Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is first come, first served important?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Is first come, first served important?

Sep 24, 2018, 12:59 AM

Some seem to think so...
Should Clemson go back?
Not that we don't have a great environment - is fcfs better?

Inside the stadium, the change in vibe begins in the student section. Texas controversially displaced some season-ticket holders to create a contiguous student section, but officials considered this a critical element. (Texas sought the advice of consultant Guido D’Elia, the man responsible for creating the gameday atmosphere at Penn State, which is home to one of the nation’s great student sections.

Martin and Del Conte eliminated a lottery-based student ticketing system that gave students assigned seats in favor of a first-come, best-served approach. “It’s like the difference between having a flight on Southwest Airlines versus a flight on United,” Martin says, referencing the Lone Star State-based airline that famously does not assign seats. “If you’re flying Southwest, you’re going to get your butt to the airport early.”

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/09/24/texas-longhorns-tcu-tom-herman-stadium-experience

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've thought about this over the last couple weeks, and I think its a

Sep 24, 2018, 1:03 AM

great idea. I think Greek life in Clemson will squash it, but it would make people who really want to be there get there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I've thought about this over the last couple weeks, and I think its a

Sep 24, 2018, 1:26 AM

Why do you think Greek life will squash it? How do you think Greek life will squash it?
I believe there should be one class of student ticket available and the students should be in one giant block on the lower level home side. I believe every student should have the opportunity to be at the game as one of the privileges (not a right) of choosing Clemson. I’d put a time limit on the availability of those student tickets, something like Tuesday of that game week, then the ticket goes to the public for sale. It can’t all be about money. The school needs to be about the school and that starts with the students.

Admittedly, I'm not up to date on our current student ticket process, but

Sep 24, 2018, 1:44 AM

my understanding is frats and sororities get block seating. I'm thinking they don't want to lose this perk. They are already organized and would be in best position to offer a stong voice of opposition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

And those are the ones that show up late in yellow ties?

Sep 24, 2018, 2:03 AM

and leave after halftime? Yeah, they can be mad all they want.

It's not the fraternity members you have to worry about

Sep 24, 2018, 8:04 AM

It's the fraternity ALUMNI, who have disproportionate pull at the university level.

All student organizations/clubs can get block seats,

Sep 24, 2018, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Admittedly, I'm not up to date on our current student ticket process, but ]

not just greek organizations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson has not done block seating in a while

Sep 24, 2018, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Admittedly, I'm not up to date on our current student ticket process, but ]

The hill is smaller because they reduced the amount of tickets sold there and do not allow students or fans without a wrist band to get on the hill

Re: Is first come, first served important?

Sep 24, 2018, 7:32 AM

I like it. If students have to show some effort, they will be more likely to show up and stay.

The dark haired girl has a flask tucked between her FUPA & jeans***

Sep 24, 2018, 7:39 AM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: The dark haired girl has a flask tucked between her FUPA & jeans***

Sep 24, 2018, 8:11 AM

And in back pocket.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mere flim-flam stories and nothing but shams and lies

Re: Is first come, first served important?

Sep 24, 2018, 7:46 AM

I like the "less ads on the scoreboard" part.

It used to be like that at Clemson

Sep 24, 2018, 9:20 AM

When I was at Clemson ('83) the frats and sororities had block seating but it was at the top (not prime). Go had to go to the library to pick up your tickets every week. Seniors went on Mondays, Juniors on Tuesdays, etc. The most passionate students got the best seats. There is nothing wrong with having to put in a little effort to get your tickets.

Someone would have had to point out the library to me first.

Sep 24, 2018, 9:28 AM

jk

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did it change in the first place?

Sep 24, 2018, 9:42 AM

Excuse my ignorance, but I graduated in '11 and didn't keep up with it after that. Camping out was a big deal, and IMO is the way it should be to have the best student section you can have.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic