Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Really Finebaum...???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 3,259

Really Finebaum...???

Jan 21, 2016, 12:00 PM

Really? That onside kick was one of the greatest calls of all time? Do you know what all time means??

Don't get me wrong, it was a GREAT call by Saban, hats off to him for it, but to say that was one of the greatest calls of all time is asinine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly if the roles were reversed and Clemson had run that

Jan 21, 2016, 12:04 PM

play successfully in the championship game, we'd probably be saying the same thing. It was a great call and I still grimace every time I watch it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a gutsy call....

Jan 21, 2016, 12:14 PM

and Clemson's position/allignment on the kick set-it-up perfectly for them, but I don't know if I would call it the greatest call of all-time.

Clemson rebounded from the on-side kick.

The real backbreaker was the KO return and giving-up the big play to their TE.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Media would say e had to pull out gimmicks to win. Not...

Jan 21, 2016, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Honestly if the roles were reversed and Clemson had run that ]

hearing that since Mighty Bama as the one to do it.

This is exactly the truth***

Jan 21, 2016, 1:50 PM

I'd actually tend to agree with it

Jan 21, 2016, 12:11 PM

being one of the greatest calls of all time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

really gwp?

Jan 21, 2016, 12:13 PM

Again, it was a great call, but I guess I just don't see it as one of the greatest of all time.

Really. He knew his team was in trouble if they kick off

Jan 21, 2016, 12:18 PM

at that time. He called it because if they were successful it was their best chance at winning the national championship, in a game that many have called one of the top 10 national championship games of all time. If it fails, they're in big trouble.

The timing was perfect, and the execution was perfect. Name a play call that was better on this stage of a college game. Or throw in the Super Bowl. New Orleans performing an onside kick to start the 2nd half en route to their win? Saban's call is right up there with that IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I see your point

Jan 21, 2016, 12:22 PM

Given the stage it was definitely quite the ballzy move!

I hate agreeing with a

Jan 21, 2016, 12:19 PM [ in reply to really gwp? ]

charter member of the RAG ....

But I would agree.

Name a bigger call with clutch execution.

ONE of the biggest ever in college football, in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Charter member of what?***

Jan 21, 2016, 12:23 PM

I didn't know you worked for The State newspaper.***

Jan 21, 2016, 12:24 PM

If I did I'd kick my own ####***

Jan 21, 2016, 12:25 PM

Why not?

Jan 21, 2016, 2:31 PM [ in reply to really gwp? ]

You havent provided any explanation.

It sounds like you are just blindly opposing something that goes against Clemson

Here is the case I am making:

2nd half of National Championship game. Alabama can't move the ball on us. We are moving the ball on them with relative ease. Onside kick call & recovery not only gives Bama a huge momentum swing, but also changes the dynamic of the game and ultimately is the biggest factor for them winning, despite a record breaking performance by Watson.

Sounds like one of the greatest calls during one of the greatest games ever to me...

Message was edited by: CU2013®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd actually tend to agree with GWP

Jan 21, 2016, 1:49 PM [ in reply to I'd actually tend to agree with it ]

I can't think of many better ones -i f any - considering timing, execution, and what was at stake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It has to be one of the greatest based on the stage at the

Jan 21, 2016, 12:15 PM

time. Plus, it's not like they were 14 points down. It was tied.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Clemson has the onside kick and the puntrooski as some

Jan 21, 2016, 12:16 PM

of the greatest calls against us. How bout that? In these two real big games only tricks gave our opponents the win.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Anything In Life

Jan 21, 2016, 12:20 PM

everything depend on the results .

If they don't score and we hold them to a 3 an out it's no big deal . It would be
remembered as a great try...that's all .

The fact that they scored so quickly made it a great play.....and it was .

We got props for the fake punt against the Okie's ....it was a game changer.....so
was the on-side kick .

I'll add that Rich Rod's fake punt against UGA when WVU

Jan 21, 2016, 12:18 PM

beat them in the 2006 Sugar Bowl should be up there also.

Fake punt late in the game, up by less than a TD, what a great call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It took a pretty big set to call it, but a bigger set to

Jan 21, 2016, 12:20 PM

pull it off. Hats off to the kicker. It was executed to perfection. &%$&*it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure Finebaum reads TigerNet.***

Jan 21, 2016, 12:27 PM

that's an even more asinine assertion!

Jan 21, 2016, 12:28 PM

;)

Not sure I got this in here at any point, so I'll leave it

Jan 21, 2016, 12:27 PM

now .....

Met a radio guy on the flight back. Well known sports guy in our area ...

As we were talking about the game, he said "This will make you sick. I saw them run the onside kick play during their walk-thru and the receiver drop the ball and flubbed it out of bounds. "

Sure wish we woulda had someone see it and run up warning flags.

Still hard to believe. Didn't lose the game for us but took away a possession from us that would have allowed continued WEARING OUT of the bama D.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Really Finebaum...???

Jan 21, 2016, 3:52 AM

Between the timing, the execution, the surprise, the coach (never expect that from Saban), and the grand stage, it certainly has to be considered as an all-time great call.

Whats wrong with that? I have to agree with him

Jan 21, 2016, 2:25 PM

Bama was in a bad spot and that call completely changed the outcome of a national championship game. Why would you disagree?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really Finebaum...???

Jan 21, 2016, 2:50 PM

He makes his living being an sec propaganda mill.he's use to saying dumb stuff
GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 3,259
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic