, etc.

I don’t think you understood the question.

null

Whoa. Filter fail. Do you have a link to others corroborating

Jul 3, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Meanwhile, in News not reported by CNN for some reason ... ]

AOC’s story?

And just to get ahead of it, I read one article about Joaquin Castro sneaking in a camera to show us cramped conditions...like we didn’t know that. EVERYONE has been saying that. That’s why Trump asked for emergency funding in early May, but of course the Dems flipped him the finger because they need the issue...somehow this is Trump’s fault, not theirs. Anyway, Castro said that “one of the women alleged that when she told authorities she was thirsty, an agent told her to drink from the toilet.” I hope that no one is equating that sentence to AOC’s impassioned declaration that people are drinking from toilets.

null

Re: Whoa. Filter fail. Do you have a link to others corroborating

Jul 3, 2019, 9:56 AM

Exactly. She was overly dramatic.

FIrst off, I don't hate anyone.

Jul 3, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Meanwhile, in News not reported by CNN for some reason ... ]

Hate is cancer of the soul. Hating someone is like drinking poison and waiting for them to die.

Yes, I detest her politics and can't imagine how anyone has respect for a child who is that ignorant about the world around them. She is a perfect example of a dingbat flip dizzy.

I can see it has made you happier***

Jul 3, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Meanwhile, in News not reported by CNN for some reason ... ]

It was exactly the same under Obama.

Jul 4, 2019, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Meanwhile, in News not reported by CNN for some reason ... ]

At times during Obama's term those 'cages,' were crowded. We know that from the photos taken in 2014 and presented as current a few months ago.

BTW, are you forgetting Trump's 'manufactured crisis?' I know your memory isn't gone so you well remember Trump saying we had a crisis at the border and Nancy, Chuck, AOC and other outspoken congressional dems joined with MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS and all the MSM print that this was a Trump ploy.

He gave fair warning back when the caravans first started that this would be disastrous for border control and instead of being even slightly circumspect and assisting in the prevention of this situation your idiots party doubled down, resisted every action Trump took to stop it and confounded any and all of the solutions Trump put in initiated instead of allowing him to apply remedy.

This is squarely on your party. Your party doesn't give a chit about these people, they are pawns you use to get at Trump and you're punishing them severely because of the venom withing the soul of the dem party.

That little dingbat is one of the ring leaders of those perpetuating the horrible situation at the border.

Jul 4, 2019, 8:47 PM

At least AOCs supporters managed to silence that great threat "mini AOC" by doxxing her family and threatening to murder them all until they were forced to stop for her safety. That's how leftists deal with dissent, even if its a 9 year old little girl.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1,320
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic