Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many of you actually wear a mask?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1,185

How many of you actually wear a mask?

May 22, 2020, 11:55 AM

I don't have one, and don't know where to get one. I haven't encountered a situation where I had to have one, but I suppose if someone were to require it, I'd have to not go to that place.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many of you actually wear a mask?

May 22, 2020, 11:58 AM

I have about a 1/2 dozen N95s that I wear.

I also a have a Clemson and camo one that my aunt made.

So far been out in public a few times, just went with the N95.

Everytime I go into a place for my work or inside a store to

May 22, 2020, 11:59 AM

shop. Come on people. It's just a mask.

Probably make most better looking anyway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those things are a butterface's dream...

May 22, 2020, 1:21 PM

Someone works on that bod all the time only to have people recoil when they turn around. Now they get to live the fantasy a little longer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It took me a couple of trips to Publix

May 23, 2020, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Everytime I go into a place for my work or inside a store to ]

To remember that it doesn’t cover my eyes and I was staring at some Mt P housewife

I wear one. I don’t think I’m saving the world or anything. If it helps even a little, it helps. There’s no harm to me for wearing it, so why not?

May 22, 2020, 12:01 PM

You cant go to probably 90% of the stores where I live without a mask. I wear one. I wanted to pay cash for gas as I always do, but I forgot my mask and they wouldn't let me pay inside. The same thing happened to me at Pet Supermarket. I walked over to get some dog food. I forgot my mask and wasn't allowed to shop. I wear a bandana around my face. That seems to make people happy enough.

Do stores have them available? Like Walgreen's or something

May 22, 2020, 12:02 PM

I honestly haven't looked, because I assumed they wouldn't have any.

Etsy and other athletic apparel sites have tons of

May 22, 2020, 12:04 PM

types of cloth masks. Sounds like that's all you'll need.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't even think about online.***

May 22, 2020, 12:27 PM

recently bought a couple from this person in SC. $10 each

May 22, 2020, 12:43 PM

The Samaritan Sewer.

www.thesamaritansewer@etsy.com

they're simple 2-layer cloth, different color on each side, no place for filter, elastic straps to go around your ears. Do recommend.

The first ones we got from a friend who sews, they tied on which is a pain. And they were 2 layer cloth, but the same fabric so you couldn't tell which side was the inside the last time you wore it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You didn't think stores would have them, and didn't think

May 22, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Didn't even think about online.*** ]

about being able to buy them online? Did you think the military was air dropping masks to everyone and you had just missed it or something?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I thought everyone else got one before

May 22, 2020, 1:13 PM

they ran out. You can tell I have put a lot of thought into this.

Re: Do stores have them available? Like Walgreen's or something

May 22, 2020, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Do stores have them available? Like Walgreen's or something ]

Your “play dumb” schtick has been exposed. You can stop now and act like a normal human being

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?

May 22, 2020, 12:25 PM

Weird post. LOL.

You can use practically anything.

May 22, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Do stores have them available? Like Walgreen's or something ]

Do you own a cloth napkin? Handkerchief? Old t-shirt? Balaclava? Animal pelt?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of those, only an old t-shirt.

May 22, 2020, 12:29 PM

I'm all out of animal pelts for some reason.

What state do you live in? If you don’t want to say no worries.

May 22, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: How many of you actually wear a mask? ]

Just curious. I live in VA and I’ve only seen 1 store (outside of costco) that won’t let people in without a mask.

We have since November but,

May 22, 2020, 12:02 PM

my wife is going through chemo and her oncologist told us everyone in our household needed to wear one starting with normal flu season whenever we went out.

It’s been kind of nice here lately not being the only ones wearing them.

Just restocked with a box of 50 from Groupon last week.

You can easily make your own out of papertowels and fem

May 22, 2020, 12:04 PM

ale taint hair.

May 22, 2020, 12:05 PM

Everytime I step out of my truck for work or going to stores, also when pumping gas use hand sanitizer that is put on bedcover when I step out. Also when using any touch screen. Just prudent but this is not my 1st rodeo with this thing, I survived living in the main country for MERS, travelled during SARS and Swine Flu outbreaks . Oh forgot to toss in the ebola thing when old BHO refused to shutdown travel from Africa too. So my motto is I a'int getting taken out here in the USA.

Every time I go out to a public place. I don't wear them

May 22, 2020, 12:06 PM

for walks around the neighborhood or play time in the front yard, but I do wear them if I go to the grocery store or to pick up food, or go to Lowe's. I think enough people (especially people who work in those types of places) are anxious and if it makes them feel better, I'm happy to do it for now.

I also don't look down on people who don't. There's plenty of arguments that have been made by experts on all sides, and I am fine if people feel like it's not an appropriate approach to the situation.

null

I think masks absolutely make sense for some people

May 22, 2020, 12:12 PM

Re: I think masks absolutely make sense for some people

May 22, 2020, 12:14 PM

Latest DHEC recovery is 85%.

Latest CDC model says:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/health/cdc-coronavirus-estimates-symptoms-deaths/index.html

It has barely touched SC and we are trying to keep it that

May 23, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to I think masks absolutely make sense for some people ]

way. That's also why the stats for SC don't mean anything other than travel lockdowns in other states kept it from spreading more. Tourist season will be a real test, but I think most people are aware enough by now.

Gots me a Clemson one from ETSY

May 22, 2020, 12:13 PM

only wear it to the grocery store cause they make me.

Anywhere else that makes you, they don’t get my business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HEERE!

May 22, 2020, 12:14 PM

I'm old, infirm and just plain common.

I ask myself, WWJD. Uncle Jed would wear the dang mask.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HEERE!

May 22, 2020, 12:18 PM

From one old man to another it just makes sense for us. I get laughed at when I arrive at work, no big deal , this morning I told the one that is most mouthy that it was okay. Followed by it will be the same laugh I give you if you come down with it while taking utterly zero precautions while working in a high risk job.

I get laughed at with or without a mask.***

May 23, 2020, 1:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a P O S cloth mask

May 22, 2020, 12:16 PM

that will only help if I have rona and may stop others from getting sick

If everyone is wearing a mask, my mask makes sense otherwise it is futile to wear

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: I have a P O S cloth mask

May 22, 2020, 12:19 PM

WHat helps is to fold 2 layers of blue/white shop towels in the mask. Easy to replace and helps by a lot.

Nobody cared who I was til I put on the mask.

May 22, 2020, 12:19 PM

May 22, 2020, 12:20 PM

i do while shopping

you can buy masks online, might not be as good, but hay, line it with this lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 12:24 PM

Man , you gots to use the ones with wings for better coverage. The plus side of these is they come with an adhesive strip to stick it to your face.

May 22, 2020, 12:31 PM

see, much better coverage.

May 22, 2020, 12:35 PM

Guess if these are out of stock one could use 2 each tampons(light days of course) stuffed in your nostrils. Anything larger would just look silly.

In general, I am surprised at how many people are

May 22, 2020, 12:36 PM

saying they wear one. Almost none of the people I interact with on a day-to-day basis have one. I do see some at the store, but probably less than half the people.

Re: In general, I am surprised at how many people are

May 22, 2020, 1:24 PM

Then why are you asking if they are at the store if you have seen them at the store?

I''m sorry, maybe I said it wrong. I meant

May 22, 2020, 1:26 PM

I see some people at the store wearing them. I've never seen a mask on sale at a store.

May 22, 2020, 12:39 PM

ACE Hardware had plenty of paper masks where I live in WNC.I wear mask to make others comfy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes ... into grocery & retail. No ... golf, walking & seated

May 22, 2020, 12:40 PM

at an outdoor table. I think it should be LAW for airports, planes, trains, subways, buses etc.

I see it as a “respectful” thing to do for more vulnerable population.

Re: Yes ... into grocery & retail. No ... golf, walking & seated

May 22, 2020, 12:41 PM

I do spray down the golf cart with Lysol before using one.

May 22, 2020, 1:07 PM

My wife and I wear them when we go out. It’s the right thing to do if you have one. Not once have I felt hypoxic like some of these QAnon ######## and ‘karens’ keep using as a bull ship excuse not to wear them.

May 22, 2020, 1:17 PM

Target has them or did last time I was in there...

May 22, 2020, 1:16 PM

I wear mine in the grocery store. Sometimes if I'm running in and out I'll skip it. I have an N95 but that doesn't help anyone else, so I'm thinking I may just double up the buff I have for fishing and wear that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wear a buff around my neck in stores and pull it up

May 22, 2020, 1:34 PM

at checkout or around others. But if I'm loading wood at Home Depot then I've got it down.

It's not that big of a deal and a considerate thing to do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm getting a haircut Tuesday, and have to have one.

May 22, 2020, 2:13 PM

I'm going to testify in court the next week, and will have to have one.

I guess I could skip the haircut and quit my job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's against the law to wear a mask and carry a gun

May 22, 2020, 2:21 PM

$1 to Shorty

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 4:38 PM

I wear mine everytime I go out. You can get them on Amazon. The theory is that since you can spread the virus before you know you have it, that wearing the mask is for yours and others protection.

MI resident: wear it any public enclosed place pretty much

May 22, 2020, 4:41 PM

Most stores in my area have signs up saying you must wear unless medically you can’t. Not sure if law or not. I just know I look good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An update: for the first time, I was denied entrance

May 23, 2020, 9:37 AM

to a place because I didn't have a mask. I guess I'll stay shaggy a little longer. I might have to break down and buy one, because I can't let my hair get over my ears.

No scissors...?***

May 23, 2020, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's required indoors everywhere I go

May 23, 2020, 1:20 PM

Lots of places to buy them, and there's no wait anymore. Industrious people are making them at home and selling on etsy and amazon hand-made. Small domestic companies have converted to do the same (stringkings, allet wallets, and loads more).

Try a few because some won't fit well. You've been in a place with few enough cases that you have to ask the question. Let's hope it stays that way.

I do when I go in stores. I tried working out in one today.

May 24, 2020, 9:30 PM

I was the only person (other than the folks that worked there) that had one on. so I'm debating on going back.
I have a few handmade ones that I bought from folks that were making them. and I had a box of dust masks that I bought for working around the garage, cutting grass since I'm allergic to the outdoors.

I have also gotten some buffs/neck gaiters to wear. that's what we gave to our son to wear. He knows that he's supposed to wear it if other kids get too close at daycare. Honestly trying to prep him for school..which I hope opens in the fall. If a mask is needed, then so be it because that fulltime working, homeschool crap was not what's up.

Message was edited by: 3timeTiger®

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Replies: 52
| visibility 1,185
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic