Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Cris Carter to Watson "I wouldn't trust the Browns with my career"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: Cris Carter to Watson "I wouldn't trust the Browns with my career"

Jan 24, 2017, 10:22 AM

Cris Carter to Watson "I wouldn't trust the Browns with my career"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff, but sad that I needed to watch a Cowherd video***

Jan 24, 2017, 10:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like Cowherd may be trying to make amends.******

Jan 24, 2017, 10:31 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to see a "veto" rule for the draft...

Jan 24, 2017, 11:09 AM

Even if only (1) per player per draft.

In other words, if you are drafted by a team you really don't want to play for, you can defer/pass on the offer, and take the next one.

There would be some risk involved, but in cases like the Cleveland, worth the risk!

Suppose you grew up HATING a specific team and they drafted you...

You can refuse to sign if you have enough leverage

Jan 24, 2017, 11:26 AM

Eldest did it to the Colts and Eli to the Chargers.

Elway***

Jan 24, 2017, 11:26 AM

Elway's problem wasn't so much with Baltimore as

Jan 24, 2017, 12:24 PM

it was with anus Bob Irsay (although the Stanford brat did publicly state he wanted to play for a West Coast franchise, common sense would tell ya enough money and a well run team would've changed his mind).

Remember this is the same Irsay who told the Baltimore Sun he'd never move the Colts while he had Mayflower on hold on another line

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elway- yep

Jan 24, 2017, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Elway*** ]

him too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would like to see a "veto" rule for the draft...

Jan 24, 2017, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I would like to see a "veto" rule for the draft... ]

I can't see that Idea being a risk really, and here is why. Absolutely nobody in their right mind would want to see DW4 in Cleveland except maybe a Cleveland fan. If DW4 had 1 veto, yes, use it on Cleveland if they come calling 1st. 1st pick is, Cleveland Browns, 2nd pick is, San Francisco 49ers, 3d pick is, Chicago Bears, 4th pick is, Jacksonville Jaguars, and the 5th pick is, Tennessee Titans. Personally, out of those first 5 teams, I believe that Cleveland would be the worst team for DW4 to end up on. The 49ers and the Bears I believe want to get back to winning hands down over Cleveland. I would rather see DW4 with the Bears, 49ers, or Jags than any of the 5 teams that could grab DW4 in the 1st round, and the Jags aren't looking to draft a QB. I would love to see DW4 put Kaepernick behind the bench kneeling down for the rest of his career with the 49ers!!! So I see a one time Veto being better than none!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would like to see a "veto" rule for the draft...

Jan 24, 2017, 3:33 PM [ in reply to I would like to see a "veto" rule for the draft... ]

Under current rules a 1 time veto is a great idea. But why should a player even need a veto. He if is drafted by a team he does not want to play for he should have other options. In DW's case IMO he should have left open the option to return to Clemson for another year to avoid being drafted by the "Train Wreck" aka the Cleveland Browns.

And the NFL should punish teams who continue to make boneheaded moves and decisions like the cleveland browns. A smart team would trade up for DW. But players should not be tied to team like the browns. Anybody that was invTrump And His Press Secretary Flagrantly Lied On Their First Full Day In Office. That Matters.olved in drafting Johnny " Has Been" Manziel should have been fired. Worst draft pick since clowney going # 1.

DW please avoid Cleveland at all cost. IMO it Would be an NFL career killer for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are responsible for your own career path....just

Jan 24, 2017, 11:23 AM

like Chris Carter said.....very wise advice!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trusting The Browns is Like Having Hannibal Lechter

Jan 24, 2017, 11:37 AM

Babysit your kids. In fact they shouldn't be given draft picks, they should be assigned players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trusting The Browns is Like Having Hannibal Lechter

Jan 24, 2017, 12:14 PM

I would suggest that someone start sending photos of DW partying , swinging big champagne bottles
strippers etc .
Just enough to get the browns off of him .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trusting The Browns is Like Having Hannibal Lechter

Jan 25, 2017, 10:20 AM

I would tend to agree, BUT, that assumes they would act rationally. They don't. They picked Manziel.

If Watson has a Browns interview he should act like he has tourettes

Jan 24, 2017, 12:19 PM

Just start spazzing out so theyll freak and not pick him. Or Maybe go in their speaking a non discript language claiming that he cant speak or understand English. Anything to not go to NFL pergetory.

I have to agree with the 2 dumba$$e$***

Jan 24, 2017, 12:41 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Right now the Browns are where QBs go to get hurt and

Jan 24, 2017, 1:22 PM

end their careers. The NFLPA should step in and sue to not let the Browns draft another QB until they can show that's it not a career ending position there. That organization is so inept it should almost be taken back from ownership.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Cris Carter to Watson "I wouldn't trust the Browns with my career"

Jan 24, 2017, 1:49 PM

Being the Devil's Advocate here - what would happen to Cleveland if EVERYONE used that veto rule? Cleveland would need to shut their doors.

Saw a little thing on ESPN.com that said the two Super

Jan 24, 2017, 2:16 PM

Bowl teams have more athletes that came from the Browns than from any other team in the NFL. That tells you all you need to know about their incompetent management. They're a graveyard for quarterbacks, in particular, though. It's like the scarlet letter - the brown letter. Sounds gross. Probably would be.

Didn't Phillip Rivers do something like this as well?

Jan 24, 2017, 3:20 PM

Or did he simply ask for more money? Not like the Chargers know what they're doing either...

It was Eli Manning

Jan 24, 2017, 3:37 PM

He refused to play for the chargers. The chargers drafted him and traded him to the Giants for Rivers and some other players, but it was Eli that forced the deal.

Worked out pretty well for Elway and Manning...

Jan 24, 2017, 6:59 PM

Do it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Like Carter ... but even Cowherd got this one right

Jan 24, 2017, 10:15 PM

Browns ... Hue Jackson ... career killers. Hoping Deshaun slips to 6-10 where a quality team drafts up to takes him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic